PDA

View Full Version : Rescheduled News Conference For Epcal

CIN
09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Just heard from Shirley Densieski who told me that Eddie wanted us to know the following:

PRESS CONFERENCE
FRIDAY AT 10AM
AT THE NORTH GATE AT EPCAL

BEING HELD BY JIM STARK WHO IS RUNNING FOR THE TOWN BOARD.

HE IS ALL FOR REXCORP'S PROPOSAL FOR THE RACE TRACKS AT EPCAL. AND THIS IS NOT A TOTAL DONE DEAL.

debbie33
09-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Good!!!! He already had my vote!!

randomrodder
09-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Now that's some refreshing news.

Too bad some of us HAVE to work :(

W. J.
09-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Cin, how about directions for those who don't know how to get to the North Gate at Epcal?

SuperShafts
09-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I believe that is the gate on 25 across from the radar shack

CIN
09-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Just heard from Shirley,
Route 25 1/4 mile west of the Airplane.

See you all there tomorrow.

TMAC
09-20-2007, 12:42 PM
This might sound crazy on such short notice, but how about we get some race cars, motorcycles, quads, go karts and some race trailers [actually, a lot of them!] and go out to this meeting with this type group showing that we the public are not satisfied with what is going to happen with this land. If anyone is interested in doing this, I will load my sons quad up in the truck and go there. Anyone interested in doing this? Call me at 631 974 3902 and I will take off from work tomorrow and hopefully we can make a statement at press the conference with the people and vehicles we have.....

Thanks
Tom McElligott

SuperShafts
09-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Postponed till this week....looks like Thursday...I will let you know. Absolutely bring them down. But not tomorrow, unless we want to hit the Town Hall.

CIN
09-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Yep,
Just heard from Shirley....News conference cancelled until next week. Will post information when I get it.

Ka$h25
09-22-2007, 03:45 AM
So many different topics about this, wasn't sure where to post this lol. Just came across this and makes me wonder even more why Riverhead would choose to let these guys in over EPCAL. Apparently they have created similar projects and couldn't raise the funds to build.

But a trail of financial failures and half-started enterprises follows Stewart and his North American chief executive, Delbert Freedline. Over the past decade, the two have announced the same type of indoor ski resort, and a variety of other athletic and economic development ventures, from Connecticut and the shores of Lake Erie to Lugano in Switzerland, Paris, Scotland, Poland and now Turkey

Large article about this guy and his long list of failed projects, also mentions he lied about his position with a company, a position he hasn't held since 2004.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-bzski,0,7595019.story?coll=ny-homegarden-utility

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Wow, Newsday is really on the ball. That's about 7 months late, maybe even longer..

RGeeProductions
09-22-2007, 08:51 AM
So many different topics about this, wasn't sure where to post this lol.

I agree, some are losing focus and throwing threads all over the place. We go from one topic to another, then start a new thread, then change topic again. Keeping all posts pertaining to this issue in one thread would be a nice start to FOCUS....
I do hope those who do not live in Riverhead understand a few things. It's is Riverhead property. County politicians and any persons living outside of Riverhead WILL NOT BE LISTENED TO by the Riverhead Town Board, PERIOD. They are here to serve us, in Riverhead, and are not concerned with what outside of township feels or wants. Yes closed minded, but true. It is strictly Riverhead property and Riverhead dealings. Also remember, it is an election year here. Mr Stark, Cardinale's opponent has already been on our town board. Maybe do a background check of what he accomplished in this town and why he isn't a council member anymore before putting down Cardinale when it was THE WHOLE TOWN BOARD that voted on this venture. It is a great thing that Eddie Densieski does not support the ski venture but then again it is my understanding that he will be running for Highway Sup and that throws his pull on the board out the window.
supershafts, please do not answer with a lengthy post. You have pretty much posted anything and everything possible as an answer to this and time for some actual facts rather than putting officials down, and finding more land and other statements that just won't happen. Long Island is only so wide and over saturated as it is and this just won't happen anywhere else. If we were upstate, we may have a chance in another locale.
I am totally for a entertainment/motorsports complex at Grumman, but I do not want to waste time on something that will not change anything. I think it is time to focus on something that may make a change of mind on the board. At this time, I really don't see that and do hope and pray they fail the $$$$$ test for starting this project as I think it is a totally ridiculous venture and will be bankrupt within 3 years of opening!

My PERSONAL opinion,
Richie Grodski

00 RBDJ
09-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I think that that town knows it is going to fail and what a great way to get double the price for the land. Get the money for a ski slope let it fail then in a few years get the money for something else that they know will work, like the plan we all want..In their eyes it is a win win situation. Now the town brings in $300 million for the same piece of land, not just $140-$150million.. Just my opinion..

RGeeProductions
09-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Good observation. I was wondering when someone would bring that up.
BUT, in turn, it would also be increased costs in building to anyone who wants to develop it at that time.
In something of this magnitude, the sooner is always the better, $$$$$ wise, from the developers point of view.

W. J.
09-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Yesterday's Newsday article pointed out that the whole project might not even be completed before the year 2020. Just a colossal mistake on the part of the whole town board.

Drumz1959
09-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey Rich does Jim Stark or his family still own the glenwood property next to riverhead raceway?........ Wasn't it the Stark regime that restricted the raceway from doing any renovations years ago? Nice post above.....GMHO

RGeeProductions
09-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes sir, not sure if specifically him, but family does and I believe the Foxwoods village on Middle Road just northeast of the track.
And thanks, trying to lay out facts that most not from Riverhead know of.

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 09:11 PM
WAS Stark in office during 87 and 88 when those laws were put in place? ?

This law is great though and I don't know why it doesn't go longer

85-4. Days and hours of operation. A.

No motor vehicle raceway shall permit any motor vehicle to warm up or compete except during the hours of 11:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. through 10:45 p.m. on a maximum of two (2) days per week, exclusive of rescheduled events, during the months of April, May, June, July, August and September, which shall not exceed twenty-eight (28) days.

The way I read it, and my legal council is racing all week long from October thru March...

More spec drags......

SuperShafts
09-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm not from Riverhead, and I'm kinda surprised I know quite a lot...

So before everyone goes blaming Stark....READ THIS

Town of Riverhead Councilman 1990 - 1995

So apparently it wasn't Stark, he wasn't there during 87 and 88

FURacing
09-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I just would like to know how something so big can be decided by four politicians (they knew what they were deciding before any envelope was opened anyway, sealed bid my ***). They say this piece of land and project is for the people of Riverhead and everyone else that would agree to pay any admission fee they could charge, but yet they don't give them a choice in vote??? I'm lost here, when did dictatorship return??..I, to this day, cannot find anyone who wants to see a ski mountain or a second water park anywhere near Riverhead...travel 2 hours away to your choice of about 20 ski resorts or better yet, a mile down the road for one of the top 5 water parks in the country. Unfortunately, I have no say in Riverhead because I live in Southampton Town, but have gone to Riverhead school district and grew up in the town itself, just about. This whole project was for Cardinale's benefit only, just like every other failed project he's signed off on. If the people outside of Riverhead Township don't matter to the board, then I guess all of us outsiders need to stop bringing our money into this town. how about taking their name off of a venue that is pretty well known on the East Coast of the United States. Give the naming rights of the famed 1/4 mile here to someone who appreciates what kind of business and profit it brings to this town in just 20 weeks of operation.

SuperShafts
09-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Come to the rally this Saturday or see the Lidragracing board, there is a lot that went on with outside influence..

IF anyone has any questions i am easy to find. I will either have on LI driveshaft shirt or one of my Supershafts jackets...

On the day of the rally, you can look for my truck, which will be leading with some banners...

CIN
09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Latest word:

Press conference Tuesday 9/25 at 11 AM in front of the F-14 at EPCAL

RGeeProductions
09-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Thank you CIN.
PLEASE NOTE: We have 4 threads now in LIJam General pertaining to EPCAL.
Could we PLEASE keep from starting anymore threads as it gets confusing what to read for info. ORGANIZATION!!!

W. J.
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I agree, Rgee. If many more get started, they will either be merged or deleted, depending on the duplicity of the information.
Please, let's make it easier on everybody to gather the information they need by keeping it all in one place.

nos2424
09-24-2007, 10:02 AM
This is a hot topic and since it is happening tommorrow at 11 maybe this one could delete all of the old ones and take center stage. Just a thought. Hope to see everyone at the intersection of 25 and 25A at the press conference Tuesday. This will tell the town board what the people really want. Meet you at the North Gate!

concordcharlie
09-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey Rich does Jim Stark or his family still own the glenwood property next to riverhead raceway?........ Wasn't it the Stark regime that restricted the raceway from doing any renovations years ago? Nice post above.....GMHO
Yes he does, and yes, they did.

SuperShafts
09-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Latest word:

Press conference Tuesday 9/25 at 11 AM in front of the F-14 at EPCAL

Cin edit your 1st post and put this in there ^

SuperShafts
09-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I agree, Rgee. If many more get started, they will either be merged or deleted, depending on the duplicity of the information.
Please, let's make it easier on everybody to gather the information they need by keeping it all in one place.

That would be fine...

But the 1st post here say's friday still...if you want to merge them ok, but put the right info back in the 1st post..

How many people skip right thru the rest of the talk to just reply or wave there pointer of the subject to see if they want to go futher....and well right now they'll all be there friday.....

wayne
09-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Why is there a press conference at 11 am when everyone is at work?

W. J.
09-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Uh, because POLITICIANS don't know anything about working hours, LOL.

(See the story in today's Newsday about the Senators running for President and the votes they missed while 'working' for the betterment of the people)

FERGBIZZ
09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
seems to me like alot of people signing this petition don't even know what they're signing...people think they are signing something to keep the racetrack we already have.

00 RBDJ
09-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I know a lot of people work, but it was a pretty sad turn out at the press conference today. They don't think the mountain will happen due to various reasons. But if you want the track and everything that Rexcorp has to offer you still need to fight.
Besides the press conf., the Cabelvision editorial is about the mountain also. Call and tell them what you think. 516-803-2080

nflobster
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I, being a owner of a small establishment, couldn't make it because of the Thurs to Fri to next Fri then Tues. That's 4 days to leave open in my week, which is hard to do. I have written letters and made many phone calls in support of Rexcorp and I hope they understand the whole project a little better.

SuperShafts
09-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I attended the press conference and Mr.Stark seems to be on the ball.

He was clear with what he saw as a problem and outlined why, and he was clear that Rex Corp, with the companies reputation and projects, is the company to do business with.

He outlined other problems the ski idea would have and just wind up being nothing but problems and never happen..

He also spoke on how the Rex Corp plan was much more feasible, with minimum impact and could come to fruition much quicker and actually become viable to the much needed tax base in Riverhead and continue to be...

Also I must agree with above... This is NOT how we will get things DONE...
What was it 20 people, and 5 of them were media..Mr.Stark, and ED D...the rest was public supprt...wonderful showing......

When I walk out of my shop everything stops....I was there. Man do I feel nervous about Saturday now...I had a count of 75 people telling me I'll be there..it never changes....

To those wonderful people that did come today, I salute you... and thank you....including the woman making the pass on the shoulder to get to her spot and park... We need more like you people

SuperShafts
09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Riverhead GOP supervisor candidate blasts Calverton ski resort proposal as "snow job" -- Newsday.com

Click here: www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-licalv0926,0,6836516.story