PDA

View Full Version : Attention all drivers and sponsors

SuperShafts
09-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Tuesday at 6:30 pm, be at the Riverhead town hall.

Sunday at 11 am, be at the F-14 at Epcal on Rte.25

This is no joke, you must support the Rex Corp plan if you want to see it happen.

Tell your Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter, Friends, people next to you on line at the gas station, and the store..

Tower Man
10-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Hey Super, what are we looking to accomplish here? We don't need a gang of unruly race people. We need organization. We need a spokesperson and we need to disprove the negative thoughts that non racing people have of racing people. To cram 300 people into a room, yelling and throwing accusations around will only defeat the cause. And prove the non racer right.

Just my opinion.

SuperShafts
10-01-2007, 07:16 AM
You aren't going to get 300 in the room, but we could get more outside..

He'll know what everyone is there for, i'll have stickers and some signs for everyone to wave around...

If need be and people need to speak we can work it so that people will come out and get the next person... Everything that needed to be said to cardinale was pretty much siad by me saturday....and i have never wanted to run from anywhere....but after some of his answers i was afraid what he might have could be caught... You should have seen it i was going to say dealing with him is like banging my head on that flag pole....and walk over to it

People need to be seen and the bigger the crowd the better...

He and the rest of that baord need to SEE and FEEL the heat...

We don't have to get any worse then just chanting some slogans....

Anyone that even tries to do something violent, or if you throw something....you will be dealt with..

In the next few weeks we are going to prove who is tainted and who is not....do not dare bring anything to taint yourself or BS to the cause..
We have so much wonderful info about these people against us that they aren't going to be coming out in public anymore...

debbie33
10-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Super Shaft you aren't getting it. I have lived in this town my whole 39 years and it has been the same way all those 39 years. The people in this town think that us race fans are dirty, white trash, hicks, who live in trailer parks. They are against the track because of the noise and "us people". They do not want "us" in their town.

I have dealt with the Town Board numerous times in my line of work and the way they treat you depends on the way you treat them. If you bring a group of people in there with an attitude and causing a scene they will have you removed. You have to go in there quietly and sit and listen to them run the meeting, they will then give the public 5 minutes a person to speak about the current issues. When you have your people go up to the podium to speak make sure they do not sound like the above mentioned people they think we are. Like Tower Man said you need a level person in charge of the crowd and to maintain the outburst that will go on when we do not like what the officials have to say. You can't have people go up to the podium to talk unless they are articulate and have a clue as to what they are saying. I wish you all luck at this weeks meeting I can't be there because I have a meeting already that night at my sons school.

RGeeProductions
10-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Thank you Joe and Debbie.
First off, whomever speaks at the board meeting SHOULD BE A RIVERHEAD resident. I have mentioned numerous times already, they won't give a hoot about someone from out of town speaking on EPCAL issues.
Second, they must be presentable and speak properly, not whatever it is you call the above.
FACT: Seems this is becoming an obsession by some.
Follow Debbie's post for the board meeting, it is all correct.

concordcharlie
10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Super Shaft you aren't getting it. I have lived in this town my whole 39 years and it has been the same way all those 39 years. The people in this town think that us race fans are dirty, white trash, hicks, who live in trailer parks. They are against the track because of the noise and "us people". They do not want "us" in their town.

I have dealt with the Town Board numerous times in my line of work and the way they treat you depends on the way you treat them. If you bring a group of people in there with an attitude and causing a scene they will have you removed. You have to go in there quietly and sit and listen to them run the meeting, they will then give the public 5 minutes a person to speak about the current issues. When you have your people go up to the podium to speak make sure they do not sound like the above mentioned people they think we are. Like Tower Man said you need a level person in charge of the crowd and to maintain the outburst that will go on when we do not like what the officials have to say. You can't have people go up to the podium to talk unless they are articulate and have a clue as to what they are saying. I wish you all luck at this weeks meeting I can't be there because I have a meeting already that night at my sons school. very true, hope they listen to you

debbie33
10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
A few years back a bunch of us went to the Town Board meetings to convince to the Town to let Eddie @ TS build a track at his site. Some people who went up to the podium were great they talked about the demographics and what it could bring to the Town. Others went up with the we want a track attitude and made complete fools of themselves.
Yes, you should be a Riverhead Town resident when you go up a direct the board but you should also have your ducks in a row. Know why, what, where and how. You can’t just go up and say we want a track and that is it. You are talking to people who have no clue about racing. They just know what they see and hear about “us” racers in bad red neck jokes.
So please do your homework before you go up and speak to the board members because remember 1st inpressions can not be changed.

Good luck to all tomorrow night!!

SuperShafts
10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Really then so i guess cardinale calling me friday night telling me i'll give you the 500 acres next to the 755 was him not worried about me and my organization...

Here is what I told him that night and at the press conference Saturday in front of all...

We told you what we wanted months ago Phil...you screwed up, I am not your 'throw me a bone type of guy' and leave you alone..

When I screw up, I go above and beyond what's needed to keep my people happy..
Now you are in that same predicament...

I am preparred to take the 500 + the 755 at the same price of 152 mil..

He said but it's worth more than that....I said then you have a problem..

I then gave him fact...we could be up and running within 2 years, already giving you the profit off the top of all sales, that by 2020 it would have far exceeded any money from your ski people.

I did my homework I know why they chose the ski op, and they do not want me broadcasting it all over like I told him I will do, that and drag out everyone's closest involved with him, and I told the media and him, knock yourself out trying to drag my reputation thru the street...

I told the media after you do this motorsports person's backround..see who's reputation you would rather stand behind..mine or theirs...then we'll see who the dirt bag is...

Make sure you support this and stop being afraid of them and make sure you vote them out...

I am not here to play games or have tea and crumpet meetings.

You're right, I'm not a Riverhead resident, but he called me, and I am backing you up...all I ask is you do the same.

SuperShafts
10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
1 more thing....how about helping me making my job easier and knock off all the bs in the pits at RR there is no need for any of that to go on, this is gonna eventually come out and I am preparing for it...

Then I'll have a much easier time, rather than having to play damage control...

Remember, like I told them saturday...your past will come back to haunt you.. I told them you don't want me in your closet like I have been venturing into this past week, the real dirt bags are those in the civics and those in other positions, not me.
You are all a part of motorsports, they're not gonna be able to use me as a example.

debbie33
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I hope when you speak to the board and the news media you don't vent as much as you do on here because it makes you look foolish. We all want the same thing a family oriented race facility with all of the wonderful things that they have to offer. But you have made this seem (to me anyway) your personal cross to bear if it is so be it. If he called you personally so be it, it just seems unfair that you are threatening to pull skeletons out of closets when it shouldn't have to come to that in my opinion. Good luck with that.

SuperShafts
10-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Someone who was present Saturday explain what went on and what was said including me...does anyone present Saturday feel me saying anything further will jeopardize anything I have been fighting for.

I vent on the motorsports community boards because I'm tired of hearing everyone cry "we don't get this" "they ignore us" "they don't care" we have had how many events and we get unsubstantial numbers...instead like Saturday, I get several people calling me Saturday morning, " I can't make it, I gotta go to E-town, I gotta go to this car show, I gotta play ...."

Then we show up 200, 800, 1500, 2000, 2100, 150....our best ever was 2100..still not the big number

SuperShafts
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
it just seems unfair that you are threatening to pull skeletons out of closets when it shouldn't have to come to that in my opinion. Good luck with that.
Whoooaaa! ! ! ! Debbie slow down there kid....

Am I grouped in with that remark all the civics and legs, and other elected officials go touting around ...
You know...I/we are dirtbags, rednecks, white trash, trouble makers, lowlifes, criminals, hooligans..
I am not 1 of those people, and they started it and I am putting my reputation out there for them to go thru and I'm going to SHOW the WORLD who really is the dirtbags, low lifes, criminals, and trash. I'll let those people decide who they want to stand behind...ME, a person that likes to enjoy cars as a sport, or the people that want to cast stones, who are the true rotten apples hiding behind a good few...
It wasn't me that declared them to be ... it was them that declared I/you/we are the problem...well now they've got it...think before you speak...isn't it what they say to you?

You can find out all kinds of wonderful things on these people it's public record...take a look.

SuperShafts
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Why don't you call TS and see if we can't get something going for them...iron's hot...might as well pitch that tonight too..

I'll respectively bs him..I'll lay off, let Eddie build...

art11758
10-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I guess what it seems to me that everyone is reacting to is the exasperation/frustration of some. While at Saturdays press confrence, I heard some things. What I didn't see though was enough bodies. If you were there, or know someone who was, they will tell you what I'm about to tell you. Those that spoke for the motorsports community ("us"), were prepared, polite and well informed. Who wouldn't want to be associated with that? At one point, it was brought up what the "public at large" thinks of "us" and calls "us" when they want their way. What they might not know is we are: taxpayers, employers, employees, fathers, mothers, citizens (wooo a hot topic in and of itself), and hopefully, voters. Who wouldn't want to be in that group? So if a gathering of "us" is outside of Town Hall, behaving, assembled legally, what harm could that do? A Riverhead resident on their way in might get a different view. When Mr. Stark or Mr. Densieski (both Riverhead residents, I would think) speaks at that meeting to either put forth a motion to rescind the vote of last Tuesday, or put it on the Ballot in November, as they said they would on Saturday.....perhaps something good for "us" might come of it. But to do nothing, well that just won't get anything done. I realize that this past Saturday most were at Mountain, Stafford, Holbrook, Englishtown, or you get the picture. You weren't being heard. I was fortunate. I didn't get called for work (a very lucrative offer when it comes), so I was able to be heard. Some might say "Well, all you did was drive from Plainview to Calverton and assemble with others". Right. That was it. It doesn't get much easier than that. How's that guy I have heard about on TV say it? "You can dooo it!!" Yes you can. If I can get free from work tonite, I know I'm going to.

randomrodder
10-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Wish i could be there, I'm still recuperating from a bad bout of pneumonia.
It's not a lost cause yet, the more people the better. Keep it orderly though, or as orderly as possible.