PDA

View Full Version : What I like about NEETS...

CJfilms
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Ok, I am going to start this thread hoping to hear what everyone has to say about NEETS....just finish the sentence, and feel free to ramble on and on...

What I like about NEETS...I like to see the people that I am in this for, come together race after race, put their hearts into their cars and racing and go out on the track and have FUN! Even if they break, wreck, ...or never even get it moving, they are still there with a smile on their face and willing to help someone else out while they are there...and they are already fired up for the next event! They help out their friends and even other racers they have never met before...they show a true form of humility and grace helping out racers on any level, any time and in any situation...from changing tires or trading knowledge, to lending tools or tearing body panels and bumpers off when someone that they don't even know pulls into the pits...just to get them back out there racing again! Seeing families race together, side by side...friends race against each other...and strangers come together and helping each other out........that's what makes NEETS so special, to me at least!

So, what about you?

Erin C
10-01-2007, 09:41 PM
is the fact that even though I am trying my hardest and trying not to get my hopes up with my truck I always get compliments on how I am improving. Everyone gives me pointers and I listen very intently because I know everyone else has the knowledge and admire that they share it with me. I do have a few that joke around...JOSH, JOE, MATT!!! But I know it is all in good fun and that your are comfortable enough around me to know that I can take a joke!! I love the personalities of everyone, the enthusiasm, and the respect that we all have for each other.

I am probably talking in circles, but I can't name just one thing. I like everything about this sport, about this series...especially everyone who is involved!! It seems like 99% of Enduro drivers I have met over the last few years from anywhere, no matter where they call their home, have that same spirit...a welcoming, sharing, and caring spirit!

I don't mean to sound all mushy but that is how I see it.

fuglygswteam
10-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I like everything you guys and gals all said above, but I appreciate the NEETS family atmosphere and fairness. the fact you guys all can work with me and other drivers to work around our personal lives as well is awesome. When we had a race the same day as Mountain, you guys OK, and moved the date so that everyone could still race. Not many series would go above and beyond to make sure everyone remains happy, or still provide "competitive payouts" even though we haven't been getting over 30 cars; which shows you guys actually care and appreciate our dedication and commitment to the series. Just want to say thanks for all the things you guys have done. :cheers:

Tracy57
10-04-2007, 05:59 PM
My husband and I participated in derbies the last three years and when we suddenly lost our crew chief (my father), I couldn't find it in my heart to derby again. When I was a vendor at Schnecksville fair, I noticed the #57 truck and it caught my eye (It was almost to the day of the 1 year anniversary of my father's death). The #57 was used on our derby cars the last three years (my dad's tombstone even has the #57 car from the first year we did a derby). I don't know who I talked to there, but I even brought my husband to see the cars. That Sunday, we were at the Firecracker Smacker and also the Beaters in July. I can tell you that I was already hooked after the Firecracker Smacker! We visited the pits after these races and everyone was so nice to us. We had a car "hanging out in our driveway" that we bought for parts and decided what the heck, let's give it a try! We had a great time racing at the Labor Day Junkaton (and we didn't even dent the car) that we decided to continue (and even get a better seat- so we don't slide out of it). Yes, we did dent the car on Sunday, but it adds character to it- and as my husband said, "It's no enduro car until you get a few dents on it".
What amazed me on Sunday was when my husband came in the pits (only after crashing on lap 2 in the 6/8 cylander race), the amount of people willing to lend a hand to get him back out on the track again. I changed the tire only to find out it still wasn't moving. A handful of people and total strangers from the pits came to my rescue to pound the heck out of the wheel to prevent it from hitting. Finally he was back out again and finished. I actually think it ran better than it did BEFORE the crash!
If anyone wants to see the true meaning of teamwork, they should come to the pits during a NEETS race! We help each other out, whether its to borrow a tool, or gas, or to get a car back out on the track. We are all there to have a good time doing something we love! :applause:
I want to thank all that helped get #57 back on the track again. We are looking forward to the Frankenduro and I am psyched. We look forward to seeing you all again too!

CJfilms
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Well said Tracy...

No matter how much we talk about it here...it's the experience she had this past weekend that shines on the most....

Thank you all!

richardpetey
10-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I like the NEETS family because everybody really thinks I'm their Uncle Petey, hehe.......................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

woot lawrence
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
What do you mean THINKS? You are our Uncle Petey! :cool: