PDA

View Full Version : Doug Coby

jfp711
10-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I think it's a big injustice that Doug is on the outside looking in with the Mod Tour, I don't want to piss anybody off here but is money that more important than running good ???? because what has Rick Fuller done in the #77, IMO not a thing, I think Ricky's better days are behind him while Doug still has a brite future. What happen to days when winning was more important.

Howie
10-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I understand that if the 28 didn't have problems at Stafford (and I believe they had a good finish and no problems) that Doug will be in the second 28 at Thompson. Doug's recent runs in the 77 and qualifying effort in the 46 at Stafford have done a lot to showcase his talent.

Doug will be in the car (numbered 88). Go get 'em Doug.

jfp711
10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Howie,
I have a call into Doug, Thanks for the update, I just think he would be an asset to any of the Modified touring series, Look at Pit-Gate I think he's done a great job, I applued David Hill for choosing Talent then $$$$$, look forward to seeing you & lawless @ the shoot-out

Goldy
10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I’m not really sure what has prompted folks to jump on the “Fuller is washed up” bandwagon? I like Coby, I’m a fan and he absolutely belongs on the tour – but Rick has just gotten back in the 77 – finished 8th behind Lia on Sunday – no it’s not a win, but respectable nonetheless…

The tour can’t be made up of all eager youngsters, full of talent, with wins and top finishes oozing out of their resume… Fuller is a top caliber driver with credentials to back it up. IMO he has nothing to prove and top finishes with the 77 are most probable – and wins are no more out of the question than Coby getting it done in any ride, including the 77 or 28..

But perhaps that’s the optimist in me..

… and Joe – you’re not pissing me off as long as you’re comfortable with the notion that – you’re better days are more than likely behind you as well - ya know what I'm sayin guy?...

jfp711
10-04-2007, 02:17 PM
There is no doubt that my better days are behind me, body aches,my brain thinks it canwork as it did when I was younger but body can't keep up for sure, but I'm not preventing somebody who is up & coming from a good opurtunity because of $$$. I've always liked Rick & still do great guy, my point is that $$$ should not always be a factor, and Doug has done a great job in a couple of different rides and he has to stand on the side line while guy who may run in the top 15 gets the nod because of $$$$. Man getting old Sucks lolololo, thanks for the reminder there Goldy

jfp711
10-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't think there is a bandwagon about Ricky being washed up, I don't see that anywhere on this board, I forgot to mention that.

Goldy
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Sometimes bringing money to the table gets you places – and you see that everywhere; not only do I understand your position here, I agree with it… but in this case, if money were not a factor – I’d be inclined to put Rick in the car based on his experience and record – and that’s no knock on Doug at all – just a personal preference.

Obviously you don't agree with that - and hey, that's what having opinions are all about..

ThE sHaDoW
10-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I spoke to Doug and he's excited about driving again for Don King.

If you're going to the Shootout you can look for Doug driving the DC Motorsports #10 in the Sk's.

jfp711
10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Goldy,
I can't agree with you more, you see it down here with the Trucks, BUSCH & Cup cars, kids geting a break for diffrent reasons which I will not get into, it just stinks that it has trickled down and has affected all forms of Motorsports. Just frustrating to see.Enjoy the replies that IS what I really enjoy, having an honest to good discussion, no foul no harm here Goldy.......