PDA

View Full Version : Mutha Laps?

RSP
10-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know how many laps the Mutha is going to be this year?

CJfilms
10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok, how many laps would you like to see the MUTHA?

I think that 200 for the 4's and 6/8's should be sufficient and 100 for the TRUX. Does that sound good? MVS is a circle, so we don't want anyone getting too dizzy!

Although, if it's more laps you would like to see, then why not? Vioce your opinions here...

On a side note...please keep in mind that the MUTHA event this season will be a lot of racing in ONE day now... There are heats, dash for cash top ten races....X00 Lappers... This will be a BIG OL DAY O' RACIN!!!! lol

Also, I am trying to come up with something to make the MUTHA more promising...lap sponsors? ...flip flopped finish for points/cash ...something to make winning the race important, but also placement important ...every car STILL RACING runs X00 laps, meaning the race doesn't end when 1st place hits 200...

I don't know yet....I have ideas, you guys and gals will make them the rules! Ok?

RSP
10-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Lots of laps doesn't bother me. I have the next day off from school so I'm seriously considering making the drive up from NC to attend the race. 200 seams like a pretty good number but I'm all for more if everyone else is up to it.

rpkulik
10-05-2007, 09:58 PM
200 sounds about right. For the 'Top 10' challenge, 2 laps per car and a reversed starting order seemed to work well before. I thought we were scrapping the heats when we switched over to the 1 day format; if so, I would like to see a reversed starting order for the Mutha as well. The Mutha is still double points, correct? Big money and double points are pretty good incentives.

EnduroFromDE
10-05-2007, 10:16 PM
200, or even 250 sounds good. A few races ago the 6/8 cyl race at MVS was over in about 20-25 mins, and that was the normal 100 laps, and an enduro that doesn't even last 1/2 hour is not much of an enduro.

NJ Chick
10-05-2007, 11:27 PM
The track is small, the racing is clean, there are hardly any reds thrown and the car count is down, that's why it's over quickly. Get a car ready and come and race, then we'll see what you have to say after 100 laps at MVS and how much of an enduro it was.:wave:

I think we should scrap the heats. 200 laps is plenty, otherwise you are going to have people puking in their helmets. :drool::p :D :lol:

EnduroFromDE
10-06-2007, 10:03 AM
I did race a non-stop 100 lap NEETS race at Mountain last year and finished 19 out of 64. It was tough, but is that NOT what enduro is supposed to be, ENDURANCE. How is a 20 min race ENDURANCE? Also, think of those fans sitting in the stands. I know it's only 8 bucks to get in, but if the fans know they are going to get to see a race that lasts 30 minutes, they might not want to make a trip to watch. I go there because I love racing and I used to race the enduro myself, not to mention I live 1 1/2 hours away. But others go just to get out for few hours and do something with their family on the weekend. I'm not trying to bash enduros or NEETS, but, with the car counts down and not a so called packed stands, I think it will be good to have a 200 or 250 lap race and give those fans way more than $8 worth of racing. Enduro series in the West had 300, 400, and 500 lap races on larger tracks than MVS. But 500 Laps at any track would probably be a little too much. And Cindy, I will not be at MVS next race, but after my last race at Bridgeport, which IS on the same day as the Frankenduro, I will be getting a car ready, hopefully in time for the Mutha, but differently for the Beaters in January. I was told by other drivers I race with now that MVS is tougher mentally and physically than Mountain. I'll find that out soon.

Hope to see ya soon...

rpkulik
10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
4cyl Mutha + 6/8 cyl Mutha + TRUX Mutha + 4 Top Ten + 6/8 Top Ten + TRUX Top Ten = 560 Laps of racing for 8 bucks

I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

CJfilms
10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Right you are Bob!!! 560 laps sure is enough to make me dizzy for the day!

Here is a suggestion I have received as well...again I am open to all sorts of ideas/discussion here.

Registration stays at $50...not the typical $100 for the MUTHA.
Laps, start at 200 + 1 lap for each car entered...capped at 250.
Purse: (Guaranteed)
1st $500
2nd $250
3rd $100
4th $100
5th $100
6th-10th $25

How does that sound? Again, these are only suggestions as of now...we will announce the running order/laps/reg. fee & purse setup at the Frankenduro...

If it were possible to lock in "LAP SPONSORS", that could add to the purse as well to be a drawing card...

Also, Steve, I understand what you are getting at, but the racing has been exceptionally clean and smooth for the most part. Therefore anywhere we race, if there are no reds and fast moving cars, the race will always end withing a set period of time...remember the first time the 4 cylinders went green-checkered? That race was action packed, but it was over fairly quickly as well.

Let's do the math, 100 laps X (the fastest car's lap time at MS) 19 seconds, = 1900 seconds (give or take..) / 60 seconds in a minute = 32 minutes.

Now, 100 laps X (Fastest car's lap time at MVS) 14 seconds = 1400 seconds / 60 seconds in a minute = 23 minutes.

So, unless we are to put a timed race in place, 100 laps green to checkered will always run within the bounds of the speedway. A 20 min race is not a true endurance race, but do the math in reverse, and an hour race would turn almost 260 laps at MVS. That's kind of pushing it...for every race that is.

Maybe for 2008 we can set a couple of races to be the one of either X00 laps or one hour? X00 laps assuming lots of reds...

enduroracer131
10-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Looks good, I like it.:cheers:

CJfilms
10-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Just to remind everyone...the next few days will be VERY hectic for myself and Erin. We have a wedding on Saturday, which I am doing the photography for, the rehearsal is tonight, which we need to be at, and then the race on Sunday....so...I will be unreachable beyond tonight...if you call and don't get an answer, I apologize...if it is important, call me back a few times and I will step out to take the call.

Also, the reminder is about the MUTHA race coming up...don't forget, we will be talking about it on Sunday...layout, registrations, purses... Bring your ideas! So, if I get caught up in the moment and forget where I am, someone throw a rock at Matt, he'll slap me and I'll remember what we need to talk about! ....Hey, I don't want to get hit by rocks! Plus, I know if I give everyone the chance, they'll never stop coming!!!!!:lol: