PDA

View Full Version : Mikey on the pole! @ DEGA

Rich Mergl
10-06-2007, 04:43 PM
5 Toyotas in the top 5. It was 7 but 2 were cut.
So Mikey makes the Shootout in 2008
SORRY Walter, If it doesn`t happen this year Gibbs racing will do it next year.

W. J.
10-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Not a problem, Rich. Obviously, toyota spent all their money developing a restrictor plate engine, which would explain their less than exemplary performance over all during the rest of the season. We shall see tomorrow how they do in the real racing.
So does this make Mikey ineligible for 2008 rookie of the year competition?:lol:

LongIslandJam
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Actually, take a look at the starting lineup... You'll notice something interesting...

Those starting up front, have been generally poor performers. It's possible that the CoT has leveled the playing field for aerodynamics (because with the templates, you can't really do much "tinkering"). Aerodynamics generally separates the men from the boys at tracks like this (i.e big bucks vs. little bucks).

Ford really struggled in qualifying. Another interesting thing...

BOWATCHER
10-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Key word {Impound Race} just wait till about lap 20 or so when all that lightweight stuff starts coming apart. Top 35 don't need to qualify fast. All these teams did was prepare in race trim.

LongIslandJam
10-06-2007, 08:20 PM
We'll see... You may be right...

randomrodder
10-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Good to see Mikey on the pole but time will tell. Mostly backmarkers starting upfront, new twist. Will we see the big one in the first 15 laps or the last?

SuperShafts
10-06-2007, 10:37 PM
IM going with aero....those motors are all the same

J.D.
10-07-2007, 10:55 AM
If this keeps this up, Nascar is going to be nothing but Spec Racing. They are making it so these guys cant do anything to the cars.

randomrodder
10-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Moving billboards. half the field doesn't get airtime unless their car is involved in an accident. Accidents pay off for advertisers.

Jaws
10-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Key word {Impound Race} just wait till about lap 20 or so when all that lightweight stuff starts coming apart. Top 35 don't need to qualify fast. All these teams did was prepare in race trim.

Actually what they said this morning is, They will need to make early pitstops to shut off, remove, adjust etc all the qualifying things they do as they were not top 35 teams and have to qualify in true qual trim.

The top 35 teams are already in race trim.

Good luck Mikey!

W. J.
10-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Good to see Mikey on the pole but time will tell. Mostly backmarkers starting upfront, new twist. Will we see the big one in the first 15 laps or the last?
Will we even see it live? It will probably happpen during one of the (it seems) 300+ commercials.
Only asset to the commercials- it shuts Rusty and Andy up!

W. J.
10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm going with aero....those motors are all the same

Quite the opposite is true. The motor may be the last place any innovation can still take place.

Mortgage Guy
10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Congrats to Dave Blaney & Tommy Baldwin for the 3rd place finish they had in "qualifying trim". Keep up the good work and stay in the top 35 in points.

art11758
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Will we even see it live? It will probably happpen during one of the (it seems) 300+ commercials.
Only asset to the commercials- it shuts Rusty and Andy up!

I solved that problem with the "mute" button on the remote for the three, yes that's right three, laps I watched before turning it off. And if I wasn't on hold on the telephone I wouldn't have even thought to look and see if the race was over.

SuperShafts
10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Quite the opposite is true. The motor may be the last place any innovation can still take place.

I don't know i seen a few of them things apart..other then who has siam exh and who doesn't, valve layout,design, angles, they don't have any differences..bolt pattern may be the only one, and who does and doesn't go thru the port with a head bolt.

If it's not in a car you can buy or in there line up it shouldn't be in there...nascar has some confusion with things...it's like they want some F-1 style stuff that you can't buy anywhere, and then they do want some stuff you can get everywhere