PDA

View Full Version : North South Shootout

Camper Lady
10-07-2007, 12:58 PM
:wave: Who is planning on going to the North South Shootout and who is driving what car and for whom

Tooner
10-07-2007, 01:35 PM
I'll be there with my cousins, we sit just past the overhang towards turn one (near the beer stand) :) Maybe we can plan a meet and greet with everyone here that is going?

The JBIII - NSS website is here: http://www.ccracingsouvenirs.com/nss/

Look under Events info on the menu near the top for driver entry lists.

Mike

Rabbit504
10-07-2007, 08:53 PM
James Civali is on the entry list in the King Racing 28
:cheers:

Hillbilly79
10-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Camper Lady this is some of the Drivers.
Northern Southern
#06 Les Hinckley
Windsor Locks, CT #4 Jason Myers
Walnut Cove , NC
#06 Billy Pauch
Frenchtown, NJ #5 Randy Butner
Pfafftown, NC
#09 Bobby Grigas III
Marshfield, Ma #17 Jim Willis
Holly Spring, NC
#3 Bobby Santos III
Franklin, MA #23 Brian Loftin
Lexington, NC
#3 Daren Scherer
Binghamton, NY #31 Gene Pack
Myrtle Beach, SC
#5 Charlie Pasteryak
Lisbon, CT #64 John Manno
Sherrills Ford, NC
#22 Chuck Hossfeld
Ransomville, NY #81 Brian Pack
Walkertown,NC
#26 Joey Logano
Hunterville, NC #83 Tim Brown
Cana, VA
#28 James Civali
Meriden, CT

#40 Ryan Preece
Kensington, CT

#44 Rick Kluth
Brockport, NY

#45 Erick Rudolph
Ransomville, NY

#48 Tony Hirschman
Northampton, PA

# 60 Matt Hirschman
Northampton, PA

#66 Pete Brittain
Oakhurst, NJ

#70 Andy Suess
Hampstead, NH

#75 Carl Pasterak
Lisbon, CT

#79 Woody Pitkat
Stafford, CT

#99 Jamie Tomaino
Howell, NJ

Camper Lady
10-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the list. I hear the race will be callled the John Blewett North South Shootout. This is a good think as John was a big supporter of the race

RGeeProductions
10-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the list. I hear the race will be callled the John Blewett North South Shootout. This is a good think as John was a big supporter of the race

Story here. (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2007/news/news092907.htm)

smitty240
10-27-2007, 07:23 PM
We're coming down Friday morning. We'll camp along the woods behind the cell tower. :wave:

MOD JUNKIE
10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I,ll be there, don,t know many of you but it would be good to meet some of the group. Will be in the pits thur.,fri.,sat. first turn sat. race time. Just pop me on the shoulder and say howdy, six foot tall great looking guy[ LOL,S] I have a full head of hair when my hat is on [washed nyy or gray uncc hat].Have a safe trip. == Brian,

KyleMac45
10-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I'll be there leaving wed. night...

Kyle McGowan

Tooner
10-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Just so people camping at the JBIII/NSS know, we are in a stage 3 drought down here in Southwest NC. So please bring water if you need it, I do not know how much will be available at the track, and right now you can only water or wash a car once a week. We just had 3 days of rain, but it didn't amount to much, all the boat ramps were just closed Friday because the lake and rivers have gone down so much.

Just wanted to give people a heads up before coming down for the race.

W. J.
10-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Tooner, another thing they need to think about is campfires. Is it okay to build one in a container or are there restrictions beyond that, allowing for none at all? :confused:

realist
10-28-2007, 11:09 AM
leaving wed. am. i'll be in the pits(working on a car) and in the vip(wife) section all 3 days

Tooner
10-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Tooner, another thing they need to think about is campfires. Is it okay to build one in a container or are there restrictions beyond that, allowing for none at all? :confused:

Thanks, I forgot about that, there is a restriction, at least were I live, on Charcoal grills and wood fires/smokers. Only gas grills are allowed to be used here in Mooresville. Concord is only 1/2 hour south, but it is a different county. You should probably contact the track there or check the local charlotte paper, The Charlotte Observer. www.charlotte.com.

Mike

Chris
10-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm leaving New York Wed. morning with my group. Everyone have a safe trip. See you at the track.

Howie
10-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Anyone interested in an "official" gathering? If so, how about around noon Saturday (during the pit party) near the pit wall (not near the gate), near the S/F line or in the area of one particular car?

Tooner
10-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Anyone interested in an "official" gathering? If so, how about around noon Saturday (during the pit party) near the S/F line or in the area of one particular car?

I'm in. Just let me know where.

W. J.
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Just gather around all the Chrome Horn and Long Island Jam hats, shirts, etc. (hope it's that warm) on the pit wall side of the S/F line, and we'll all get to meet and greet.

KyleMac45
10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
I am in for a group gathering...

Kyle

gomodsgo
10-28-2007, 09:54 PM
now that I have fully recovered from the pm busting......

Here's the trip of the group.... are we giving out most miles traveled awards at the tch gathering?

Leaving Claremont NH on Thursday...... meeting groundpounder in Binghamton NY, dropping 1 rig off and then headed to NC. Should be there some time Friday... so if you could keep the noise to a dull modified roar while we catch up on some sleep from the all night drive, I'd appreciate it. LOL

tch gathering sounds good to me......

ps - hi howie! :applause:

gomodsgo
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Weather for the weekend:

Thu
Nov 01 Mostly Sunny 77°/48°

Fri
Nov 02 Partly Cloudy 67°/43°

Sat
Nov 03 Mostly Sunny 69°/43°

Sun
Nov 04 Partly Cloudy 73°/38°

W. J.
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
It's those low end temperatures that we all need to be prepared for. The track area is pretty open, and the wind will make those lower temperatures feel colder than they are. In the three years I've been going there, it's always been my habit to prepare for warm days, and VERY cold evenings. So far, I've haven't been wrong. Bring gloves, bring a Winter weight coat, and wear a hat, along with other warm clothing. Your shorts should be packed away by now anyway, LOL!

ThE sHaDoW
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
the winter weather warning is no joke, it gets friggin cold there when the sun sets.

Tooner
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM
It's an afternoon race this year, but Friday night might be cooler, colder, etc...

gomodsgo
10-29-2007, 08:20 PM
ok... is it New Hampshire cold??? or like NC cold??? I mean winter coats and gloves and hats and propane heaters... or just a 3 season jacket????

LOL sorry... but I just want to make sure I bring enough clothes.....

Howie
10-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Last year it was, if I remember right 28 degrees when we left the track Saturday night (per a sign at a bank), with a breeze, it was NH cold. It was cold enough Friday we went looking for winter clothes Sat AM. You CAN NOT find WINTER clothes in NC. I finally found a fleece jacket, which added to everything else I had, I was fairly warm. Bring plenty of WARM clothes - better to have them and not needed them. Especially for the people driving, toss an extra layer in the vehicle. (Now if i'll only follow my own advice :lol: )

Tooner
10-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Last year it was, if I remember right 28 degrees when we left the track Saturday night (per a sign at a bank), with a breeze, it was NH cold. It was cold enough Friday we went looking for winter clothes Sat AM. You CAN NOT find WINTER clothes in NC. I finally found a fleece jacket, which added to everything else I had, I was fairly warm. Bring plenty of WARM clothes - better to have them and not needed them. Especially for the people driving, toss an extra layer in the vehicle. (Now if i'll only follow my own advice :lol: )

Yes, last year's NSS I think it was the coldest night we had all winter here. It's not that cold now. T-shirts during the day, sweatshirt and/or jacket in the evening.

Anyone who has been to New Smyrna in Feb. will know how to dress, like Howie said, layers.

gomodsgo
10-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Just a reminder to everyone...... Saturday NIGHT is day light saving time.

Turn your clocks BACK 1 hour... so, you get an extra hour's sleep that night.

W. J.
10-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Not to be picky, but the turning back of the time is officially 2AM on Sunday, for those who get easily confused. Just don't want to see anyone show up at the track an hour late on Saturday, LOL!

Howie
10-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Not to be picky either, but she did say Saturday night, which turns into Sunday morning. If she meant Saturday morning it would say Friday night, right?

I'm not touching my clock. I'll drop Fran off at the airport an hour early, and later in the day when I cross into Alabama from Georgia, I'll be 2 hours ahead of myself!! :applause:

gomodsgo
10-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Not to be picky, but the turning back of the time is officially 2AM on Sunday, for those who get easily confused. Just don't want to see anyone show up at the track an hour late on Saturday, LOL!

yeah.... same differnece...... it's Saturday night.

you say tomato.... I say tomAto. (ok, that doesn't come out right typing) but you get my point.

W. J.
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Sorry, no offense meant, just wanted to clarify for those who get confused (I've met a few) so that no one gets to this great race at the wrong time.

Tooner
10-30-2007, 01:40 PM
What's a clock???????

:cheers:

ThE sHaDoW
10-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm not touching my clock. I'll drop Fran off at the airport an hour early, and later in the day when I cross into Alabama from Georgia, I'll be 2 hours ahead of myself!! :applause:

but sir, you'll be two hours ahead in the wrong direction?:confused: :help:

Howie
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh! Well then..... I'll just keep going until I get to Mississippi for Mary's niece's wedding the following weekend. That'll work out good. And...since I'm retired, and like Mike says, "what's a clock", who knows where we'll go after that. BTW..at the track I've heard them say "he's on the clock", so they must have them there.

Tooner
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I knew you'd get that Howie.

Only clock I have is my stopwatch, which is a crew chiefs watch, so of course it is 2 tenths faster then the track timing. Only ones faster are Owners stopwatchs, which the late Tom Baldwin showed me are 4 tenths faster :p

gomodsgo
10-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I knew you'd get that Howie.

Only clock I have is my stopwatch, which is a crew chiefs watch, so of course it is 2 tenths faster then the track timing. Only ones faster are Owners stopwatchs, which the late Tom Baldwin showed me are 4 tenths faster :p

hum... I have a rumor mill watch.... I've been told it's like 5 - 8 tenths faster... depending on how many "soda's" I've had that day. LOL

I'll have my cell phone... that automatically updates... I'll be good.

hollywoodmic
10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Tooner have you ever been to New Smynra??

They used to have the board with the track records on it and it listed all the records, even the Modified record (not Tom Baldwin), underneath it they had a time about 4 tenths faster (then the actual record) it said Tom Baldwin - 18.???? timed with Long Island Stopwatch. Funny stuff.
I also announced at RIR one year and I had him on my stopwatch around 3rd fastest. He called the press box and said, "could you give me a few tenths and make me faster, I am sponsored by this place and it'll look good for me." He had some priceless lines over the years.

Tooner
10-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Tooner have you ever been to New Smynra??

They used to have the board with the track records on it and it listed all the records, even the Modified record (not Tom Baldwin), underneath it they had a time about 4 tenths faster (then the actual record) it said Tom Baldwin - 18.???? timed with Long Island Stopwatch. Funny stuff.
I also announced at RIR one year and I had him on my stopwatch around 3rd fastest. He called the press box and said, "could you give me a few tenths and make me faster, I am sponsored by this place and it'll look good for me." He had some priceless lines over the years.

Hahahah, that sounds like him. Yes, started going to New Smyrna in the late 70's, early 80's. Have not been there since 2001 I think was the last time I went.

Best story TB ever told us was the night that he was so fast at Riverhead in practice that they cancelled the races because "they said" it looked like it might rain, hahah. He was one of a kind.