PDA

View Full Version : Single File Restarts Ruined The Racing @ Mountain!

modman53
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
SURE, the pack the track day was a success, BUT, the one, same thing I heard OVER and OVER was about how the single file re-starts ruined the day of racing, AND it DID! C'mon guys, Mountain Speedway has 2 or 3 grooves of racing on it, and if you're starting 20th in the feature, you're in row 10. Now if there is a caution on lap (1), your restarting in the "20th" row, so to speak. This makes the racing just as, if not more boring, than a 410 sprint car train race. I think you might have impressed more fans if you started and restarted races double file, all the way to at least half way in the features, and all the way in the heats. Let's get RACING popular again, and make it the way it SHOULD BE! GET RID OF THE SINGLE FILE RESTARTS, NOW!, before you drive ALL of the fans away.

QUINNY34
10-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I had five crew members and seven people in the stands that were disappointed. I understand that it does get time consuming, but after the first green, single file, come on? The whole Mod feature was follow the leader. I feel it would just make racing at Mountain a lot more interesting. I will also say that it seemed to be a well managed track and I'm sure that management will listen to the fans and the racers.

Modifiedthunder
10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
To the track management TRUST ME if you keep up with running your race track using single file re-starts like you did yesterday you WILL drive fans away! I'm a fan there all most every week and we do not want to see a follow the leader train race and that's what we saw yesterday because of your single file restarts. You had a nice crowd yesterday but what I was hearing in the stands from many new faces that they will not be back there because of this, I talked to many new fans and they could not believe how Mountain handles there re-starts?????
I don't want to see a crash fest but come on you have to have side by side re-starts until late in the features!!I will be back next year but if this keeps up I and I'm sure others will be GONE so it up to you next year we will see??

modman53
10-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Rumors have it that Mountain Speedway will be the ONLY game in town come 2008, so I'm sure this will bring more cars and more fans to the track, which is a VERY racey track, but as previously stated, keep up the single file restarts, and we will all be going somewhere else. NY, NJ, CT, whatever, because we dont want to watch a frieght train week in and week out! Listen up now Mountain Speedway, before its too late!

nymods
10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
The racing this past week was the worst of the year. The number 1 reason being, no syrup. There wasn't much grip out there. The other is that the fastest cars were already up front. Usually with the handicapping and the outside groove, there is passing every week. Zane, Rusty, Brian, etc. all have to come from the back to the front weekly and usually do it on the outside. I know this week was awful Mike, but give it a chance. The track is actually better than what was shown on Sunday. Congrats on the win Saturday.

gripz
10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I've been at the Mountain for a lot of years and there used to be double file starts, but due to the fact certain drivers wanted to win the race on the first lap, there were so many restarts, and I mean a lot, I think that they changed it for that reason.