PDA

View Full Version : Bringing along John.

Teds Race Tours
10-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Over the weekend, JBax and I went up to our favorite dude ranch. They have Horseback riding for Jennifer and Quads for me. I love riding quads. As I got dressed Sunday morning, I saw my John Blewett III Memorial shirt. The picture on the front is such a good picture of John, he looked so happy "looking back at me",that well, I just thought he'd like to go quading with me. So on with the shirt and off to the quads. I had a great ride "with John" and I thought what a great way to keep John alive with our thoughts. Take your shirt with whenever you go somewhere cool. On a cruise, Quad riding, skiing, whatever it is that you enjoy, "Bring along John" and keep his shirt eternally smiling. Share any stories you have with the shirt here as a reminder of what he meant to each one of us. We miss you John.

Linda
10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
That was a heartfelt story that hopefully will bring some stories to this thread. My daughter, "Brit the Brat" as we refer her to, wore her JBIII memorial shirt to school for "Sports Day" the very next day we got them from Linda & Norm. She said some kids would come up to her and ask her about her shirt and she would explain the circumstances in which John died. Brittany is an avid WMT fan...as Howie knows..and a Blewett fan, and his death definately affected her, as did the rest of the racing community. She just finished a leather belt she made in either her art or jewelry class that has "RIP JBIII" engraved in it. I agree, let's keep John in our thoughts by wearing the t-shirt.

KyleMac45
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I wore my t-shirt to Wall Speedway Johns home town track.... and I looked in the mirror and I saw that very smile... every body commented on it... it felt great to have him back at the track... RIP JBIII

Kyle

gomodsgo
10-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I saw John a bunch at Thompson this weekend...... but I wonder....... did John go fire hopping with anyone??? or to the Club house??? Come on folks, if we are going to have this thread here.... lets hear where you took John.

Linda
10-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Brittany wore her t-shirt Sunday at Thompson. And if you were in the stands by the start/finish line you saw both my girls stand up for the entire lap 66. I am sure a few people behind were not happy, but no one said anything to them.

KyleMac45
10-17-2007, 08:12 PM
The first thing I did when Jimmy won was thank John for pushing him, and was jumping and running joy... I thnk JB III was in the spirits of everybody... every now and then I would look down at my JB III shirt and see that big smile... Bobby Santos III actually said that I look like a Blewett (No joke) and that was the third person that said that to me...

Kyle McGowan- Biggest JB III fan ever aka Kyle Blewett

phillie
10-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I took John to Seekonk for Modified Mania and to Asheville, North Carolina.

Axel
10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
I took John to a long overdue vacation in Dewey Beach Delaware last week. My wife also brought her shirt (both of which were graciously given from the Precision Auto ---thanks Linda and Norm!)

Although the Delaware seashore is hardly modified country, I did get one acknowledgement. We were in a restaurant in Ocean City MD and some said as I passed them, "He was a helluva racer..."

I am glad that happened. This year in modified racing has really bummed me out.