PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Santos Win WMT 150 at Thompson

CTScribe
10-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Bobby Santos Win WMT 150 at Thompson

raceaddict24
10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Awesome run by Santos and the Boehler gang, that car was perfect all day long.....way to go Bobby!!!!

phillie
10-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Bobby killed today! Way to go Kid!!!

stefanikfan
10-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, way to Bobby....How sweet is it to get your first victory at a speedway that you love so well!

Bobby definately had one of the most, if not the most dominant cars through out the race.

Kudos to him and the whole Boehler bunch, well deserved win!!

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan:cheers:

Goldy
10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
…and back to the real story – Santos.. a hearty congratulations is in order on his first WMT win.

I met Bobby at the Sizzler while catching up with Bones – he was asking young Bobby about his previous nights adventures in a sprint car somewhere - talk about a down to earth guy, approachable (reminds me of Hossfeld or Beers) – right up my alley in the “someone to pull for dept”. I plan on rooting for Santos for years to come wherever he goes. I selfishly would love Santos to stick around in a mod but I, like everyone else knows he’ll be elsewhere, on to bigger things (I leave better out because is there really anything better than racing a Modified?, I think not)..

By all accounts that #3 car was on rails (I wasn’t there) – but at Thompson and I suppose anywhere really, it’s fun to see a car, team and driver really do their homework and execute well. I’m thrilled the BRE team was able to race this year, celebrating their 50th year (which is friggin amazing) – they came out with a special white car – which is really quite a statement considering these #3 Boehler cars haven’t changed much if at all in appearance over the years. The #3 machines are bare bones, somewhat odd looking designs, all their own - black rims, chrome-less, with no excuses. The car and teams individuality is something to behold in this day and age. You’re better than average Mod fan wouldn’t be able to tell this years car from the one 15 years ago and I think that’s pretty neat..

That car is fast and the motor stout – driver 3 is a tremendous talent with all the goods, desire and personality to achieve (more) great things.. I really hope Santos and team Boelher race again in 2008 – they really belong together..

I asked this a year or two ago – but – where the hell can I get me a Santos tee shirt?