PDA

View Full Version : A message from NEETS...

CJfilms
10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey everyone, just stopping by to say hi and remind everyone that this Sunday will be the 7th NEETS event in 2007...the Infamous Frankenduro!!!

I'm glad to see a lot of Long Island drivers are already registered for this event, we appreciate the support you guys are giving us coming from so far away to race with us! Remember the good ol' days!!! We need the family back together and we can't do it with out you all!!! I can't thank you enough for coming out and racing with us! But I will try!!! I hope to see you all again soon enough!!

But anyways, hows about some event info...

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!

Pits open at 10:30 - $25
Grandstands only $8 !!
Racing starts at 2PM

The 6/8 cyls will go a distance of 131 laps, the "UNIQUE GOLF" 4 cyls will race in a 100 lap event. PLUS the "CUSTOM CLASSIC TRUX" will show a 50 lap event. The (Free to enter!) Witch's Brew Ladies race will wrap up the day in a 31 lap event...more info here!
http://www.neetsracing.com/events/10-21-07info.htm

Trophies awarded to top 5 in all divisions and,
Witch's Brew Race winner will receive a Customized Trophy at the MUTHA event in November.

Come on out and dress up for Halloween...YOUR CAR TOO!!!
Best Decorated Car Awards / All 3 divisions
That's right, you can decorate your car for the race any 'witch' way you feel like!!!
Plus there will be candy and goodie bags for all the boys and ghouls given away by "Endura" the Halloween Fairy, she'll be in both grandstands and the pits!!!

Lillie Rose Spencer, daughter of Mark Spencer driver of the NEETS #124 big car, will be making her first appearance as Little Miss NEETS...more info here!
http://www.neetsracing.com/links/littlemissneets.htm

Grandstand admission is only $8...$8 for over 300 Laps of Enduro Racing!!! Sunday weather looks like 72 and sunny(beautiful day for racing), but even if that changes, it's ok, we run RAIN OR SHINE!!! ...just remember to bring your umbrellas, just in case!

So come on out and bring your halloween spirit, come dressed up or wear your everyday mask, just kidding! :P

Who knows what our officials will be wearing? They may even be in disguise!

For more info, log on to www.neetsracing.com or send me an email, joe@neetsracing.com. Need a break from the computer, call my cell, 267-767-4923!

See you all there!
Joe

racenut38
10-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi joe I might come. Any chance in geting some practice laps for everybody.Maybe 5 or 10 cars at a time 10 lap intervails.it would be good for setups I hope to see you there. :cheers:

CJfilms
10-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Well...that is on a 'we'll see basis'.

Last time I asked Gena for some practice time, she said no problem...we ran for about an hour, 12-1pm, until she came running over to us...apparently, everyone has their limits, MVS is not allowed to have cars on the track before 1pm. So, it makes it a little hard to get practice time in, have the driver's meeting, and get the show moving by 2pm as planned...especially when a LOT of people roll in AFTER 12!!! Not mentioning anyone in particular....just a lot of racers ran late last race and it caused a bit of confusion and hassle with the transponders/registration/line-ups...

We'll try to get things moving a little earlier for the Mutha race, maybe we can have a 1-2pm practice and the drivers meeting BEFORE everything starts...we just need everyone to be there early that day...I'll be talking more about it this Sunday at the driver's meeting. Note to self...LOL!!!:lol:

Here's a suggestion for the next event...driver's meeting at 12:30, 1pm practice for CLASS A for 1/2 hour, 1:30pm CLASS B practice, 2pm CLASS A Line-up....and so forth...

Would a half hour of practice be enough time to debug? Which ever division would run first for the day would get the least amount of time to fix things...given they have only a half hour after their practice before line-up...on a further note...4 Cylinders will be racing FIRST at the MUTHA!!!

Lad3der
10-17-2007, 10:24 PM
It's an enduro, no need for practice. The reason we gave practice at the last race was to let the female drivers of the tag team femduro get used to the cars. SO IN MY OPINION NO PRACTICE

CJfilms
10-18-2007, 08:08 AM
You have a point there Matt...

A test and tune followed by a party was, more or less, a freindly gathering. It didn't change any of the details that make an enduro 'enduro racing'. Having warm up laps, practice time, heats, whatever, suggests a full blown racing series...as in one that takes more money and dedication to your car and usually requires sponsors for racers to stay afloat. Keeping things as an enduro series means no practice...it's not a rule, just state of mind...I guess you could call it that?

I personally don't mind seeing a new driver take a few warm up laps, but the seasoned vets should know by now that the game is about endurance...luck...and THEN skill. First, build/get a car you know will last the 100 laps, tweak it if it needs some work to run that long. Second, worry about your luck factor for the day, even the most skilled drivers out there have no chance when something flukey (?) happens and there is no time to react or place to go. Third, the more you race, the better you will be. Take a look at these two drivers...

Uncle Petey...Lots of skill, his cars last through the race, has the worst luck...Poor Petey has gotten trapped in so many wrecks that come out of nowhere and take him out of the running/race. Skill and experience is a major factor, but luck on the track is key! Petey has been racing enduros for many years, he has more experience than most other drivers, not just NEETS drivers.

Now look at Joe Jentile...Lots of skill, his cars last through the race, has much better luck than Petey! Joe keeps out of trouble, therefore, he has the opportunity to get laps ahead of the field race after race. His times are not the fastest either, he does not have the strongest motor. His luck has played WITH him on the track though. Most of the wrecks/incidents happen away or behind Joe. Some have happened right in front of him, and he has been involved in a few as well. Joe blew a motor the first race this season, no way to predict that happening... But when Joe's luck turned, he ended up winning races again. Skill and experience are enhanced when you have luck behind you. When Joe's luck is right, good luck trying to catch him!

I believe that all the drivers out there have the capability to win any race they are in, they just need to believe in themselves first and do their homework at home! I knew a driver who used to take his enduro car down to the track almost every weekend, just to practice...he turned out to be our 4 cylinder champ last season...

richardpetey
10-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey! How about giving one "ENDURO MULLIGAN" a race, hehe?...........................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

nobandwagonhere
10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey Matt.....I have a question? Can we get a practice? :applause: :lol:
I think I'm coming up there Sunday....so I'll see ya there?
Later.

W. J.
10-18-2007, 08:05 PM
About Petey's 'luck': I think someone in tech should check Petey's cars for MAGNETS, LOL. :lol:

CJfilms
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
We'll get right on it! I'll make sure we check to see what Petey has ... stuck to his car ...

Oh boy!

CJfilms
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
FYI:

If you are planning to register for this event via EMAIL, please do so before 3:30 PM today!!! Both Erin and I have a wedding Saturday and rehearsal dinner tonight. We will both be offline after 3:30.

You CAN STILL CALL IN a registration however, if I do not answer, leave a message with your name, car #, and division. My number is at the bottom of the post!

Thanks!