PDA

View Full Version : RR Banquet

CIN
10-18-2007, 11:44 AM
FYI
Received word from the Riverhead office that only the Champions in each Enduro division will be honored with a trophy at the banquet Nov 3rd.
Time and Space.

I am trying to come up with an idea to get trophies to the others that were originally promised; which was Top 5 in Grands and Top 3 in 8, 6, 4 and the Trucks....

Give me a little time and I will try to figure something out.

Sorry guys....

CIN

nobandwagonhere
10-18-2007, 07:01 PM
:mad: :mad: First off, Cindy you shouldn't have to apologize and it shouldn't have to be your responsibility to "figure something out". You have done so much for us that the burden should not fall on you.

Bottom line...RIVERHEAD RACEWAY STINKS!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
The Cromarty's Stink!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is just yet another case of the Cromarty's "Hazzard County Raceway".
How many times in one Lifetime can the Cromartyts yank the rug out from under everyone?

This is my first time EVER going to a RR Banquet. We purchased 20 tickets...$800.00 worth of tickets! For the sole purpose of getting a Grand Enduro Trophy presented to me for the first time. I worked my a$$ off aiming for a goal, achieving that goal, for what? To get it yanked, or better yet shoved? Why bother? So if this is the case, one way or another we WILL get our $$$ back.

If it stays this way, we will be selling tickets. Face value. OR I'll just give them to a select "20 people I know outside of RR" and turn them loose. The cost of cleaning that place up will far exceed the $800.00.
Sorry for the anger, but I am SO tired of the bulls--t that surrounds this track.

The Cromartys think, or better yet, know that RR is the only game in town. "Support your local track". Well there's a million other tracks in the world. I'd rather travel and starve and spend every dime I own then come to Riverhead and get robbed, put down, humilated, and plain out f---ed. They needle up every single price on every single thing there and take full advantage of the fact that RR IS the only game in town. Well to HELL with RR.
Time and space my ***. Just the Cromarty's at their finest. They want your money at the gate and f--- you in the end.
Just like the R.O.T.Y in the BB. The track wouldn't support it because they werent getting any $$$ off of it. Well, I'll have you know, there were lots of fans that were following that week after week which generates...guess what?..$$$. Admission fee, food, programs.

The Cromarty's should have just sold the track.....so as to spare the humiliation that just gets passed out by them year after year..:mad: :mad: :mad:

This just sucks.

PS: sorry W.J., I know your going to have my head for this one and rightly so. But I am so disappointed, upset...I can't even describe it.

ray fitzgerald
10-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Rodney Dangerfield said it best. Cindy you don't have to figure anything out. If anything we owe you for everything you have done for us!:angel:
So from me and everybody else who run the enduros THANK YOU.

nobandwagonhere
10-18-2007, 10:02 PM
:applause: Ditto.:applause:

Bobby Pease
10-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Holy cow... first of all Cin, Ray and Donny said it perfectly, you owe nobody an apology, we all thank you from the bottom of our hearts...
2nd...If this is the case with the "TIME & SPACE" B-S..then we don't even need to go.. Let's just all meet at your shop, and have a good time on our own.. I actually was writing the check last night when I read this post. Needless to say, it's sitting on my counter. Donny, try to get your $$ back brother, I know what you're saying, and I saw your original post, well said! Let's get some communication going and let's decide what we are going to do here....Heck, I say we take over the bar at Fridays!! :cheers:

BOBBY PEASE

vsmidge68
10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I just got off the phone with the raceway office and they will be honoring the top 3 enduro guys in each division @ the banquet. We can thank the fast talking PR guy ...........:wave:

CIN
10-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks Vicki, You beat me to the post. Had a crisis at home....

Yes, Thank You Bob Finan for working on this, Thank You to the Cromarty's, Thank you to all others

Top 3 in each enduro division will be honored before the Parade of Champions for the Saturday night division. Trophies will be sponsored by Constant Performance.

So Send in for your tickets and see you there.

CIN

tstiles
10-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I could not have said it better Ray! You are a very great lady Cin, thanks.
Rodney Dangerfield said it best. Cindy you don't have to figure anything out. If anything we owe you for everything you have done for us!:angel:
So from me and everybody else who run the enduros THANK YOU.

Golf Guy
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Not to pick a fight here, but how about a THANK YOU to the Cormarty's for everything they do. You have your top 3 awards and you had the time to write a rather nasty post and now you have your way? How about the Riverhead Raceway/Cromarty bashing end here and we all as racers/fans/sponsor/owners decide to make things better on our own. We can start by acting like adults and stop all the bickering, fighting and name calling at the track and here on the JAM. It's getting old and tiresome....

RGeeProductions
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing Jim, when they announced the Top 3 thing above.

CIN
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Golf Guy & ReGee....

Excuse me, but I did Thank the Cromarty's along with Bob Finan.

CIN

Golf Guy
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Cindy this post was not directed towards you as you did not pile on the Cromaty's and RH Raceway. I respect and love all you do for enduro racing and just racing in general. I think if more people would take your attitude and enthusiasm towards this sport things for everone would be better.

CIN
10-21-2007, 10:23 PM
While I am at it I would also like to Thank Billy D. for working too on this last year to get the Enduros recognized and Elaine and Chrissy for their work on the score cards and points for the enduros; I know that was no easy task.

Maybe next year we can all get together and work for more.

nobandwagonhere
10-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Well...I believe nothing further was said once it was all straightened out. Which, by the way, was done after SEVERAL phone calls, long talks and a BIG help from Bob Finan, Cindy Johnson and Vicki Curtis. I don't remember posting again after that...did I? I'm not going for an Anti-Cromarty debate here, I said how I felt and left it at that. No one is blind here. We were promised something, and at the last minute after most tickets were already bought, had it yanked out from under us. Do you think it's the first time? NOOOOOOOO. How would you feel? I grew up at this track. I've supported this track for years. And I've gotten it spit back at me several times. I'm glad they made right on the situation, yes. "We got our way". It is appreciated, believe me. I have family coming to this banquet and I didn't have the heart to tell them not to come. So they don't even know. But we were taken for granted. What's done is done, and it was left at that. There's a lot more to the story that doesn't need to be gone into right now.
So before you dive into a situation head first, find out what's going on. It happened, feelings were hurt, hurt was expressed, situation was fixed. I'm pretty sure it ended there. But thanks for your concern.:wave:

vsmidge68
10-22-2007, 07:57 AM
How about the Riverhead Raceway/Cromarty bashing end here and we all as racers/fans/sponsor/owners decide to make things better on our own. We can start by acting like adults and stop all the bickering, fighting and name calling at the track and here on the JAM. It's getting old and tiresome....

This from the guy who sponsors the driver that called a 16 yr. old girl and a lady the "c" word cuz he didn't get most popular.
I suppose giving back my $780.00 for tickets was a little push towards it too. I think we should end this now....W.J.???

W. J.
10-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I think this is done. The point has been made, and the subject covered enough.