PDA

View Full Version : Results from 10/20/07

The Frog Lady
10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Here are the results from today's great events!

NELMA Late Model Feature:
1 – Tommy Spencer Jr.
2 – Earl Paules
3 – Jim Wismer
4 – Lorin Arthofer
5 – Joe Hoffman
6 – Tony Volpe
7 – Kevin Metzger
8 – Dave Brigati
9 – Roger Maynor
10 – Todd Geist
11 – Gerry Brighthaupt
12 – Ginny Quinones
13 – Mike Coll
14 – Buzzy Eriksen
15 – Zane Zeiner
16 – Todd Stehle
17 – Bill Catania
18 – Dave Macomber
19 – Joe Berretta
20 – Keith Rotzi
21 – Kyle Harvell
22 – Joe Schneider
23 – Joe Kehrli
24 – Mike Ames
DNS – 47 – Brian Bowan
DNS – 25 – Chris Kemmerer
DNS – 70 – Ed Walczyk
DQ - 19 - Larry Fisher

Street Stock Showdown:
1 – Ricky Ross Jr.
2 – Jim Yamelski
3 – Rich DiMarco
4 – Bill Hunara
5 – Jerry Stazione
6 – Alan Schlenker
7 – Bob Applegate
8 – Scott Meckes
9 – Jimmy White Jr.
10 – Chip Wanamaker
11 – Jamie Smith
12 – Bill Vanderveen
13 – Tony Manganello
14 – Frank Reakes
15 – Brad Kline
16 – Shawn Sitarchyk
17 – John Stonier
18 – Brian DeFebo
19 – Rodney Gruber
DNS – 13 - CJ Lehmann
DNS – Jerry Hildebrand
DQ – 50x - Mike Nichols
DQ – 42 - Jennifer Kutz

Super Pro Trucks Feature:
1 – Frank Dumicich Jr.
2 – Michael Bologna
3 – Danny Grennan
4 – Erin Dumicich
5 – Michael Albasini
6 – Frank Dumicich Sr.
7 – Anthony Vecchio
8 – PJ Vecchio
9 – Matt Odwazny
10 – Jeff Zalutko
11 – Anthony Daleo
DNS – 3 - Peter Rotzi

:applause: Congratulations to all our winners! :applause:

~Ginger ;)

nflobster
10-21-2007, 02:18 PM
i heard there was a problem with his engine? just wondering what the outcome was.

gripz
10-21-2007, 02:35 PM
could anyone tell me what car Ricky Ross drove in the street stock race?

BlingxBling
10-21-2007, 02:43 PM
The body appeared to be the same car he drove in the thrillers...

**Mike Nichols drives the #72, not the 50x

W. J.
10-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Ricky Ross Jr. drove the number 99.

2crew
10-21-2007, 06:08 PM
You forgot to add the Finally married Jason and Marrisa.

Thanks to the track for giving us the time to take a few pics.

jeff

W. J.
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
You forgot to add the Finally married Jason and Marrisa.

Thanks to the track for giving us the time to take a few pics.

jeff
Congrats on your wedding, that was pretty neat driving around the track and through the pits.

Oh, which one finished first, LOL!!!

(Think about it!)

Richie
10-21-2007, 06:58 PM
WJ, the honeymoon isn't over yet.

LongIslandJam
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
The #99 Street Stock was indeed, the former #99 Thriller. Ross and the gang worked hard over the past few weeks in converting the Thriller to a Street Stock. I guess the hard work paid off. Good job Ross and crew.

Geno
10-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Congrats to the winners, including "The Mountaintop Rocket" on his street stock win!:cheers:

Also to Jason and Marissa on their victory! Hey, how long until we see little Makarewicz’s running around??:D

richardpetey
10-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Hats off to Jason and Marissa................finally tying the knot....................:applause:
First time I've seen them both on the track at the same time..................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

KyleMac45
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Does any onw know if Elliot Whol was racing a Street Stock this past weekend?

Thank You,

Kyle

LongIslandJam
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
He was not there Kyle.

thriller 34
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Actually, they didn't do to much to the 99 car...as in the car was still running stock manifolds and weighed exactly the same.....they did, however, add a hood scoop, side skirts, and a spoiler...oh yeah, and street stock tires.

461_SS
10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
That is not true. The car was basically a Street Stock. Had just about everything a SS can have. Good run for him though. I just wished we raced during the day instead of at night when the track started to accumulate moisture especially when there were only 7 cars on the track :( Maybe more cars would have finished and it would have been a better race :p Who knows. See everyone at the banquet :wave:

gripz
10-26-2007, 01:24 PM
If Ricky's car is basically a SS, how could it have been legal as a Thriller for the 2007 racing season???

461_SS
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Over the 2 week break, they turned it into a street stock.

BlingxBling
10-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I thought when reading the results somewhere along the line throughout the past year Ricky's car was dq'd....

RICK16RACIN
10-29-2007, 04:11 PM
The divisions are too similar. When the thrillers were allowed rated springs and Hoosier tires and locked rears, it just made for another division of street stocks w/a hydraulic cam!! I think it should revert back to stock springs, open rears, and a 17lb manifold rule and a 3200lb weight rule. Everyone complained when a few street stocks showed up with aftermarket bodies (said they looked too much like a late model) and were running too fast of times!! In fact, most of the aftermarket bodied cars were very competitive with all of the others! Most all of the Monte Carlo's and Camaro's were after market bodies, despite their appearance!! Sorry, got off the subject!! The point is, the thrillers are supposed to be an entry level division for beginners, or an affordable division (I think that was forgotten about!!)

White Lightnin
10-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Amanda, just stop up at RNR Restorations, across from Dunkin' Donuts, and ask why they were DQ'ed. They're good people and I'm sure they would be happy to let you in on the reasons.

BlingxBling
10-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Quite frankly I do not care why he was dq'd...I was just stating that I thought somewhere along the year I thought I read it somewhere...Never said they were not good people...I may not stay on top of Mountain Speedway as well as I should..however I do live in Mountain Top been here for 26 years, stopping into RnR won't give me any further information that I already know...:wave:

thriller 34
10-29-2007, 10:24 PM
The car Ricky ran was by no means close to a street stock....next time you are at the track ask dallas about it lol....his exact response when that car hit the scales was "my God, its the same as it always is, disgusting"....then when the hood was popped he noticed that it did not have headers and again he was shocked....the car did not have weight jackers but did have adjustable spring pockets only so they could clear the ss tires cause they would have rubbed otherwise...they didnt even have a solid cam they were running the same hydraulic they ran all season so the car was not close to a street stock at all in my eyes...the kid is just that damn good he took an underpowered car...kept it out of trouble and managed to get an inprobible win...if you watch him from the stand pits wherever you can visibly see how much faster he gets on the throttle than everyone else on the track he loses maybe a car lenght going into the corner and gains 3 coming off the only way you are gonna keep him out of victory lane no matter what he drives is to make a ricky ross rule where he and only he has to take a disadvantage no matter what he drives or ban him from the track....since neither is gonna happen i cant wait to see what he does in a late model next year...GOOD JOB RICK!!!

BlingxBling
10-29-2007, 10:37 PM
OOKKKK. I got lost somewhere within that paragraph. As long as he plays fair, I will be the first to welcome him into a Late Model. If that is what he will be driving in 2008, sweet deal, NELMA always has room for new comers to the division.

thriller 34
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
this message was emailed to me by someone who does not want their identity disclosed ...enjoy

Let’s give you all the facts and put this discussion to rest by giving credit where credit is due!

Ricky was dq’ed once this year on a “technicality” where he was running 12” springs on his camaro in the front and 11” springs in the rear. Those of you who read the rules would know it states “stock equal length rated spring allowed with no spacers (no shorties). Minimum of at least 1 pig-tail allowed.” This leaves the rule a gray area and open for interpretation and many different people would interpret it in many different ways. This is what he was dq’ed for that one time this year! But should he have been dq’ed considering the fact that stock for camaro’s out of the factory do not come with equal length springs all the way around? The change was then made and we all know it did not slow him down any.

Let’s give you all the secrets! Ricky’s thriller was turned into a “streetstock” in 2 weeks by changing the following….the intake on the motor, exhaust, pocket weight jackers, side skirts, spoiler, streetstock legal wheels and tires and some scaling (weighing 3100 lbs.) and set-up work. If you should call that a “streetstock” that is a pretty low end “streetstock” compared to his competition that ran that race.

Ricky demonstrated patience’s and driving ability for his “Streetstock Shootout” victory. He ran mid-pack for 50 laps and gained position by everyone else running the entire race like it was the last lap, leaving them in either a wreck or nothing left in their car when it came to the end of the race. The fastest car doesn’t always win the race which was proven with Ricky running only a consistent 16.3 all night and a fast lap of 16.1. Races are only won on the last lap and Ricky’s car started to hook up for the finish of the race when everyone else wasted everything they had in their cars earlier on when it didn’t matter.

So, enough said…let’s give credit where credit is due! Congratulations to the #99 Championship Thriller Team…Ricky Ross Jr., Ross Racing Crew, R.N.R. Auto Restoration, and RPM Fabrication Inc.…on your well deserved “Streetstock Shootout” win and flawless Thriller championship season. Hard work and determination has gotten you there and will continue to take you places. Keep setting the precedence and breaking the records!

intense1
10-31-2007, 10:32 AM
The Thrillers running with the street stocks used to be more common a few years ago, for the special shows.
You have nothing to lose...and everything to gain.

Once again, good job by Ricky and crew.

2crew
10-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Ricky is the best!!! I wish I could be just like him one day.

White Lightnin
10-31-2007, 02:22 PM
More than 1 steel bodied street stock won the Late Model/Street Stock Shootout back in the Evergreen days.

thriller 34
10-31-2007, 10:02 PM
You were just like him once this year. You were driving a Camaro and leading....for 19 laps.

witchin8
11-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I think this thread has taken a wrong turn....

Lets get back on track ;)

2crew
11-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah Wayne all the laps except for the one that counted x a S#!t Load of races..........

thriller 34
11-01-2007, 09:47 PM
im pretty sure this thread is done anyway lol its 2 weeks after the race...one last question for jeff are u coming back next year and is jason and who is filling marissas car if anyone?...as of right now i only know of two drivers for certain that will be out there next year me and nicky ross rickys brother....and i think sager said he would be back but i really dont remember.

2crew
11-02-2007, 09:28 AM
If I get another car I will be back if the owner (s) allow.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=46611637&albumID=0&imageID=18995410

If you have myspace you can view it.

intense1
11-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Ricky's car is for sale...:p

I couldn't resist ;)

2crew
11-03-2007, 09:27 AM
um, I am not putting the house up for refinancing so I can race a thriller for a $200.00 purse......lol.

I dont care who drove that car...i would not pay that much for a car in that class.

nobandwagonhere
11-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Just my 2/10...uh...I mean 2/cents:rolleyes: ....I know theres lots of discussion about that Camaro, but if the division had a wheel base rule, that camaro wouldnt be able to run. If Im not mistaken, that car comes STOCK from the factory with more bite than most of the other cars out there. Mike, Im sure you know what Im talking about. (3rd link, torsion bars). Im not siding with the 99, just pointing out a new window.JMO.

intense1
11-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Jeff had the same make and model of car. The 1982 and up camaros are more readily available, then the 1970-81s, so they will continue to be included. That particular car has been around for a while and I believe has a few Thriller championships on it, back in the mid 90s.
You hear about drivers from the cup level on down, who have "favorite" cars. They are all built the same, however, some are just "better" than others. So, the same could be true at any level...

Are you ready to sell the McDonald mobile yet?:wave:

2crew
11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
NBW

Mike is right I did have the same kind of car. My best time and most consistant was a 17.1, 17.2 no matter what I did to that car, (as long as there was tires on it). The 99 had to move the third link up so that it was not below the trans and still didnt slow down a bit. Wheel base rule same thing. Nothing slowed him down or made him faster. Even finding the spring thing and the other 6 things a week that he was to change every week didnt help.

Mabye thats the problem. I need to spend 10 grand on a car instead of not even half of that on my car. But then again everyone else was equal out there but him. It must be his excellent driving and that is why I said I wish I was him.

thriller 34
11-04-2007, 01:13 AM
there is alot of money in that car i wont deny that but the kid is a hell of a driver...which is why i really never understood the giving him the finger every week...anyway another big reason rickys car was so good is R.P.M fabrications...joe polny can make a tricycle lap a 10 speed ...i took my car to him once switched 2 springs set caster and camber and scaled it...picked up 9 tenths...granted my car was alot farther off on the speed charts than most but i guarantee joe could find at least a tenth or two in everyones car.

2crew
11-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Wayne, The "I'm number one" signal was only given for BS moves which, well, was every lap that I was passed in the dirt which, well, was a lot of the races..........

Let me say that honestly I am not questioning his driving how ever he is not better than you or I Wayne. You need to start thinking of your self as a winner and not the side kick to someone elses evil plan.

LongIslandJam
11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Okay, we've gotten a bit off topic. I think it's time to put it to rest. A Thriller (with some modifications) beat Street Stocks by playing it smart. That's the summary and now it's time to enjoy the off season and get your cars ready for a better run in 2008.