PDA

View Full Version : Congrats To Larry Fisher !

chris061
10-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Good job Larry, proving two years in a row that you just can't take being passed by a FASTER car. You are a class act, crashing into the 75 shows it!

RGeeProductions
10-21-2007, 07:03 PM
From what I have heard from many and the story of the race itself, I should think that Larry should be penalized by not being allowed to race NELMA next year.
Head on???
What do people think when they do these things?
Obviously not anyones life including their own....
This type of mentality should never be tolerated!!!

jm31
10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
What he did surprised me. I have watched him all year in Late Models and Modifieds, and that move he pulled with Mike Coll was totally unacceptable. Mike Coll was running strong, and was clearly faster. Was Mike roughing him up? Yes. Did the 75 move him? Yes. That was RACING, If you get rubbed, then passed, then go into the corner too hot to recover what do you expect? You don't close the door on the guy who's got the better line and wreck you both, instead get the better line next time and RACE! Don't be a sore loser.
It will take a lot for him to get my respect back, even if he is the track champion.

mafap
10-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Not to mention the car did not have a scratch on it until he hit us head on and it now has a bent frame rail, busted radiator, and everything else that comes along with a head on collision.....................not to take anything away from the cars in 1st and 2nd but the strategy that Mike was using was to lay back until ten to go.......................might have been interesting. I am not surprised with Fisher's behavior. In his mind, he probably thinks he was done wrong even though he was slower and Mike was passing him like a gentleman. In a race in '06, we were clearly faster than him, but he was faster than the cars in front of us, so we were following him through the field...when he got loose, we went under him without any contact! In his mind, he thought we hit him and tried to wreck us (or as I was told he was quoted as saying I tried to kill him) instead he couldn't catch us and all by himself lost the handle and rode the wall backwards for half a lap! LOL . You had to be there. We got over that and moved on.........Question? After he spun, why didn't Fisher just go to the back and try to work through the field like a real racer that is faced with adversity? There were plenty of laps left and his car wasn't damaged, he just lost the handle..Mike has had to do that countless times in '06. Also, Jimmy Wismer got a flat and then went thru the field and finished 3rd, GREAT JOB JIM. By the way, congratulations on the KOTM win.......another class act!...

Great job Chris Busick and all that help with getting the car on the money

BlingxBling
10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
:mad: I suppose that would be the appropriate facial expression to explain my thoughts on a select few actions that had taken place during our 100 lapper on Saturday. Actions of that nature WILL NOT be tolerated. Over the next few months while planning 2008 I will be sure to bring up how to eliminate reckless and dangerous racing. This is not a demolition derby. These are not $500 junkers that you shrug off if it gets destroyed. These are racing machines that require the time and monies that are not as easy for some to obtain as others. The last thing I want to see is some maniac out there destroying cars because they are not mentally capable to shaking off a racing incident no matter who is at fault. Not only are you creating a name and reputation for yourself for driving like a maniac, but will drive away those who refuse to go into a race knowing they have a better chance getting wrecked than winning. That is NOT what NELMA is about. I don't know of any other Late Model series in the tri-state area that doesn't require a million dollar empire to race in it.

Conversation on this topic stops here...any further questions or concerns can be directed to me at asuhoski@nelmaracing.com

chris061
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I would say the reason that the 19 didn't go to the back and try to work his way through the field is because just like last year, the car went away and he was clearly frustrated. I think it is time for the gang at Fisher Race Fabrications to go back to the drawing board and find a way to get those tires to stay on the car, and after that, maybe take Larry out and find a younger driver that has a brain. Hey Larry, call Mike Coll, you know he is a CLEAN driver, because he passed you CLEAN!!!!!!! :applause:

mafap
10-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Any questions or comments directed @ Larry should be mailed to him. From what I hear, that is the only way he will get them..............LOL Anyway I have to thank Josh Box for the video.. what were the chances he was in turn three in the weeds and able to capture it all and again hats off to Spencer, he didn't lead the Whole race by accident.
You guys & girls @ NELMA did a great job. Again, thank you for providing us racers with a venue this late in the season. Can't wait till next year.

mafap
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBzGC07wTrI

W. J.
10-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Okay, I think we all get the point or at least I hope so. What we saw was an unfortunate display of poor judgment and sportsmanship. We don't need to beat on it forever. Give us a chance to formuate something to try and prevent something like this from happening in the future, as I know JA's heart is in this, and he would like this series to be noted for good, clean racing amongst talented people with good cars. Some of the behavior displayed during the NELMA event was, to any sane person at least, irresponsible and stupid. I know we will continue to work to make sure it gets out there that we won't be tolerating that in this series.
We appreciate the support shown so far, and would like to see it grow to more participants and more race tracks. If it means that some are not allowed to run in it, so that many others will, then that will be the way it will have to be done. Risky behavior which can result in serious injury will not be tolerated from any driver, no matter how 'famous' they may think they are.

mafap
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
It's all good WJ, I won't beat on it forever, just tonight, because its kinda frustrating, but I can assure you that I will be over it by the morning, as I have other things to address. More importantly, it has not taken away my feelings towards NELMA, or racing for that matter, and I/we appreciate the opportunity you/they/NELMA/Mountain Speedway have provided to us. I can't tell you how many phone calls I have been getting about this and I have refrained from bashing or speaking my mind, but when you see a team put together a car, MORE importantly a strategy that takes a lot of time and money, to have it snuffed out like that, you are forced to voice some kind of opinion, and that's all I'm am doing here.......have a great off season all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Case

W. J.
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Don't worry, Sean, all normal people understand your frustration about what happened, and your desire to vent. I believe you've done so in a constructive manner, so don't worry. We appreciate your support of this series, as we do all others, and we will continue to work to make it a series racers enjoy running in.

behler29
10-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for posting the video...it lets everyone see what really happened. From what I saw if the 75 had a faster car then why didn't he pass the 19? He was clearly under him down the back and front stretch for at least a lap.

W. J.
10-22-2007, 06:24 PM
From what I saw, if the 75 had a faster car, then why didn't he pass the 19? He was clearly under him down the back and front stretch for at least a lap.
You forgot to add that he was passing him when the 19 chopped down on him and spun because of it. Chalk that one up to a spotter's mistake, I guess.

chris061
10-22-2007, 07:22 PM
WJ, you hit the nail on the head ! And what amazed me was that Miss Mountain and the other's the crew were screaming stupid comments about what happened on the track. But I am sure when his car needs a clip or two, that they will have nothing to say, because they saw nothing wrong with his actions.
Until next time, keep those belts tight, you never know what could happen! :cool:

tstiles
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Bravo!!! Chris, I am still in shock from what he did on the track. I was sitting near turn 2 when it all went down. and after Larry hits Mike, out of nowhere, some person next to me starts pumping her fists in the air like she just won a makeover.

And to think, I actually wished Larry Good luck at the snack bar earlier that day. I hope you never come back, you low life. 'Drivers' like you give the race scene a bad name.
WJ, you hit the nail on the head ! And what amazed me was that Miss Mountain and the other butch on the crew were screaming stupid comments about what happened on the track. But I am sure when his car needs a clip or two that they will have nothing to say, because they saw nothing wrong with his actions.
Until next time, keep those belts tight, you never know what could happen! :cool:

mafap
10-23-2007, 01:31 PM
A This is how a racecar driver holds a car when you're on the outside with contact & B that's how you pass on the outside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeGQbub1tOc

mafap
10-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Here is an example of a driver that is frustrated and tries to wreck a car that cleanly pass's him.........thankfully What comes around goes around..........................:applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a38M0KV_qZg

W. J.
10-23-2007, 03:44 PM
All good stuff, but this is the end. Both videos posted here say what needs to be said. We will only find out in the future if EVERYONE learned anything here. Thank you all.