PDA

View Full Version : Green White Checkered

Teds Race Tours
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Can somebody tell me why lapped cars are allowed to run a green white checkered finish? Many of them are not on the same lap with anybody, and its impossible for them to change position. The GWC was put in so we could get a race to the finish for the WIN, not for 23rd place.. Especially in the Cup series where its one chance at a finish and then the race is done, these lapped cars really need to be on pit road rather than on the track. Today at Martinsville David Ragan brought out a caution, and while he was on the lead lap, he might have had a problem with a lapped car. We really need to get lapped cars off the track for the Green White Checkered finish.

The Voice of reason has spoken!!!!!

Tower Man
10-23-2007, 06:04 AM
I don't usually post here, but for the record, lapped cars are also running for position.

The Bullfather
10-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Toyota All-Star race was awesome, best race of the weekend, might have even been race of the year! The had double file restarts all the way through. Nextel/Spring Cup should really do this for the fans. As lap cars usually don't race to get their laps back now with the field frozen at the wave of the yellow. The only way cars get a lap back is from the lucky dog!

Teds Race Tours
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't usually post here, but for the record, lapped cars are also running for position.

Tower. For the Record, I don't think very many in the crowd are watching the potential battle for 23rd position. The GWC was put in so we could have a winner determined under green flag. Without the GWC, the race would be over and the lapped cars wouldn't be racing anymore anyways. The got their full race, they just shouldn't get overtime. There have been many times that a lapped car brought out a caution ruining what could have been a great finish.

gomodsgo
10-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I know we leave the lap cars in the position they are in because the leader HAD to pass them, so it's only fair that the rest of the field has to pass them. NOW..... if the lap car has ANY sense, he will pull out in a GWC situation and take his place in the back of the field (first car not on the lead lap). Some of my drivers do, other chose to stay there as they think they are in that battle for the win. I don't make them get to the back of the field unless they are more then 1 lap down.

Linda
10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
While I respect your opinion Hampton Jitney, I disagree with you. I think lap cars have the right to fight/gain positions as well, as long as that does not interfer with the leaders, I am in agreement on that. I think they should start at the tail end of the lead lap in their prospective positions, as the WMT does, but to make them stay on pit road is a slap in the face to say they don't deserve to run and possibly gain one or more positions. At the end of the year those gained positions could mean a better finish in the points. JMO

Rbemben1
10-23-2007, 04:37 PM
While I respect your opinion Hampton Jitney, I disagree with you. I think lap cars have the right to fight/gain positions as well, as long as that does not interfer with the leaders, I am in agreement on that. I think they should start at the tail end of the lead lap in their prospective positions, as the WMT does, but to make them stay on pit road is a slap in the face to say they don't deserve to run and possibly gain one or more positions. At the end of the year those gained positions could mean a better finish in the points. JMO

I think Linda's right, but maybe a better idea would be to have the top 5 or top 10 start slightly in front of the rest of the field. They COULD potentially affect the outcome of the race in this way, but not so drastically (in terms of bent metal, etc.)

Just an idea that even the 'Cup guys (them Cab Drivers) might like....

Rich

art11758
10-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Simply Ted, chaos sells. It isn't about anything else. They should put the lucky lap back thing, the green white checker thing, and any other brilliant ideas they have introduced in the last, oh, ten years in a time capsule and FORGET about 'em. But that might hurt the France family fortune..... wouldn't want that.
disclaimer: the sarcasm in this post is intentional. And JMHO as always......

Tower Man
10-26-2007, 06:28 PM
As a car owner, a sponsor and an official, every competitor is out there racing. And maybe a fan could care less about the battle for 23rd, but if my driver is racing or I am sponsoring the team, I want to be on the track from the green to the checker. Just my opinion.

Maybe when a car gets lapped they should just go down pit road and watch the reat of the race. Only kidding.