PDA

View Full Version : From the mouth of Amy

SuperShafts
10-25-2007, 08:38 AM
This from Amy C., who is seeking a seat within RHT as a councilwoman

She says that had she been on the Town Board, she would have voted with majority to approve Riverhead Resorts over RexCorp. Though it's become one of the most contentious issues of this political season, Ms. Csorny claims she's heard little about the matter as she campaigns.

"I don't run into a lot of people who are upset with the decision," she said. "My question would be, Is it not feasible for racetrack enthusiasts to partner with or at least investigate the possibility of making improvements at Riverhead Raceway? We already have a racetrack. Why would we be looking to cast it aside? Why not encourage the lobbying group that has been following us around to meet with those folks?"

Can anyone here answer that question for her, specifically the part about doing something with RR as per updating the track and how it is clearly discriminated against...

She says she doesn't run into a lot of people who are upset with the decision, she must not be meeting very many people then.

art11758
10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
While I am in no position to offer an answer, I would like to apply the same logic to........ strip malls/or shopping centers. Why should anymore be built? Couldn't someone find a better way to partner with or utilize them better ??

note: this post is sarcasm laden and intended to illustrate the vast differences in what is really important to some folks and not to others.

W. J.
10-25-2007, 10:49 AM
While no one would argue it would be nice to see certain infrastructure improvements at Riverhead Raceway, there are things needed that just would not fit the property. L.I. needs a regulated drag strip, and a place for off-roaders to do their thing. Unless the town is going to condemn properties around the existing track to allow for those things to be built there, this woman, as with most politicians, is speaking without full knowledge of her subject. Anyone running for public office that does that, isn't deserving of anyone's vote, regardless of the issue, just because they've spoken without learning the full scope of what they're talking about. :mad:

Perhaps a better question would be why does Riverhead need so many council members? Wouldn't 2 and a supervisor be enough? Think of the taxpayer money to be saved by eliminating those two positions! :lol:

Jaws
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM
From all the things I have heard over the years (Most second hand)

The Town of Riverhead has never worked with the track to allow them to improve the facility.

They don't want a track in the town, period.

They only throw road blocks to prevent the track from doing almost anything. Remember the trailer for a press box years ago, how long did that take to rectify.

SuperShafts
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Exactly, yet she goes off half cocked thinking we don't know and she is going to fix it by getting LIMA off her back and on RR's side..."let me show the people I do care....oh yeah, and vote for my lying butt".

She doesn't remember the long discussion we had with her about this subject..as to how RR is discriminated against and isn't allowed to do anything without seeing the RHTB for any approval, which never comes.

This is her tactic to get people on her side. I wish I had taped that conversation we had with her, incuding myself, Alan and Art.

Anyway, I think she needs to see how many other people know about RR being discriminated against..

The Bullfather
10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I guess our faces don't look familair to her. Maybe we can take a ride past her house Sunday. haha. Cardinale knows our faces and he keeps stumbling and making more excuses and lies to us at the town meetings. I can say it's true as he's said different things to me and then a week later another thing! Long Island needs a first class motorsports facility, for all motorsports and car driven areas. We also need a place that is for the families of the Long Island community. No one will travel to Calverton from out of state, which they hope happens. Most of the people who come from out of state want to be one place. The place to be....The Hamptons, and Calverton will never be the Hamptons. People go to the Hamptons because of the environment and the fake people, lol. This no way means West Hampton or Hampton Bays. lol. They have a lot of hard working people mixed in with snobs, lol.

SuperShafts
10-26-2007, 09:51 AM
This is Mr.Willmott finally someones exposes Dick Amper of the Pine Barrens Society...

http://www.limotorsports.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98

Golf Guy
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Perhaps a better question would be why does Riverhead need so many council members? Wouldn't 2 and a supervisor be enough? Think of the taxpayer money to be saved by eliminating those two positions! :lol:

Walt that is the funniest and best thing written on this subject! I love it. I have and idea, why don't we get you to run for office- you got my vote!

W. J.
10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Walt that is the funniest and best thing written on this subject! I love it. I have and idea, why don't we get you to run for office- you got my vote!
Now multiply it across the board to include all Village, Town of.., County, State and Federal reps of all kinds. There's your tax reduction!

RGeeProductions
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Less board members, less representation of the people!!!!
Called monarchy!!!

W. J.
10-26-2007, 11:17 AM
If they were, in fact, truly representing the people in the first place. Add a few more, along with their ever growing 'staff members' and see what that costs in return for what we, the taxpayers, pay for. They represent you 'at large', not by a voting district where they should be more answerable to you, so what difference does the number make?

Used to be 10 Town Supervisors were the 'county legislature'. But we replaced them with a new county legislature, consisting of 18 members (and their staffs, offices, cars, etc.). Only thing is, we still pay for the 10 Town Supervisors, and not at a reduced rate from what they were getting when they did the 'other job'. So tell me, what have we done!!!?

The real question here is how many of THE FIVE in Riverhead (or anywhere, for that matter), really vote the 'will of the people'?

RGeeProductions
10-26-2007, 11:40 AM
First off, not disputing the facts of money savings, just representation.
As for the 5 on the board representing us, ask that in any town, city, state, federal.....
Not just Riverhead....

SuperShafts
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM
The real question here is how many of THE FIVE in Riverhead (or anywhere, for that matter), really vote the 'will of the people'?

Definitely not Bartunek, he said it in public, he votes personally.

W. J.
10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Definitely not Bartunek, he said it in public, he votes personally.

That, and anyone like him, isn't deserving of reelction, even if that stupid statement makes you feel "At least he's honest". In fact he is not, as he is sworn to represent the people, not his own interests.

And RGee, I know all LI towns have 5 or more, but again, most (but not all) are elected at large, so who do they really represent? 2 could do the exact same thing for much less money.

RGeeProductions
10-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Well with your theory WJ, let the government drop to only 1 representative for each state...Save us much more than you mention.
But maybe now you see my point if that was done.

W. J.
10-26-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't know what the State Legislative budget (payroll) is, but it is an interesting idea to think we could actually save all that money.....

The Bullfather
10-26-2007, 10:53 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Suffolk County, any town in Suffolk County :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SuperShafts
10-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Well with your theory WJ, let the government drop to only 1 representative for each state...Save us much more than you mention.
But maybe now you see my point if that was done.

Why not, how many people do you need making things more confusing...

1 says he got 1000 calls in favor, another says he got 1000 calls against, another says he got calls for something else...

Guess what? If you got rid of the other idiots and 1 got all the calls and voted the way of the majority, rather than those two getting together and selling each other to vote 1 way...

Then, instead of all the different elections for all the mental patients screwing everything up it's just 1..

IN the case of RHT....only 1 voted in the respect of the wishes of the people....the rest all did or actually all said you people can go _____ yourselves I am doing what I WANT to...

Great leadership there boy...bottom line, this all comes down to lack of doing what the people wanted...lack of doing their job, lack of listening to the people...not to mention all the other blunders.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

The other bottom line is you have this lying lady Amy C, telling the papers lies and just looking to make people believe she is on everyone's side...

We have, and I myself have, been at all but 1 meet the candidates, along with attending the debates and other side meetings...

I am telling you 1st hand what a liar she is. We had a few discussions with her...and she say's that bs in the paper.

Funny, she says she talks to a lot of people, and they say they don't have a problem with the ski mountain....wow, that seriously contradicts the RHT residents we talk to Saturday's handing out info....several lies in that article.

SuperShafts
10-27-2007, 03:26 AM
Legislators were supposed to be helpers and do that part time while holding a real job....unfortunately they can't seem to find anyone competant enough to do just that....now they need raises on top of that

RGeeProductions
10-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Why not, how many people do you need making things more confusing...

1 says he got 1000 calls in favor, another says he got 1000 calls against, another says he got calls for something else...

Guess what? If you got rid of the other idiots and 1 got all the calls and voted the way of the majority, rather than those two getting together and selling each other to vote 1 way...

Then, instead of all the different elections for all the mental patients screwing everything up it's just 1..

IN the case of RHT....only 1 voted in the respect of the wishes of the people....the rest all did or actually all said you people can go _____ yourselves I am doing what I WANT to...

Great leadership there boy...bottom line, this all comes down to lack of doing what the people wanted...lack of doing their job, lack of listening to the people...not to mention all the other blunders.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

The other bottom line is you have this lying lady Amy C, telling the papers lies and just looking to make people believe she is on everyone's side...

We have, and I myself have, been at all but 1 meet the candidates, along with attending the debates and other side meetings...

I am telling you 1st hand what a liar she is. We had a few discussions with her...and she say's that bs in the paper.

Funny, she says she talks to a lot of people, and they say they don't have a problem with the ski mountain....wow, that seriously contradicts the RHT residents we talk to Saturday's handing out info....several lies in that article.

Yes, and all this comes from a person who bought a WHOLE PAGE AD to rip Cardinale apart in Riverhead's local paper when in fact IF HE VOTED YES, it still would have been 3-2.....NO CHANGE
Time to get off the 'blame one' attitude, as it was the 4 of them that voted for it...
There should be a representative per so many people, PERIOD.
And they should represent what those people/group want, PERIOD.
Most do not, they go by their personal feelings or by party line, depending what part of government, BUT still the better to have.
And I see you support monarchy too....
NOTE: I do want a race track of 1/2 to 3/4 mile at EPCAL.
I do not support either candidate running for Supervisor in Riverhead nor do I want either one of them in office.
One is not doing the right thing.
The other just using a track at EPCAL to get in office when he already had the chance as a supervisor for 1 term and we said, 'SEE-YA'!!!.
[FACT: Just by voting in a new supervisor WILL NOT get a track at EPCAL, a TOWN BOARD runs the town and changing the decision they voted on will bring a large lawsuit by the group against Riverhead town...]
Bring on the RT 58 business/Tanger statements again, I will again bring on the downtown ghost town FACTS!!!

The Bullfather
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
It's not Stark, the racing community would also need James Wooten and Tim Buckley, who are impressive speakers, who also seem to care for local downtown buisness of Riverhead. Which is a must! Both of them worker as police officiers and care for the town's dealings downtown. Part of the the EPCAL plans are for a historical village, don't they have downtown Riverhead and Jamesport, both with water properity? Then they have a water park theme resort.... why does it seem they are forgetting about Splish Splash? I do believe the owner is about to rehaul and build other attractions this year.

I understand the desires and the need for a facilty of safe racing on Long Island. I support Riverhead Raceway, but we've also seen other tracks in the pass go away in time. We've heard rumours year after year, it seems we are working off year after year questions and rumour mills. I'm glad the owners have kept the track going, this past year, we saw some of the best crowds in years. What a pay-off! I'm glad we got the crowds we got this season.

It kinda sad that the properity is in the hands of the township of Riverhead. It was handed to them for entertainment zoning mostly. Seen people come and go and nothing ever happened with it. A sealed bid was the sad fate, was it sealed? We all know politics stink! It's hard finding one that doesn't come across as being fake. I did not feel that with Wooten and Buckley. But they're not in office yet.... well, I hope they do get in, because they are for the rebuilding the downtown area. It saddens me each time I drive through there.

SuperShafts
10-27-2007, 02:48 PM
You don't even know what your talking about, they the town can walk away tomorrow with no lawsuit, you better see what it was they voted on and there is no contract, get your facts straight. They can call them and tell them tomorrow have a nice day RR no harm no foul, you got more problems with the lawsuits with bartunek and cardinale...oh you didn't hear of the 2 new lawsuits..

Well when stark was in the town was doing better.

It was Stark that did the epcal deal, so without Stark there is no epcal to make you money
It was Stark that got business to rt 58 by doing the tanger deal.

what has phil done

Lets see he lied about the landphil, he does not have his budget right, he is not ahead in his budget like he claims, he is playing with 2 different areas taking from 1 fund to pay into another, he continues to lie to everyone about the ski mountain...
What else do you need, oh there is more if you want it.

As for the vote, bartunek follows phils every lead, tim bishop made the call to the other 2, matter of fact bishop is at shirley walking around with that other hammer head browning, why don't you go ask him about those phone calls yourself like i have sent others to ask him, he won't lie about the calls, go ask him.

You don't want to hear the truth..

Why are you upset about the truth in the paper, wait till next week...i asked him to stop lying to the people, apparently he likes to lie.. you should be thanking me for the truth to come out at no cost to you...

So you know there is 2 candidates running, 1 which has made a difference and 1 who has made things worse, we are all faced with the same things, but i wouldn't not vote for the other because the hammerhead in office is already there and leave him there to do more damage.

So go on about the small ghost town that didn't make or bring in half the money rt 58 is now...better yet why don't you look into the insane rents on ghost town st and ask yourself if you would open a shop there...

W. J.
10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
I get what you mean about a monarchy. I was only trying to point out what a waste of money certain levels of government are. Town boards can easily be replaced by the county zoning board and the functions they perform. Beyond that, most town board members I've seen in photo ops in the paper are just cutting ribbons at some ceremony. Pretty young girls (models on their way up) will do it for a lot less money than those useless individuals get paid to do nothing most of the time, in what is increasingly being classified as a full time job, even though most of their 'work' in ceremonial.

Ah, to see a referendum on the ballot to eliminate these jobs (including town supervisor). Many areas of the country (outside of the Northeast) work exactly that way now, and have way lower taxes than we do, with better overall infrastructure and government function.

I also believe getting rid of the current members (incumbents) gives a much better chance of getting something done right. Trouble is, it's hard to convince most people to 'throw out the bums (incumbents)' each time the opportunity arises, until you actually get a group that listens to the will of the people, not the will of their campaign contributors. :mad:

The Bullfather
10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
well said W.J., I agree, seems a lot of people don't know who they are voting for! That also includes me, sometimes you walk into a booth and you look at the names and half the times, it's like, who is that!?! But I do believe in causes and what someone represents and that represents me!

RGeeProductions
10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Again, town was doing better when Stark was in office?
Then why was he voted out only after 1 term.
Again, built up Rt 58, and that had nothing to do with downtown failing?
It is dead now because the town has a deal with a developer to redo main street and no one wants to rent knowing it will be short term, BUT Main Street has been a ghost town for years, well before Phil got in office. MMM, actually about the time Stark was supervisor it was declining.
Landphil? This all started and was caused BEFORE Phil, was in office. The blunder of the town was letting a surveying company with no knowledge of what they were doing give the town an estimated cost to reclaim.
Upset about your ad, hahahaha!!! You have to be kidding. I found it QUITE entertaining from someone who doesn't live here....
DO I know that there are 2 candidates running? Actually, there are 6 candidates running for 3 positions.
Small ghost town that didn't make it? It was making it fine. I grew up on Main Street and it thrived. Tanger, KMart, Walmart and Rt 58 blew it off the map.
My point is....EPCAL call was not made by Cardinale alone.
Voting only on a candidate because he supports racing is not a way to vote for an elected official.
Focus shouldn't be on Cardinale BUT ALSO ON the other board members.

SuperShafts
10-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Well RGee I sure don't remember sitting with you at all the meetings and canditates functions, where were you? You don't even know what else they stand for.

Stark made a choice and got Tanger in and built up RHT before it further plummeted, I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

The problem is your boy Phil got involved with the other company and now who's gonna rent anything there with those rents....forget the short term lease, that anyone could live with, who would want to be locked into a long term lease and now you got problems. Forget the lease it's just the rent they want.

RGee, you have 3 TB positions open and 10 candidates running. You would have known that if you attended all the meetings I did. Anyway, if the other is elected back in, it's all about him, there is no we or us there kid...they all follow, it's sad that people can't see he is a liar, puppet for Dick, and you want 3 of them in there... Amy has stated she'll vote however Phil wants, is a puppet for Dick, Bartunek is dead from the ankles up, and is a puppet for both...
RGee, no offense kid, but you made other statements months ago and after I did research, they were wrong. I have been paying attention closely here to all their speeches, talking with them after their speeches, it's not hard to pick out who can't be bothered, who doesn't care, and who is lying..

Just off the article that was originally posted here she is a liar, forget the rest.

After many talks with all the people running, I believe Stark is much better than Cardinale, Buckley is better than bartunek and amy, and Wooten I still like better than Bartunek and Amy.
We spoke with Bartunek about his personal choice voting, and HE LIED to us and told us HE didn't receive any calls or letters or anything about people wanting RC prop.
Amy, the other big business major who has no clue, also said she would have voted for the mountain and she said she wants to reassess business taxes...

Ghost town....you haven't seen ghost town unless she gets in....and Phil is for reassessement, kid. Man, I hope you people are paying attention, it sure doesn't seem like it.

RGeeProductions
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Well RGee, I sure don't remember sitting with you at all the meetings and candidates functions, where were you? You don't even know what else they stand for.Sorry I work till roughly 9pm most nights and what candidates say to you, versus what they can and will do for you, are very different things.

Stark made a choice and got Tanger in and built up RHT before it further plummeted. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.
At the expense of downtown...what don't you understand about that

The problem is your boy Phil got involved with the other company and now who's gonna rent anything there with those rents? Forget the short term lease, that anyone could live with, who would want to be locked into a long term lease and now you got problems. Forget the lease, it's just the rent they want.
You didn't read what I wrote above

RGee, you have 3 TB positions open and 10 candidates running, you would have known that if you attened all the meetings i did.....anyway if the other is elected back in it's all about him, there is no we or us there kid...they all follow, it's sad that people can't see he is a liar, puppet for Dick, and you want 3 of them in there... Amy has stated she'll vote however Phil wants, is a puppet for Dick, Bartunek is dead from the ankles up and is a puppet for both...
ONLY 6 will get the popular vote.
I am only counting 1 supervisor seat and 2 council persons seats as they run the town board.

RGee, no offense kid, but you made other statements months ago and after I did research they were wrong. I have been paying attention closely here to all there speeches talking with them after there speeches, it's not hard to pick out who can't be bothered who doesn't care and who is lying. Just off the article that was originally posted here she is a liar, forget the rest.

After many talks with all the people running, I believe Stark is much better than Cardinale, Buckley is better than Bartunek and Amy, and Wooten I still like better than Bartunek and Amy.
We spoke with Bartunek about his personal choice voting, and HE LIED to us, and told us HE didn't receive any calls or letters or anything about people wanting RC prop.
Amy, the other big business major, who has no clue also, said she would have voted for the mountain and she said she wants to reassess business taxes...

Ghost town....you haven't seen ghost town unless she gets in....and Phil is for reassessement kid....man i hope you people are paying attention, it sure doesn't seem like it.
Again, you believe. You don't have a vote here.
You have 2 incumbents and all the rest have no knowledge of what they can and can't do.
None of my posts have even mentioned any other political races in the town because it has nothing to do with the point I was making.
They all have been on the point of supervisor, which I feel will be better, which I made clear I feel NEITHER would, and that Phil Cardinale is not the SOLE reason that EPCAL property went the way it did.
Face it, Cardinale out doesn't mean Race Track in....

SuperShafts
10-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry I work till roughly 9pm most nights and what candidates say to you, versus what they can and will do for you, are very different things.

So then you are missing a lot of details. When talking with people you can learn things thru their lies and what they preach to you thru questions...ah forget it. you don't understand.
Again with the downtown...
Do the math, add up what you lost vs what you gained..then ask yourself if you want the money you lost from downtown or the money you gained...
We need the smiley smacking his head on the wall..
This is about LIES, what don't you get about that?

catfish
10-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Truthfully, it's about politics. Politicians have been telling people what they want to hear (or as you say LIE) for years. And that is an ABSOLUTE FACT. And unfortunately, many other people besides yourself have tried calling them out on a lot higher level, and they still got elected president, governer or whatever.

LongIslandJam
10-28-2007, 04:04 PM
So, we're all basically arguing the same thing in this forum. It's politics! Remember a politician's whim will be based upon what gets them elected, not by what they believe in (ask any honest retired politician).

Ultimately it's up to the voters of Riverhead to decide whom they want to represent them. Remember it's a Town Supervisor plus council members, and each one counts.

To all the voters in Riverhead, make sure you know who you're voting for. Ask them where they stand. To everyone else, well, your say is limited as you don't have a vested interest directly to this election.

Choose wisely, and be careful what you wish for. A politician may promise you something, but remember each promise is laced with an ulterior motive.

On that note, we're really not progressing so, topic closed.