PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Bill Steen

Tower Man
10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Bill Steen has sold his car and trailer. A 37 plus year racing career has come to an end. I cannot remember a time when Bill Steen was not in a Figure 8 car.

Good luck Bill. It was a pleasure watching you race, racing with you and officiating races you were in. Always a class act with emaculate race cars. Another era comes to an end.

LongIslandJam
10-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Good luck in retirement Bill,

It was a pleasure seeing the "Dean" in action. Hope you keep in touch with the LI Racing community.

The Bullfather
10-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Riverhead Raceway lost a true legend in the Figure 8 division. He was The Dean, he always raced people the way he wanted to be raced. He was a guy you could talk to for advice. He was a true old school racer and more drivers need to look up to Bill Steen. I hope his advice will still there for the drivers and I hope drivers will go to him for advice! Racers need the older generation, they helped bring about what we have now. Bill Steen has been through a lot of transtitions on the track, but alway stuck to his roots and kept it going strong. He did have some motor problems and past few years, but he always came back when he could. The Dean will be missed on the track! Who bought the car?

TheVinylAnswer
10-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Billy Steen is my absolute favorite racecar driver of all time (tied with my husband (and my father too) of course :) ).. He has been my #1 driver since I was old enough to breathe..

I will miss you out there, just as I do now, but now will miss the hope of seeing you out in the parking lot signing in!

W. J.
10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Bill will most certainly be missed. He was a great competitor, with a well prepared car each time he raced, and though he was an infrequent visitor the last couple of years, always a front runner in the division.
I hope you enjoy retirement, Bill, thanks for some great memories.

00 RBDJ
10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Steve Stadler #6 bought it.

The Bullfather
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
What are they doing with the Camaro?

randomrodder
10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Billy started the 8s the same year my wife and I started going to Islip together. Best of luck in your retirement Bill!

00 RBDJ
10-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Peter-
The #6 was sold. Rumor has it that Joe Larsen bought it.

leah28racing
11-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Hope you enjoy your retirement Bill. Going to miss you. Hope to see you at the SAFER Dinner. :)

Ka$h25
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Does anyone really know Billy sold the car, with intentions of retiring. He's had quite a string of bad luck, maybe the cost of being an owner/driver lead to the sale of the car. This is the opportunity for some of those owners with sitting cars to make some money. Can't ask for a much more respected, and respectful driver who will keep your car in one piece.