PDA

View Full Version : Was the 38 legal?

bulldozer
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Just wondering I think I saw something about the 38 being illegal. Was he or wasn't he? I know that truck was fast at Riverhead, like Charger fast. Could be just a good set up though.

badone07
10-26-2007, 03:16 PM
It was & is 100% legal. So was the 2x. The 2x was 8.9 & the 38 was 8.7. The 42 blew a 9.2 on the whistler.

bulldozer
10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
That's wierd, someone there told me he was DQ'd. I guess I got wrong info. Thanks for clearing that up.:-)

badone07
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
No problem. :)

Zemco117e
10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
That's weird someone there told me he was DQ'd. I guess I got wrong info. Thanks for clearing that up.:-)

Bulldozer you did not receive the wrong Info... First off, they puffed the motors while they were still hot and the 42 was teched first. Only the officals and the 38 team knows what the real number was. Everyone was huddled around the whistler so no one could see. Not to mention both trucks went to their trailers after the scales. The 42 motor is still sealed from the head as well. And yes, that truck is Charger fast, just look at the videos from Riverhead how much straight speed the truck has. :confused:

badone07
10-26-2007, 04:06 PM
No one was huddled around the whistler, around the 38 or the 2x. However, I was standing in the scale area along with the 38 street stock, when the 42 whistled. Was actually talking to Mike Krempasky who owns the 19x ss that didn't race. The 38 truck left tech after we were told the top 2 positions would be teched. Everyone from the 2x & 38 stayed in the tech area, except Danny. Then Danny alone, went back to get the truck after tech changed their minds. Pappy told him to go get it. Then had to wait for the compressor & everything else. I watched all three trucks on the whistler. No tech enema this year, like last year.

fisherman
10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
No one was huddled around the whistler, around the 38 or the 2x. However, I was standing in the scale area along with the 38 street stock, when the 42 whistled. Was actually talking to Mike Krempasky who owns the 19x ss that didn't race. The 38 truck left tech after we were told the top 2 positions would be teched. Everyone from the 2x & 38 stayed in the tech area, except Danny. Then Danny alone, went back to get the truck after tech changed their minds. Pappy told him to go get it. Then had to wait for the compressor & everything else. I watched all three trucks on the whistler. No tech enema this year, like last year.

SO WAS IT ChECKED OR NOT:help: :help: :help:

Zemco117e
10-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh, it was checked..:D

An Observer
10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
And? What was the outcome of the tech inspection? Thanks.

badone07
10-27-2007, 07:01 PM
What was checked... cars were scaled, carbs checked while still bolted on and motors whistled. The last car running before tech was the 38 (see why above). All passed the first 2 inspections. The 2x & 42 had more cool down time than the 38. Then it was time for the whistling. Had to wait for cylinder choice, then had to wait for the compressor.

The 42 was the ONLY one to blow an illegal 9.2. The 42 should've been DQ'd, period. Seals mean absolutely squat. Tech told Frank Jr.... "good enough." Enough of the BS stories. Enjoy the win that was handed to you, just like the 1 during the season.
The 2x blew a 8.9.
The 38 blew a 8.7.

As per Danny... "Anyone wanting to watch when the motor is removed & unassembled, can come on by." That motor has been disassembled & inspected numerous times before. Not like Mike Bologna & PCHS are totally exclusive just to the 38. It's just a smogger pump gas motor.

nflobster
10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
:rolleyes: :drool: :confused: :*-( :disgusted ;) :( :help:

RacinRob
10-27-2007, 07:10 PM
I beg to differ. Frankie drove his butt off for that win! Congrats Frankie, good run Danny and everyone else.

bearsjd5
10-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...we puffed at 9.2 with a motor at 210 degrees. When checked at Riverhead, the motor is not started or run, so it is cold. When things heat up, they expand, that's why Mountain Speedway gives a 3 point variance. The motor was sealed from Riverhead.

Frank Sr

An Observer
10-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Mike Bolonga? PCHS? What?

badone07
10-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Mike Balonga? PCHS? What?

The builders of the 38's motor in question.

============================
I'm not going to bother to speak about metallurgy. All the trucks had plenty of cool down time, by the time the whistler was finally put to use. There wasn't any lag time between the 3 inspections. Could've reversed the order & it wouldn't had mattered either way. Ray was totally correct when he suggested to videotape the tech inspections. For the prize, it just didn't matter a whole lot. I'm sure if it was the other way around though, there would've been a whole lot of crying. Making false statements, questioning the integrity of the truck & team, that's something different. Danny is & has been fast in just about anything he driven. Especially with the people that help him. Even the 2x was fast in only it's second race out, after sitting dormant for a while. ANYONE who wants to, can show up for a looksie. Walter has even looked it all over thoroughly. Nothing special to it at all. The whole package, driver & crew is what makes it fast & is still for sale.

bearsjd5
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
If the motor blew 8.7 and 8.9 hot what is it cold ?? Leaving a lot on the table there.

Zemco117e
10-28-2007, 01:38 PM
"Enjoy the win that was handed to you, just like the 1 during the season."

Now that is BS b/c the 42 passed the 38!.. It's is not our fault that the 38 had a push and could not hold the bottom! O and i'd like to thank the 2x for putting the 42 in the fence in the beginning of the race. Nice to hear you guys clapping on the video when that happend... Admit it, you got beat! :wave:

stomas
10-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, the 38 got beat. 42 was in the right place at the right time and had the handling to take advantage. Not trying to take anything away there, but that's not the point of this thread. The 38 truck is being accused of being illegal when the 42 was the one with the questionable motor. That's what is being argued here. :rolleyes: All 3 trucks were hot, so that shouldn't be a factor with the results. Anyway congrats on your win.
Tom Jensen
Crew Chief of the 38 SPT

LongIslandJam
10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
And on that note, I feel we have covered all the bases.