PDA

View Full Version : ATTN All TRUX Competitors!!!!!

17Racer
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
For the Mutha race only, the 50 series tires WILL be allowed. For the TRUX only. The tread width may be NO WIDER THAN 7 INCHES and they may NOT have a speed rating higher than 'H'. The TRUX must still start the race on all 4 of the same size tire. If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks

CJfilms
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Listen to your tech man...he was supposed to put up more info elsewhere, but that is ok for now...

This is an OFFICIAL ADJUSTMENT TO THE TRUX RULES!!!! I will be making the amendment to the rules page in BRIGHT GREEN TYPE!!!

tstiles
10-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Are you allowing 50 series tires to help accommodate your locals who can't win without them?? You should stick to the original rules. That amendment was made special for Frank Katona, it's evident you're friends with Kotona. All I can say is it's no wonder.... I still love you Joe, but you're making exceptions for the biggest cheater on the track. Katona has different shock locations, 8 point cage Wisco pistons, AFCO lowering springs, and last time I looked, he had an 'X' in his chassis. I can go on and on. He still got spanked by my 60 serie bologna skins. Hey Frank, did you thank your friend the tech guy for allowing you the edge you need to be competitive by making special rule changes just for you? Since you are the only one who has the 50 series because you can't go fast without them. Hey tech man! I could see if the whole field had them, but your best friend is the only one using them. Give us a break huh? Do you want the field to stay home? My opinion is they're playing favorites. By the way, show me a 50 series tire with a 7'' footprint, and I will eat a bus.

woot lawrence
10-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey Terry, how do you want your bus cooked? You've measured my 50 series tires. :applause:

tstiles
10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Woot, you have 195-50 14. Isnt that like a Civic tire? Certainly not the size of a 215 or a 225 like Katona, with his 8.5, almost 9 '' footprint. Just calling a spade a spade. Bottom line, don't change rules for the last race. That's just favoritism

Erin C
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
I'll throw a club out for you since you are calling spades...

Frank Katona was forced to change tires...this "rule" for the last race is not for him since he is REQUIRED to use different tires AND to start a few laps down. (I don't know the exact tires that he has to run but Joe and Josh do).

He wants to race and he was told if he doesn't make the neccessary changes to be legal he needs to change some things (this is where running on different tires and starting a few laps down came from).

The tire rule has been changed for the last race only because this is now 100 laps for the trux and because the track likes to eat the tires so this will help in that aspect a little bit.

AGAIN I STATE...Frank was forced to change his tires and start the race laps down if he wanted to run. I know you didn't know this but you also didn't ask either, assumptions are never good because we all know where that leads to :p

Take a peek at the finish from last race where he ended up...he started a lap down and on different tires and couldn't compete (I believe for the Mutha he is starting 3 laps down). Everybody who races with us in some form or another is our friend...no official is buddy buddy with Frank, no official "hangs out with" Frank, and the only time we hear from him is when he shows up and preregisters. There are a lot more people that officials here are "buddy buddy" with that have been DQ'd before...when it comes down to racing time, no one is our friend and that is the way it should be looked at.

If you want to know exactly what Frank was forced to do in order to run with us you can either contact Joe or Josh because they are the ones that made the ultimate decision.

OK...now to be friendly! I don't mean to sound harsh, Terry, but it is kind of difficult to do our jobs when we are being judged by someone who hasn't been here all season and especially not the last race to see what we have done. But don't worry, I still love ya! I just had to put my "business face" on for my statement!!! :angel:

Now I am sure Joe will come on here and explain it a lot better than I can, but he is studying right now and I didn't want to have false accusations posted up here without the proper explanations stating why it isn't so :)

CJfilms
10-30-2007, 03:36 PM
No Joe will not come on here to explain anything...Erin made Joe come here!

Terry, Frank was told to change his tires in order to take his extreme advantage away from him and level the competition...he did so. Also, we found that Frank had an altered upper arm...Cut and rewelded. Frank claims to not be able to fix this, nor does he have the knowledge to do so himself... I know he isn't lying either. He bought that truck from someone who DOES cheat and did that in order to win...Frank is only out there to win...not cheat. He has been told, at the private trux meeting last race, which you would have had to have been there to witness, he may finish out this season with this setup...starting 1 lap down for each race, 2 laps down for double laps...

The tire issue came up at that meeting... Harry Sager admitted to running a 50 series tire. BUT, his tire met the 7" rule...so, we realized that FROM A LONG TIME AGO...there were two contradicting rules...

No 50 Series tires...and...7" wide max.

The rules are going to be combed through at our rules meeting on December 8th. We will figure this out once and for all and have a set of rules that are openly acceptable and will not contradict each other.

For now, Josh and I agree that the 50 series tires will be acceptable for this upcoming final event...with 100 laps being the distance, the trux are being given a slight chance to breathe... The trux this season have gone through as many tires as the other classes and with half the laps...this is the least we can do to ease this situation.

Also, we are not changing the rules for favoritism...I don't play favorites. I like everyone, but I have no problem throwing you out for cheating. It has been done before this season and will be done again...

As a final note Terry, if you still believe we are playing favorites towards Frank...that last thing we (Frank especially) agreed upon is that he will not be allowed to race with that truck in the 2008 season. Period. He needs to fix everything that is illegal and 'tweaked' before he can even begin to compete for either points or purse. If he wants to come and contribute to the purse with the truck the same way...he will be doing JUST THAT...CONTRIBUTING. He will not take a purse or points with that truck like that next season. And he agreed to this at the TRUX meeting.

Terry, you of all people are a likeable person and you like everyone else too, if there is a problem with a single driver, please come to me personally, email or phone. I do not like pointing out things as such on the forums here making it like Frank is the bad guy... He is a very nice guy...but he has been told that 'nice' doesn't win races.

17Racer
10-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Terry
I personally looked at Woot's tires and they are 7 inches wide.
I know what it's like 1st hand to chase a "legal" car. I did it all year in the thrillers in 2007, and it sucked. I would never change the rules to favor 1 car. Frank will still be starting the race 2 laps down because of the illegal setup on his truck. The tire rule was not changed to suit him.
If he races with 9 inch wide 50 series tires, he will be DQ'ed

The tires are also allowed because in the current TRUX rules, it does not state that 50 series may not be run, and it also does not state that they may be no wider than 7 inches.

Like Joe stated, we will be coming out with a much clearer set of rules for the 2008 season at our rules meeting on Dec 8th.

I am not out to play favorites. I took the Tech Man job in the middle of the 27 trux dispute and late in the season. I am doing the best I can to let everyone finish out the season fairly.

EnduroFromDE
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
By the way, Erin, I might be joining you Trux peeps next year for a limited schedule. I found a little late 80's Mazda Truck for about $250. So I might be in you line up for the Beaters in January...
Hope to see you soon.

Bobby Pease
11-01-2007, 08:24 AM
OK, this first part goes out to TERRY...PLEASE, remember Its the tech guys job to find things on a car/truck that may not comform to the rules, not yours, as you spewed all info on your first post.. You wouldn't want people talking about your truck, and believe me, MANY people can! SO, do yourself a favor, and let the tech man do his job, if this guy Frank passes, tip your hat, as many have done to you..REMEMBER, you can't win them all... AND, if you lose, the other guy isn't always cheating... you know where I'm coming from...

2nd, who cares if the tire is 50, 60 or 70, as long as its 7".....done!

3rd, speed rating?? Let's not worry about speed rating, we aren't on a road course, any DOT tire that is 7" max should be fine!

cyas....BOBBY PEASE

CJfilms
11-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey Bobby...

Hope to CYAS at the MUTHA!

Joey!

Erin C
11-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks Bobby! Your insight is always welcome and appreciated! :)

Somehow you always find the right words to say to keep peace...maybe that is why you are the "Peaseman!!" :angel: