NHIS sold?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7396042

RGeeProductions
11-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Very interesting.
Wonder what's REALLY behind this....

ModTourMan
11-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I had heard/read the rumours. I can't blame him for selling - I guess it was time. He should be proud of what he built and what he brought to the region. I realize that the tracks been been up and running for quite a few years now, but I still think of it as a 'new' track. I remember the excitement we all felt when we heard it would be built. It seems like only yesterday I was there for the first race...my how time flies. There will be some changes for the Mods with the new owners I would think. I hope the Mods are still welcome on a regular basis in the future.

Axel
11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
wonder what this means to the mods?

I was not around in the days when there were 4 events at NHIS (not just cup races) but i wonder if this would open that up a little more?

catfish
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Axel, I am afraid it will go the other way, Bruton seems to want another Vegas date and he could move one of these. I really doubt you would see him expand a schedule in such a remote corner of the racing world(by Cup standards)

Axel
11-01-2007, 01:46 PM
I think NHIS would be a great mod all-star event. A big, late season, all-star type race.

Just wishin' and hopin'...

catfish
11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
about as much of a chance of that happening as it raining pork roll !!!!!!!

Teds Race Tours
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Those Mod/Busch North Stand Alone double headers were awesome. I hope they return!!!!

Jaws
11-04-2007, 11:37 PM
about as much of a chance of that happening as it raining pork roll !!!!!!!

You know its not so far fetched.

Bruton Smith is a very wealthy business man who likes promotions that make money.

How about 30,000-40,000 fans for a 2 day show of Mods and the Busch East.

From what I am hearing on the radio, its not positive that he will move a date to Las Vegas.

He may actually even make changes to the track (Spend money)to make it better.

THe last track he bought to move dates was not selling out, that is not the case at NH.

Lets hope!

Rbemben1
11-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Very interesting.
Wonder what's REALLY behind this....

$$$$, Rich, LOTS & LOTS of $$$$ (And good opportunities to make even more.)

Another Rich