PDA

View Full Version : JR takes himself out

rydogg97
11-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't understand why you would go all the way to the shootout and get yourself taken out for being unsportsmanlike!!! The kid is a great talent!! I love to watch him race when his head is on straight!! It's just a shame that he can't control himself. If he could, the sky would be the limit for him!!

RGeeProductions
11-03-2007, 09:31 AM
JR was put into the wall unnecessarily and retaliated.

rydogg97
11-03-2007, 09:48 AM
RGee, I understand that, but by the same token, some restraint has to be used. The guy is too good to keep doing this. He probably could have won this race.

RGeeProductions
11-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey, I agree with ya!!!
This wasn't the place to act like this....

The Bullfather
11-03-2007, 10:38 AM
What happened on the track that he was taken out? If you have to PM me the answer, feel free!:lol:

Wheel Racing
11-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Straight from the Speed51 update:

"After gaining a few spots on the restart, JR Bertuccio was put in the fence while trying to pass Rowan Pennink on the outside on the frontstretch. It appeared that Pennink possibly didn't know Bertuccio was on his outside coming out of the turn. Under caution Bertuccio pulled up to Pennink's #93, stuffing his racecar into the turn-four inside wall. Now there's a fight! Security is racing to turn-three. Now both drivers are in a heated discussion in turn-four and the crews are there pushing and shoving. A large fight has ensued in the pit area. It is hard to see from atop the press tower what exactly is happening but it is not a pretty sight. Emotions are exploding as both drivers and teams realize their chance of racing in the 5th Annual North-South Shootout may be over."

RGeeProductions
11-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks Neal....

ReptarRacing
11-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Although he has to start dead last, JR will be in the consi today.

SuperShafts
11-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Wow, when the hell does someone get banned? The rules are much too forgiving in oval racing....

Lol.. When will people learn to control themselves someone said? When they're watching races instead of participating..

W. J.
11-04-2007, 12:25 AM
The end of the story is both were slated to start in the non-qualifiers race, and neither did. While it did not award any starting spots in the JBIII Memorial race, it did pay prize money. Out of 13 eligible starters, only 9 took the green to start the race.

The incident that started all this was a racing accident. The end was a vindictive move made UNDER CAUTION. Now you can make a judgment.

smiley27414
11-04-2007, 08:10 AM
It's so funny how you can label this 'JR took himself out'
Bottom line JR is the talent and the show!!!
You can either love him and cheer for him or hate him and boo for him.

RGeeProductions
11-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Its so funny how you can label this jr took himself out
its looks like someone hit him first
why does everyone have to bash jr?
why cant even one leave him alone??
bottom line jr is the talent and the show!!!
You can either love him and cheer for him or hate him and boo for him

HUH?
No one said JR took himself out. It is known he was put into the wall, either being blocked or not seen.
And sorry, but he had no right attacking another car for any reason, PERIOD.
At any track, anywhere, this should not be tolerated and the driver/car put down, PERIOD.

Jaws
11-04-2007, 08:20 AM
I was not there but the actions by Jr. after an incident on the track started a large fight in the pits along with the incident on the track.

Lucky no one was hurt (on and off the track)and both Jr. and Rowan should have been sent home after Friday. (Sorry, JMO and I am sure Jr. fans will not agree with me)

This type of retaliation has to stop. Its happens way too much these days. Someone is going to get hurt badly either on the track or in the pits. Then somebody will be sorry.

wayne
11-04-2007, 08:35 AM
JR is the talent and the show?? What does that mean ?

Gary66
11-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't know any of the drivers involved, I live here in NC and Concord is my home track. Maybe I can give an un-biased opinion on what happened between the 2 and the 93 Friday Night.
I have been going to races at Concord since it was built, in 1982. It was paved in 1986, and the tri-oval was added in 1992. I have seen about 9 out every 10 events ever held at the track.
Having said that, the 2 made a move coming off turn 4 that rarely ends in a good way at Concord. I have seen it tried many, many times thru the years and about everytime, you end up in the wall , because when you try that, you're at at the mercy of the guy in front you knowing you are going to the outside and his spotter. The speeds are so fast at Concord I doubt the best spotter in the world can get it relayed in time to the driver so he knows someone is out on the right rear.
Without sounding like I am jumping on the driver of the 2, in plain language he did drive himself into the wall. I don't see how anyone can say the 93 knew he was trying that and put him in the wall on purpose.
The aftermath was terrible, driving around under caution and running all over a guy and tearing his stuff up is unacceptable, and it lead to the big fight afterwards.
The C and C guys did allow him to race on Saturday, but I would not have, he would have been sent home Friday night for what he did UNDER THE YELLOW.
Hopefully, if this young driver has the talent as said in the above post, he needs to grow up a bit and leave that fighting and bashing stuff alone, that's not good for anybody.
He could learn from the 75 in the same heat race, the 75 got turned into the wall and while he was not happy about it, he acted like a professional and took it in stide.
Like I said, I am un-biased, I don't know anything about any of the drivers involved and I know from many years of experience that he tried a move that rarely works at Concord.

RGeeProductions
11-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Thank you very much for that 'OUTSIDE' view.

Ace
11-04-2007, 11:37 AM
To get thrown out of Mountain 4 weeks ago and now this at the North-South, what will the 2 do for an encore at the Turkey Derby?

sround
11-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Well just my opinion about the whole situation. It's a shame what happened at Concord. I wasn't there to see it, so I'm not gonna talk about that. At Mountain he was up to the guys front tire the guy chops down on him and it's his fault.... Not sure if you were there ACE, but that's what I saw....
Let's not make this topic about Mountain though... Turkey Derby?... He could probably win it, but we'll have to see. Not even sure if he's going.

RacinRob
11-04-2007, 01:19 PM
....wasn't there for the shoot out therefor I won't comment

catfish
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I think that everyone needs to remember its not the action on the track that gets him in trouble, most of the time it is his immature REACTION that gets him in trouble.

An Observer
11-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Sad. Unfortunate behavior.

Turbo
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Sround, I don't think Ace was talking about the racing incident!? As he has been doing a great job racing on the track from what I've seen at the Head...

sround
11-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I agree with all that wrote something on this post after me. He is doin a great job on the track and I will take nothing away from that. His temper does get him into a lot of trouble and once he gets mad, there is nothing that can stop him. Trust me, I know after what happened at Riverhead this year. Everyone see's him in a different way, that's why everyone has their own opinion. He's a very good friend of mine and I will always root for him wherever he races next. JR, I hope you do go to Turkey Derby. If you do go there, then drive the wheels off the car, because I know you've got a chance to win that race.

W. J.
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Going to the Turkey Derby? The Wall promoter was sitting behind me in the pressbox at Concord, and if the comments I overheard mean anything, I'd stay home and enjoy a family get together if I were him. It sounds like they know exactly what they'll do if there are problems.

fisherman
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
And what's that rumor you're starting?

W. J.
11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Not a rumor, just they know what they might expect, and they will not put up with any of that type of behavior.

rydogg97
11-06-2007, 05:57 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Wall has the police patroling there. If so, this is usually a deterent.

W. J.
11-06-2007, 08:20 PM
New Jersey has Police there just like Connecticut and for the same reason; they have the ultimate say on the goings on at the track.

Rich Mergl
11-07-2007, 06:23 PM
If he was never disciplined at Riverhead, how could he know the proper way to react? He is used to reacting in a violent manor without repercussions.

allhailunc
11-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Will you folks be surprised when he eventually seriously injures someone with that car (or worse?)? :disgusted

BIRDNUT
11-08-2007, 10:41 AM
If You People Did Not Have J R To Bash, What Would You Do With Your Lives ?

catfish
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Didn't really see any bashing, pretty much all facts as seen by more then one person

top row crew
11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I WAS IN PITS AT SHOOTOUT, HE'S AN EMBARRASMEANT TO RIVERHEAD. EVEN THE PEOPLE DOWN SOUTH HAVE HEARD ABOUT ALL HIS B.S. I WAS SITTING WITH PEOPLE WHO SAID HE RACED THEM DIRTY IN THAT SPRING RACE ON SOUTHERN TOUR EARLIER THIS YEAR. :lol: :lol:

top row crew
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM
It's so funny how you can label this 'JR took himself out' Bottom line JR is the talent and the show!!! You can either love him and cheer for him or hate him and boo for him.

HE COULD ONLY RUN RIVERHEAD AND THAT'S THAT. NEVER SUCCESSFUL ANYWHERE ELSE.

top row crew
11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
One Other Thing To Add, The Officials At Riverhead Have A lot To Do With Creating That Monster In The 2.

SuperShafts
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
If You People Did Not Have J R To Bash, What Would You Do With Your Lives ?
Better stop slobbering all over it...it's very apparent.

The Bullfather
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
ohhhhhh come on, we've heard of bad boys from other tracks (no names) but you knew who the bad boy was in the NELMA race, why because of past actions. The sk's in Ct. have had their set of bad boys over the years. Reputation follows you! People know who the bad boy was at Wall. It's not a secret and people get mad because it makes their home track and them look bad. But your going to get it no matter where you are! J.R. has had good runs in Fla. and other tracks. As any sport that has a crowd following, they will always find the guy to cheer and the guy to boo! Now most time the guy that is boo'ed has done stuff on more than one occassion to get that treatment. Some guys thrive off being the heel! But almost every track has their bad boy and his reputation procedes him if he goes anywhere else. 60's and 70's the guys who travled with their modifeds, some of thoses guys had reputations follow them around. Some called Spencer and both Fuller brothers the bad boys to all the track they went during the 80's.

JBonsignore
11-08-2007, 05:54 PM
It's a lot easier for you guys to sit here and bash. I am not saying JR is right here, but jump in a modified, especially at Riverhead, and try and get out of the car not wanting to do some of the things he does... everyone does at all tracks from now and then, just JR acts on his thoughts a little more than others! LOL... Either way, the kid is extemely talented, he has the highest winning % at Riverhead and a championship, and to say he doesn't run well at other tracks, he's got a few wins at New Smyrna, it takes BIG $ to run with the tour guys... but that's just my 2 cents and thensome!

Justin Bonsignore

Tower Man
11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey Jam folks...let's end this stupidity. Close this thread and move on. We all know the intensity that JR races with. Yes it needs to be controlled, but that's JR.

Talk about something good.

J.A., W.J....what do you think? Time to close?

RGeeProductions
11-09-2007, 10:33 AM
You got it Joe.....