PDA

View Full Version : 2008

BlingxBling
11-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I am starting to work on the 2008 plans for NELMA, just looking for some input, what would you all like to see for NELMA in 2008?

LM13
11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
More races---maybe one at Oswego [to be able to race twice there in one year would be great]---Riverhead---Holland? Four races with a year end points fund? 100 lap races with a 10 inch open tire rule, soak them if you like but you have to race all hundred laps with what you Q'ed on.[unless you pop one during the race]. All race action on only one day of the weekend. Sat. or Sun. All cars run same stock Holley 500cfm carb on any intake of their chosing. Same weight and percentage rules for all cars. No difference for Fab, or stock clip, or pro stock. No height rule, run as low as you want or can. etc. etc etc.

phil

BlingxBling
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Thank you Phil. I am looking for input from all Late Model drivers out there. Riverhead has a full schedule already, that idea has been declined. Oswego could very well be a possibility. While the main focus is on the October race, especially since it has been so successful. Sponsors will determine how many other races can be brought into the 2008 series. While I am spending the next several days seeking sponsors, if anyone has a company in mind, please get in touch with me.

tstiles
11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Could you get a show at Wall?

LM13
11-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Wall would work. You should set this page up like the others in this forum so you can see that someone posted something new without having to come in and look first. I don't think many people look because under "Last Post", "Threads" and "Posts" there is nothing listed. Fix that and maybe more people will give it a click.

RGeeProductions
11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Whenever you log in here, hit "New Posts" and any new posts, even here, show up.

BlingxBling
11-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Wall, Chemung, Mountain, and MVS are the tracks that I plan to pitch the idea about NELMA making an appearance at their track. MVS had a scheduled show in 2007 until approximately a month prior to the event, we withdrew because of some communication issues. My main focus is building the purse that all of your guys/girls deserve. I posted this in NELMA, because that is what the subject falls under. I hope as much that people do cruise through our forums to check on updates or new information, this is where it will be found!

I will be sure to keep you all up to date on what plans are made for 2008 :-)

W. J.
11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
What about the new track set to open in Tioga in 2008? I've heard it's a half mile paved oval; sounds like something that might help both the track and NELMA if a race could be held there.

BlingxBling
11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
WJ that could very well be a great possibility. I have been somewhat outside the loop, if someone can get me some info on who is in charge, what the name of the track is, etc. I would be definitely interested in seeing what opportunies remain open for the 2008 season.

Fisha695
12-07-2007, 09:27 PM
This may be outside the loop of NELMA, but I would love to see something worked out somehow between MVS & Mountain were there is some kind of Late Model series (one track one week, the other the next) and at the end their would be an MVS champ, a Mountain Champ, and a Mountain-Valley Champ.

Like I said, that is probably outside of the NELMA loop, but I think that if NELMA could come on and take a hold of that, it'd be cool.

-Fisha695-

BlingxBling
12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I think it is a great idea, however, that has been a fighting battle for years. While the tracks are starting to respect each other as far as schedules, no one really knows what the future holds. Although I have been very busy and 2008 seems to be looking better and better each day. The exciting news of MVS's return for 2008 is opening up a great opportunity for the racing series to expand...while the details are being worked out over the next few weeks. I will be sure to update you all once it is 100% secured and in place. :wave:

nymods
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Chemung probably wouldn't get a very good turnout of cars unless you paid a big purse. They don't run Late Models weekly and unless you got a great turnout, I think fans would be disappointed. The Tioga track is supposed to have the Super Late Models as their premier division, so I'm not sure how their rules will compare. Adding a 4-5 race series with a point fund would be great. I think Zane might be interested if the dates work out.

LM13
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
?
test test test

LongIslandJam
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey Phil,

Good to see you around. You going to run with us this year?

LM13
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi JA,
Maybe by the end of the summer. My arm is much better but my hand still has quite a ways to go. I still can't make a fist and it feels like pins and needles yet. Maybe by the end of Aug.
Phil

LongIslandJam
01-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Good to hear you are progressing. Maybe by next fall, you'll be able to race with us. Hope to see you there.

BlingxBling
01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
BUSY BUSY BUSY! Is what I am..however I am meeting up with a track promoter sometime soon to work out some details...no worries you all will be the first to know :-)

chris1332
01-20-2008, 09:28 AM
How about something in Connecticut? Waterford is a great place for Late Model Racing with the track being 3/8 mile and a true 2 groove track, with plenty of room for 3 wide racing.

BlingxBling
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Anything is possible. I am getting familiarized with tracks outside of the PA/NY/NJ area. Any information that you would have on the tracks further up north would certainly be of help. Shoot me an email at asuhoski@nelmaracing.com. Thanks!

For those of you looking for any updates, I do have a meeting planned with Gena, Doug, and Joe next week after the rules meeting to finish up the details for our trip to MVS in 2008. :-)

RGeeProductions
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
What happened with Spencer?

BlingxBling
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Honestly, when I switched emails from pt to nelma...I lost the contact info...eek..:wave:

RGeeProductions
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
John White's cell number is on the Spencer Speedway webpage.

figure849
01-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Please take into concideration riverheads figure8 schedule as well. We are always interested in running as many NELMA races as possible.

BlingxBling
01-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Richie...thanks buddy! Sometimes the blonde and polish stand out more...lol..I will see what we can do for 2008...

Figure849...I can see what I can do, honestly my biggest focus is not to make any conflictions within the Late Model division. If I were to take all divisions into consideration..well you know where that would leave me as far as a schedule....not much at all.

RGeeProductions
01-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry there Blingy...
We had MANY conversations about Spencer a long time ago so figured it was handled.....