PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Riverhead Schedule

RacinRob
11-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Can somebody please post a copy of the schedule for the 08 season when they get a chance...If possible I'm curious about the Blunderbust's amount of races and dates off....Thanks

Tracy87BB
11-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Rob, it's linked on the front page below the North-South Shootout coverage...

Here's the link: http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2007/newsmain/news110407b.htm

RacinRob
11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks Tracy 19 blunderbust races?! :disgusted Man o man, is this going to be one expensive season!

LongIslandJam
11-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Some interesting scheduling notes:

Modifieds (18 shows) - 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24, 5/31 50-DP, 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28, 7/5 50-DP, 7/12, 7/19 77-lap, 7/26, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23, 8/30, 9/6 50-DP
Late Models (13 shows) - 5/3, 5/10, 5/17 50-DP, 5/24, 5/31, 6/7 50-DP, 6/14, 6/28, 7/12, 7/26, 8/9, 8/16 50-DP, 9/6
Chargers (16 shows) - 5/3, 5/10 30-DP, 5/17, 5/24, 5/31 30-DP, 6/7, 6/21, 6/28, 7/5, 7/26, 8/2 30-DP, 8/9, 8/16, 8/30, 9/6, 9/13 30-lap
Figure 8's (14 shows) - 5/3, 5/10 25-DP, 5/17, 5/31, 6/7 25-DP, 6/14, 6/21, 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 8/9 25-DP, 8/23, 9/6, 9/13 25-lap
Blunderbusts (18 shows) - 5/3, 5/10, 5/17 30-DP, 5/24, 5/31 30-DP, 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, 8/2 30-DP, 8/16 30-DP, 8/23, 8/30, 9/6, 9/13 30-lap
Super Pro Trucks (15 shows) - 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, *5/25, 6/7, 6/14, *6/15, 6/28, 7/19, 7/26, *8/10, 8/30, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20
Legends Cars (8 shows) - *5/4, 5/10, 5/17, *5/25, *6/15, 6/28, *8/10, *8/31
4/6-cyl Truck Enduros - *5/4, *5/25, 5/31, *6/15, *8/10, *8/31, 9/20
Grand Enduros - *5/4, *5/25, *6/15, 7/12, *8/10, *8/31, 9/20
4-cylinder Enduros - *5/4, *5/25, *6/15, 7/19, *8/10, *8/31, 9/20
6-cylinder Enduros - *5/4, *5/25, *6/15, 7/26, *8/10, *8/31, 9/20
8-cylinder Enduros - *5/4, *5/25, *6/15, 8/2, *8/10, *8/31, 9/20
EKRA Exhibition - 6/14
Miller Lite NWMT Race - 8/2
Memory Lane Cars & Stars - 8/24
Monster Trucks - 8/30 & 8/31

For those who follow by division, I hope this is helpful.

Jaws
11-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Nice to see the schedule posted and all the classes are back including a Tour race in August.

Thought we might have seen a ROC race next year.

I wish there were more Sat night Legend shows (only 3 of 8 on Sat night) but I guess that will be in 2009 if all goes well next year.

LEAD LAP
11-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Trucks are racing June 14th AND June 15th ????????
Saturday Night AND Sunday Day ?????????????

LongIslandJam
11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Good question, we'll check that out.

Tracy87BB
11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
LEAD LAP, I did double-check the schedule that was given out last night (I re-typed it around 4 this morning, so I figured it WAS entirely possible that I made an error), but that is what is printed. They used to do it years ago...as it says on the schedule, though, it is "subject to change." If we receive notification of any changes, we will be sure to post it right here on the Jam to let you all know.

WEEZER
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

unowho243
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
No more Spectator drags every week? That was fun!

nobandwagonhere
11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
So much for Grands every other Sat. too.:help:

Ace
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM
This past summer we wrote on here for more races in 2008. Now the schedule is out, we have more BB, SPT and Charger races than last year.:applause: The Legends are back for 2008 and I see people STILL complaining, now we have too many races , the legends don't have enough.:mad:
I just want to thank Barbara and Jim for the extra races and for giving us a place to race.:applause: :applause: :applause:

SuperShafts
11-06-2007, 01:03 AM
No more Spectator drags every week? That was fun!

Maybe it's back to Sunday's....

How come none of you guy's came out to anything we had going on....Remember to vote tomorrow...Stark , Buckley and Wooten.

What does the * denote on some of those dates?

SuperShafts
11-06-2007, 01:06 AM
This past summer we wrote on here for more races in 2008. Now the schedule is out, we have more BB, SPT and Charger races than last year.:applause: The Legends are back for 2008 and I see people STILL complaining, now we have too many races , the legends don't have enough.:mad:
:

You think that's enough racing? Maybe if you like to sit in the stands, or have a M, LM, BB, CGR, F8, SPT, ED

Ace
11-06-2007, 06:17 AM
SS. Like I SAID, I'm happy for the the extra races in the SPT and Charger divisions!!!!

LongIslandJam
11-06-2007, 06:53 AM
SuperShafts - the * means a Sunday show.

And Ace, you're right, you can't please everyone.

But if you take a step back and think logically, there's a reasoning.

Modifieds & Blunderbusts SHOULD have the most shows. They've got the best car counts and they are the premiere and entry-level divisions of the track.

Super Pro Trucks have 15, which is the ideal amount. The Trucks seem to be the division that if you want to run a late model-type car but don't have the funds, this is the division. 15 shows is the right amount.

Chargers have 16, which I think is generous. Let's see if they get the car count to back that, I hope so, as there's many cars for sale.

Figure 8's are 14 shows and Late Models at 13 is good as well. It's all about car counts and if there's not enough cars, all you are doing is putting on a parade, not a race.

Legends Cars at 8 is a good test. I think the test will go very well, and who knows. If you get 40 cars, as a promoter, I would be very tempted to add more shows for them if the results are overwhelming.

Enduros are right. Grands should have that limited of schedule, in my opinion. Most of the drivers in the Grands race them because they don't have the funds or the time to race more than on a monthly basis. If you want to race more, there's a Blunderbust division.

Just shedding more insight;)

SuperShafts
11-06-2007, 09:28 AM
SS. Like I SAID, I'm happy for the the extra races in the SPT and Charger divisions!!!!

Chargers have 16, which I think is generous. Let's see if they get the car count to back that, I hope so, as there's many cars for sale.
15 and 16 uses of the car a year. I'm looking at it from a driver/owner use point of view, 15 or 16 times you get to use it. That may be the car count issue right there, I can't see dropping 70K+ to build a car to use 15 times.

I thought the * was gonna mean something worse like no rain dates or something

Figure 8's are 14 shows and Late Models at 13 is good as well. It's all about car counts and if there's not enough cars, all you are doing is putting on a parade, not a race.
A race is more than 1 vehicle in a contest of speed, and can even be against the clock solo. If there are 10 cars or 30, it's still a race, from the point of view of parade, more cars just means more cars at the back, and in the case of RR, more issues and more long, long, long, parade lap yellows.

I would rather watch 2 or 3 cars close all day than watch 30 having a demolition derby at speed and ruining the racing between the other 2 or 3.

LongIslandJam
11-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I understand your point of view Supershafts, but ultimately you've got to put on a show for fans.

9 cars in single-line crashing every lap somehow, is not exciting but really boring (I think we agree on this). You can race against the clock, but that's like watching paint dry (time trials are a boring but necessary evil, and shouldn't be considered a "show"). You can race each other in a one-on-one drag with racecars, but then you have drag racing, which isn't the point of oval track racing. A one-on-one grudge match would be cool in some divisions, but it's not the show for short track racing.

The initial cost for many drivers and teams is not the real issue. It's the weekly cost of tires, fuel, entry fees, etc. that really hurt. Plus, having to fix a car if it gets wrecked (which on a quarter-mile, contact is inevitable). Less races can equal better racing, as it provides those with a set monthly income (which is most of us) to afford to race. More cars provides the opportunity of clearing some of the slower and unstable cars out of there. It's the laws of probability.

Let's say, in a given field, on average you have 75% that can put on a great show and give you good racing. Out of 12 cars you have all that make it, and you have 9 cars that race ok, 3 moving hazards. If you get 30 cars, that's 23 cars that race ok, all the moving hazards go home in a field of 20. You get even better racing. It makes the show more exciting, as qualifying means something. You create excitement, and creating excitement is good for both drivers and fans. It makes them want to come back, and that's what you call generating fans, teams, and income for the track.

Tracy87BB
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Just as a clarification (as the question was asked in another area of the forum): the Blunderbust double point race for May 31st has been dropped. The division was given 4 double point races on the schedule, instead of the usual 3. I am awaiting clarification to find out whether the division will run a single point 20 lap feature that night, or whether they will be off. I will keep everyone posted.

Keep in mind that the schedule that was distributed Saturday night is "subject to change," and the season is still a long way off. We may still see additional changes, adjustments, etc. We at the Jam will keep you up-to-date in the event that something changes.

I will make the necessary change to the schedule that is linked on the front page tonight. Thanks for your patience.

Tracy87BB
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Per Bob Finan's "Eye on Riverhead," May 31st is a 20 lap single point race for the Blunderbust division.

nobandwagonhere
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Enduros are right. Grands should have that limited of schedule, in my opinion. Most of the drivers in the Grands race them because they don't have the funds or the time to race more than on a monthly basis. If you want to race more, there's a Blunderbust division.

Just shedding more insight;)

Just for the record, the track came to us (Grand Drivers) and asked if we would be willing to run a "Limited" Sat. night schedule for 2008. Meaning 1 Sat. a month or every other Sat. We said yes. They said it will be announced. Which was the reasoning for letting us get practices towards the end of the year (supposedly). That's the only reason I asked. But thanks.

LongIslandJam
11-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Gotcha Boom Boom... Thanks for the additional info:)

hollywoodmic
11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Super Shafts, what Charger car have ever heard of costing 70K ????

I think the schedule is great, again I think they gave the competitors what the competitors gave back. Not many Late Modles = Not many shows. I think they were pretty good to the Charger teams, they didn't have many cars this year. At the end of the day, I'm just glad we have a schedule at all for 2008.

RGeeProductions
11-07-2007, 09:46 AM
My buddy runs a drag car.
He usually picks 5-7 main events to run a year and has same $$$$ vested as a Charger @ Riverhead.
15-16 races at Riverhead are a lot compared to drags.
70k? I would complain too, I guess, if only 15-16 races for that much put into a Charger.
Would pick 30 cars racing side by side, first heats, then consi, then feature over 1 on 1, break bracket or lose and then it's over ANY DAY!!!
Maybe they should add a consi to drags....LOL...
BTW: I have been out to what you guys have had, and
Vote was cast: Cardinale, Buckley, Wooten.....

SuperShafts
11-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Super Shafts, what Charger car have ever heard of costing 70K ????
I didn't say a charger was 70k, I said if I was driver/owner, I wouldn't be happy about limited runs after dropping 70k. I wasn't talking about owning a Charger car, I was giving a reason for low car counts in LM div...and I stand by that. I wouldn't use that time and money for 15 - 16 uses. Again, I wouldn't spend 70k to use it few times. Gotta keep in mind my road car and drag car can both be driven to work tomorrow, can't do that with a Mod or a LM or any other car running oval races other than spec drags, which for me is a DD.

My buddy runs a drag car.
He usually picks 5-7 main events to run a year and has same $$$$ vested as a Charger @ Riverhead.
15-16 races at Riverhead are a lot compared to drags.
How do you figure...if there was still a drag track here we could run umpteen times in a day and 3 days a week, if not 4 in 2 months. There is more use and racing than Riverhead for the year. Not to mention when dragging you do it till the track is covered in snow, wet or below 30 degrees..anything else and you are running. You can also rent the tracks.
Also drags can be done for far less, or far more then oval racing, and that all depends how fast you want to go.
Drag tracks operate 4 times a week, Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun...

Would pick 30 cars racing side by side, first heats, then consi, then feature over 1 on 1, break bracket or lose and then it's over ANY DAY!!!
Maybe they should add a consi to drags....LOL...

As for adding to drags, if you break a bracket on something at RR, it's over and you lose, or did you mean running under index in bracket racing.
Either way it doesn't matter, then don't run brackets if you don't know how to do it, many other classes in drags than 5 classes, and you could run 2 if the car works for both doubling your time per weekend.
Besides when you get 1 crack at it, you learn to not screw up and be perfect.
Another thing is no fighting, and your entire family is allowed in the pits anytime all the time, no licenses, no ages, come on in sit down and enjoy..
Sucks going to the track and leaving the family behind a fence, another reason I wouldn't get involved with a car at RR, and I would believe that adds to the low car count also. How many guy's feel that way about the pits rule?

SuperShafts
11-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Matter of fact Tommy Rogers was selling his 5 car.....at what I still believe is a awesome price.... When I walked away from him that day I even contemplated buying it...
Then I thought what the hell would I do with it....I would have another car to house, can't register is use it on the street ever, it can only be used at the track. The track that only operates from march to Oct 28 times, can't bring my kids with me to help or even stand around, the wife can't come because then she is stuck behind a fence somewhere else....
So I tried to think of how it could work....it couldn't unless I wanted to be alone for a few more years till they're old enough...So there is low car count for you.

DriveitinDeep
11-07-2007, 11:53 AM
As far as the LM's go, we're lucky that they brought them back after the poor turn out of cars in '07. 13 shows beats ZERO shows. Look at it this way; 13 shows allows you to race pretty much full time and still enjoy some weekends off. This also allows some of the cars that have been sitting at home a better shot at running a whole season, since it was cut back to lucky 13. It would also help if the tire situation is corrected and maybe a limit on how many new tires you can use a week, as suggested by J Rod. We'll see.
Anybody have a handle yet as to who is doing the tires in '08?

Jaws
11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I know racers want to race, but giving a division less shows, gives them a chance to grow as a division.

Less races, less crashes, less wear and tear on the cars, less yearly cost hopefully more cars per race.

If a Late Model at Riverhead wants to race more often and can afford to, Mountain and other tracks are only a couple of hours away.

SuperShafts
11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
If a Late Model at Riverhead wants to race more often and can afford to, Mountain and other tracks are only a couple of hours away.
That's why there is a need for more than 1 track on Long Island.

SuperShafts
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
As far as the LM's go, we're lucky that they brought them back after the poor turn out of cars in 07.
What were some of the reasons for the poor turn outs?

Tracy87BB
11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm sure every driver who wasn't there has their own reasons, but one sentiment I heard from several people related to a lack of funds...or, more accurately, a lack of funds to run competitively. No one wants to spend the time and money to come out and be a "road cone," so to speak. That may be part of the reason behind the track arranging the schedule the way they did...taking Mods out of the equation (because they are the feature division), Blunderbusts - at least in theory - have the lowest cost per week to run. Makes sense, then, to give them the most shows. Take the divisions that have suffered from low turnouts (such as the LM and Chargers) and give them a couple of shows less...that way, maybe more guys can come out (theory is that if everyone is buying four tires a week and you can only afford two a week, you won't be competitive running your two tires vs. everyone else's four...but if you all run every other week, then you'll have the money for four tires just as your competition does). I think that a lot of the suggestions that have been posted deserve at least some thought (i.e., limiting the number of tires, perhaps even considering tires with a different compound as they have done at some other tracks). In terms of scheduling, though, it will be interesting to see if this stimulates higher car counts in 2008.

Ace
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Super Shafts

One minute you're responding to my post about the Chargers getting 16 races with a cost of 70k. Hollywoodmic questions you about your statement and you respond by then saying LM.

I don't know of any LM's at Riverhead costing 70k.

The pit rule has been like that since I've been going to the track in the mid 80's. It's a NASCAR rule.

Like Hollywood said, the schedule is great and let's be thankful that we have a track here on LI to still race.

W. J.
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Poor turnouts have many reasons, among them economics, disatisfaction with track politics, personal feuds with other drivers, wanting more time with family, and on and on and on and on....
The desire to race usually cures most of the above, but not always, and cars sit for way too long. Consistant rules enforcement might cure some of the problem, and we have to see if this year brings a better environment in that area than in the past.
As far as young children in the pits, it's a dangerous place for all, more so for kids that may not pay the proper attention to what is going on around them. The last thing any of us want to do is visit a kid in the hospital (or funeral home!) just because some don't like the idea of them being kept on the "safe side" of the fence.

SuperShafts
11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Super Shafts

One minute you're responding to my post about the Chargers getting 16 races with a cost of 70k. Hollywoodmic questions you about your statement and you respond by then saying LM.

I don't know of any LM's at Riverhead costing 70k.

I am responding to days of use, 16 times of use vs money spent

Ok, if were gonna get specific on pricing...if I looked at a used turn key LM, I think a month ago, and IT WAS $35k, what would a new one cost? In my experience of building cars none of them come in below $50k. What does a new Mod cost?

The pit rule has been like that since I've been going to the track in the mid 80's. It's a NASCAR rule.
let's be thankful that we have a track here on LI to still race

I don't agree with that pit rule, I have been using tracks that we never have issues with kids in the pits...only ovals.

Don't be thankful, make sure you make it happen...

As far as young children in the pits, it's a dangerous place for all, more so for kids that may not pay the proper attention to what is going on around them. The last thing any of us want to do is visit a kid in the hospital (or funeral home!) just because some don't like the idea of them being kept on the "safe side" of the fence.
Never seen a kid get hurt in the pits unless they were climbing on something...you stand a better chance of a kid falling off the stands and getting hurt than in the pits...
Everyones kid here probably plays in the street....95% of Long Island doesn't have sidewalks, they ride their bikes with cars going buy...not idling by.
Anyway it doesn't matter, like I said, it is a reason for turn out..

DriveitinDeep
11-08-2007, 10:11 AM
What LM did you look at that someone wanted 35G's for? If you were to buy that, I have a bridge you might be interested in.

SuperShafts
11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
It was a complete car, and a 08 body on townsend 04 frame.
But like I said, I don't need something else to keep me away from my family.
We need another facility.

DriveitinDeep
11-08-2007, 10:29 AM
35 grand will get you a new complete car with a new top shelf engine. You should be able to pick up a good competitive LM car for anywhere from 10-15 grand (unfortunately, the resale value is not there) depending on how bad someone wants to sell out.

SuperShafts
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
35 grand will get you a new complete car with a new top shelf engine. You should be able to pick up a good competive LM car for anywhere from 10-15 grand (unfortunately the resale value is not there) depending on how bad someone wants to sell out
The last 2 I looked at I still believe were good for what they were, including TR's #5... After thinking it over and things being what they are, I wouldn't do it. 1 big reason is the issue of having my kids with me, 2 I like to stretch out.
I'll hold out till we get the RC proposal in, and then I'll think about it again, if for anything, just to run a road course with them...but with the way things are now, I wouldn't, it's not for me like that.

W. J.
11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Kids riding bikes around the streets of Long Island is dangerous enough.

If you've ever witnessed the way some cars are driven through the pits, you'd understand why I think the age limit in the pits is a good thing.

debbie33
11-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Down South the tracks will allow children in the pits, but you must sign an accident waiver.

LEAD LAP
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
W.J. WRITES: "If you've ever witnessed the way some cars are driven through the pits, you'd understand why I thinks age limits are a good thing."

Why is this allowed to happen ? By the way, the same goes for fights, retaliation, intentional wrecking, etc., etc., etc.

I'll bet the track(s) that allow minors in the pits are the same tracks that know how to keep their fans, teams, and drivers under control.

LongIslandJam
11-08-2007, 03:10 PM
While there could be better restraints on some certain issues (fighting and speeding, etc.); in my opinion kids should never be allowed in the pits, as its dangerous enough without the aforementioned. Yes it stinks having to have your kids in the stands, but I'd rather force folks to pay for a babysitter than a hospital visit or funeral.

Tracks that allow minors in, must have good insurance, at least I hope they do, or a good lawyer.

SuperShafts
11-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Tracks that allow minors in, must have good insurance, at least I hope they do, or a good lawyer.
Like I said, not 1 incident ever...with 3 times the activity and much, much more cars...

W. J.
11-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Bottom line here is that it is a NASCAR rule, long standing, and no one knows how many accidents were prevented by it, but I'm sure many would be a good guess. I seriously doubt the car couns are adversely affected by this rule, and we all know there are many other reasons for that situation.

LongIslandJam
11-08-2007, 07:44 PM
SuperShafts, are we comparing drag strips to short tracks, or short tracks to short tracks. That does make a difference with the atmosphere...

fastgal
11-08-2007, 09:07 PM
We have what is termed hot pits at Riverhead, where cars come in and get "serviced" and get back out on the track. At a drag strip, once the run is over, there is no big rush to stage again.... even on test and tune days.

tstiles
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm the first one to complain about something when it comes to my son getting a fair shake in this world. However, on an issue concerning safety, I will say this: The riverhead pits are not the place for a little kid. It's too dangerious, unless you're going to carry him/her all night. But let's be real, that's not happening and the track officials know it. example; I had to pick up parts from Dennis last year, and I happened to be with my son.We strolled over to the back pit gate, intending on quickly picking up the parts from Dennis' trailer. The official at the back gate said no kids but, ended up walking us to Dennises trailer and back while I was pushing my son in the stroller. I know how the pits can be on a Saturday night and I was grateful he thought of my sons safety enough to walk us. I'm sorry if I offend anyone on this, but you have to be an idiot parent to want to push toward your child being allowed in riverheads pits on a Saturday night. Wrong racetrack, period. And let's wonder where the track would be if we let kids in the pits and one gets killed from a Mod or a LM or a Charger during a tire change. Who's fault would it really be???? i got it! The parent. for letting him/her in a danger zone to begin with. Not the driver. The driver waits all week to be able too race in a controlled enviornment. then the idiot parent would try to sue. Then the track would close down. Let's not think about letting kids in the pits ok?? Anyone for it needs theirehead examined or could care less about their kids.

JBonsignore
11-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Most tracks that allow kids in the pits are ones with separate pit roads for "live pitstops", not all but most, like New Smyrna and Concord, two tracks where minors are allowed in.

SuperShafts
11-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm comparing RC's and DS's to ST's or BT's.
As for the comment on hot pitting....well then explain to me why there are umpteen laps under yellow...can't be that hot if it takes that long to change a tire.
Continuing with the hot pitting and comparing a RC and DS....it's 1 car...possibly 5 for a tire coming in... Not 30, at an RC, it's considerably less movement in the pits either during the race or after or practice....a DS has cars moving every second and more than 1, I can even go to the lanes with the kids..
I have plenty of faith at those places that I'm around professional drivers and none of them, and I mean none of them, are gonna run any of my kids over...at anytime, anywhere
As per not being in a rush at a DS....you really need to watch a little more closely next time....most times between rounds you've got 60 minutes...if the fields are light. If the fields are heavy, you might have 30 minutes...30 minutes to get the clutch reset, the valves, susp, and a few other things depending on set up's...
Like I said earlier, not 1 incident anytime, ever.

The Bullfather
11-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I can say that in the pits of a DS, they do run around a lot. Maybe the cars aren't zooming in and out of the pits, but activity is just as much around as a circle track. Cars are always being worked on, being pushed/pulled around. You have to keep an eye out just as much as an oval track. I can understand keping the kids out of pits for safety reasons. But to compare the pit activities and what goes on, it about the same as far as keeping your eyes open and making sure your safe and not caught in a bad situtation.

catfish
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Then the result of this is we won't be seeing you in the pits and at the end of a long topic nothing has changed from your first post as you see no ones opinion but your own. There are obviously people who understand and accept the pit rules as they are, and hopefully this is the end of beating the crap out of this old horse while he is still breathing a little bit. Now what was this thread about anyway ?

LongIslandJam
11-09-2007, 04:22 PM
You have a good point catfish,

I don't even remember what the original intent of this post was. Therefore, this thread has gone off course and is closed.