PDA

View Full Version : north south shootout

realist
11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I have attended all 5, (3 as a crew member). Something has to be done to condense the schedule. 8am to 11pm is a long day for crew members and drivers, hard to have a good time with that long of a day. plus every eating place shuts down at 11pm except 1 or 2. too much practice!, forces car owners to spend money. I hope this race continues to be successful, but the schedule may chase some people away.

jfp711
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
IMO, What will hurt the North South event in addition to what you spoke of Realist is the officiating of the Event, When the drivers meeting takes place & it was told to ALL TEAM OWNERS, CREWS & DRIVERS you have to weight 2600 lbs, no weight break for anybody and I quote " if you cross the scales at 2599 your done " and the winner of the SK modified race is 20lbs light and you can't protest because your told " I'm NOT accepting your protest because I'LL FIND SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAR " IMO is just wrong, I think it's a real shame that C&C put's on a great show, it's a great turn out in the stands, car counts ect. and not to be consistant in the way the race is officiated is a big injustice to the whole race. Because when the teams stop supporting this great event over BAD calls it only hurts the indegridty of the event.

Woody Pit-Gate gets put to the back after the #6 drives him to the flat in turn one and spins the #6. When the #12 just flat out drives into the leader of the race same turn spins out the leader he maintains the lead, I know for a fact that there were some pissed off car owners, drivers, & crew members for the way Brooksie handled the race calls, yes I know most of bitc*** was in the SK race and not the Modified race, it was still a terriable job on the whole officiating crew.

And for the record, I think the world of Showtime, Rocco, Pit-Gate & TC each one of them I call friends, It was just a real bad job to the whole officiating crew, terriable.

As for the Modifieds, Great race, Pit-Gate did an outstanding job the last 10- 15 laps to hang on to a top 10 finish with an obvious loose car, Hirshy, Beer-Can & Santos put on a great show for the win. Lia also did a great job after getting pounded into the fench to get a top 10, man just so many great runs by some of the best in the business.

Fkraft99
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
i dunno if u were at the drivers meeting u heard brooksie say u must 2600 after the race.... " UNLESS we get a lot of cautions, then i'll have to take a look at whats what" everyone else screamed but all u ever heard out of brooksie was we'll see... im thinking 67 laps of caution in a 50 lap race would qualify as alot. so if the 12 was light i think it would have to fall under the latter part of brooksie statement. there was no quote of 2599 and ur done... i believe the quote was " as long as your "close" to 2600" and they everyone complained but brooksie never said anything like 2599 and ur done.

ThE sHaDoW
11-05-2007, 06:19 PM
i dunno if u were at the drivers meeting u heard brooksie say u must 2600 after the race.... " UNLESS we get a lot of cautions, then i'll have to take a look at whats what" everyone else screamed but all u ever heard out of brooksie was we'll see... im thinking 67 laps of caution in a 50 lap race would qualify as alot. so if the 12 was light i think it would have to fall under the latter part of brooksie statement. there was no quote of 2599 and ur done... i believe the quote was " as long as your "close" to 2600" and they everyone complained but brooksie never said anything like 2599 and ur done.

yup, what Freddie said. I never heard the 2599 and you're done thing either. he did say if you were close and there were alot of cautions, then we'll see, and the whole crowd groaned.

skmod81
11-05-2007, 06:59 PM

So I guess next year just show up light and you'll be fine. How a bout a head cc here and there. assanine

ThE sHaDoW
11-05-2007, 08:25 PM
So I guess next year just show up light and you'll be fine. How a bout a head cc here and there. assanine

you want some cheese with that whine?

LAP66
11-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Wow......you sound like a child. You lost, Jimmy won, get over it.

jfp711
11-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey, all I know is Brooksie said 2600lbs, also fact 20 lbs light is still 20 lbs light. Show some consistancey that's all I was saying. Fact pitgate goes to the back after contact with the leader why not the #12 ????? I don't believe I'm whining, just asking some realaistic questions. I think the officiating SUCKED!!!.

Coby, man I hate the bad luck, looked like you had a decent hot-rod, hopefully something will open up for you in 2008, keep in touch

ThE sHaDoW
11-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Hey, all I know is Brooksie said 2600lbs, also fact 20 lbs light is still 20 lbs light. Show some consistancey that's all I was saying. Fact pitgate goes to the back after contact with the leader why not the #12 ????? I don't believe I'm whining, just asking some realaistic questions. I think the officiating SUCKED!!!.

Coby, man I hate the bad luck, looked like you had a decent hot-rod, hopefully something will open up for you in 2008, keep in touch

I wasn't calling you a sore looser. I was talking to the skmod81 child.

Doug had a decent car until something in the rear end broke ending his run for the day.

jfp711
11-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Right On Shadow, my bad thought you firing at me, I know we have been on opposite sides of the fence in the past.
I think Doug did a good job after missing a shift and keeping that thing off the fence, I've said this before that kid should be fulltime tour driver. His head is soooo much in the game compared to some of them cats, just my opinion.

holleratme
11-06-2007, 06:07 PM
nss is like being at new srymra ,way to long ever day

gomodsgo
11-09-2007, 09:20 PM
a dude by the name of Chris Zacharias saw my DIRTY back window and thought that it would be a great place to draw first thing Saturday morning.

Well, needless to say, the drawing stayed there till this past Tuesday morning when it rained. It was an awesome drawing and I know that Jim Dupont took a shot, and said he was going to post it, but I can't wait any longer.

Linda
11-10-2007, 08:51 AM
That is awesome!! What talent to be able to sketch that out in such a short time. Would take me days...LOL. Thanks for sharing the photo with us...it's a really nice tribute to John.