PDA

View Full Version : NSS How were the Supers?

Axel
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
I was planning to go earlier this year, since I love the supers. But personal comittments kept me away this year (again.)

The mod race sounded pretty good. How were the supers? Looked like a bit of a shocker not to see Chris Perley win.

W. J.
11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
The Supers were in a word, SUPER. Scary fast as expected, hard to follow, and there was some controversy over 'tire issues' between East and West coast factions, one of the reasons Chris probably didn't take the win. I'll let someone who has more info fill in the 'tire issue' end of things.

gomodsgo
11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Don't know about the tires, but the race was awesome..... and to watch the #7 of Russell win (yes, I am a perley fan) was AWESOME!!!!!! He drove his butt off and earned that win!!!!

Hope the super that wrecked in practice is ok. They announced on Saturday that he was being released on Sunday.

And just have to say... the track crew, although I am sure they did they best they could, really needed to step up their game. Very slow and lots of unnecessary caution laps.

MOD JUNKIE
11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
The hole weekend was great, this race is getting bigger each year. I went every day and helped a driver in the pits nothing big [cleaned the car and took tire pressure thurs n fri.] watched the racing sat. up in turn four stands. But I havn,t seen the supers in twenty some years at thompson now that we live in nc. they are something to see from the pits coming off the tri-oval WOW! Great show all around and to think nascar has nothing to do with it HMMM!

ThE sHaDoW
11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I was planning to go earlier this year, since I love the supers. But personal comittments kept me away this year (again.)

The mod race sounded pretty good. How were the supers? Looked like a bit of a shocker not to see Chris Perley win.

WOW comes to mind.

KyleMac45
11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
The Race was awsome... Thank God Perley did not win

Tooner
11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I thought it was a great race. Yes, the yellows took a long time to clean up, but once they got going, if you watched the 7 charge through the field, that was good, clean racing. Once Perley got to 2nd, then the fans around me said "now it is going to be an East - West shootout" and it was, but the 7 was too strong and won. I thought they were great.