PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Bush

Fat Albert
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
With all the talk about Jimmy Blewitts' win and Jrs' adventures, it seems no one took notice of Johnny Bushs' fine run. He battled hard for a 13th place finish and was knocking on the door for a top ten. You could have thrown a blanket over 7th thru 15th. But his strong run to qualify in the consi was the talk of the pit area. Nice job Johnny!

From The Speed 51 website....

Saturday, 1:57pm ET - The Consi races are on the track. Here's the scoop. Two Consis - three cars transfer from each.

Saturday, 2:10pm ET - Billy Pauch, Jr leads Ted Christopher. Right now Brian Pack holds on to the final transfer spot.

Ted Christopher leads the race over Billy Pauch, Jr. Johnny Bush has hopped into the transfer spot with the packed house at Concord on their feet watching his charge.

Saturday, 2:15pm ET - John Manno spins in turn two. The leaders had to pass the car as it sat in the middle of the track. The yellow flag was never thrown. The leaders slowed in turn three because they assumed the yellow was out. This caused a log-jam that nearly resulted in a multi-car chain reaction crash.

Saturday, 2:20pm ET - Ted Christopher makes his way into the field by winning the first of two consi races. Billy Pauch, Jr and "underdog" Long Island racer Johnny Bush take the other transfer spots. Frank Fleming nearly wrecked with two to go after contact from the bumper of JR Bertuccio.

(http://www.51sportsracing.com/2007_stories/Mods_Other/TracksideNow_11-07_NSS_Saturday.html)

W. J.
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Johnny's run was spectacular, and I have to apologize for not including it in my story. We were pulling for him up in the press box, and there was a collective cheer up there when the race ended and he'd secured a spot in the feature.

It is a shame that the other antics overshadowed a great run by a truly nice guy.

I also forgot to mention that George's nephew did both the Canadian and American National Anthems before the races on both days, and did a really great job, singing both acappella.

TruValueRacer
11-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Congrats on the solid run Johnny, wish I was there to cheer you on, you needed that after such a hard luck year. Also, congrats to Bruce and the crew.

JBonsignore
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
That was an awesome showing Johnny put on in the consi, he raced his way in against some of the best, and to stay outta trouble and get a top 15 against those guys in the feature, was even better! Congrats!

Justin Bonsignore

Ace
11-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats Johnny and team with a great showing at the NSS!!

mccoystax
11-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Nice piece about Johnny's run on Speed 51's Shootout leftovers today. It had some good things to say about a good local racer.

Tower Man
11-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Johnny Bush is a class act. One of the last remaining old time racers who just goes out and races to have fun. Good to see he had such a good run. Never gives anyone any trouble, no fighting and a pleasure to talk to before and after the races.

top row crew
11-10-2007, 01:02 PM
It was nice to see the 68 had a good run. For anybody who's never been to the shootout yet, it's a great event. Nice run Johhny.:cheers:

Bushman
11-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks everybody for your support. We had a lot of bad luck this year and needed a run like this. I would like to thank my crew, who never gave up on me or themselves. Bruce Miglino, John Gibile, Mike Hall, Steve Mehner, John & George Mead.

We will continue to try to represent Long Island racers the best we can anywere we go
Thanks again Longisland Jam JOHNNY BUSH