PDA

View Full Version : Monster trucks on 2008 schedule

tstiles
11-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Just really want to say thanks for having the monster trucks back for 08. It was a tough one explaining to a 3 y/o mini me that the monster trucks were not coming to town. My son loves them. Thanks again Bob Finan and who ever else made it happen.

Tower Man
11-08-2007, 01:19 PM
It appears the schedule is going back to what once was. More races, the Legends, Monster Trucks etc...

It looks like 2008 will be fun.

fastgal
11-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Kudos to the powers that be that have added to the schedule. Hopefully, like this past year, we will see plenty of fans in the stands.

unowho243
11-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Looks like its going to be a great year guys, can't wait!

Tower Man
11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I agree, fans in the stands. If each team got 2 more people to attend and they brought 2 people, the place would be packed.

I have an idea. The track can offer each team discounted tickets that we could sell and use the money to buy, let's say, TIRES and Fuel. The place would be full, and the teams could make some money to offset the cost.

tstiles
11-09-2007, 10:58 AM
That's one of the greatest ideas I ever heard on packing the stands . Good thinking Joe. How much of a discount do you think would be needed in order for it to work? It would be giving the regulars that come EVERY week a bone, and the people that only come out on the firework shows still pay full boat. BEST IDEA YET!
I agree, fans in the stands. If each team got 2 more people to attend and they brought 2 people, the place would be packed.

I have an idea. The track can offer each team discounted tickets that we could sell and use the money to buy, let's say, TIRES and Fuel. The place would be full, and the teams could make some money to offset the cost.

BoomBoom
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I am sure many of you have been to a Ducks game. Ever see many empty seats there?

Cross Advertising would do wonders...when I go to the stadium many people think Riverhead Raceway is shut down.......it may be a few dollars, but what about the revenue it would bring in. A 30 sec video clip.
Fireworks nights are huge......they already do that and it's great.

I mentioned to someone two years ago about little give aways....again it cost....Steve Park bobblehead? One of our own who made it...even highlight local legends....Bobbleheads are always huge.

Have teams visit schools with the car and have the driver read to the class...bring some photo's......there is no cost in this.

There are so many little things that can be done to not only expose the track to bring in more people, but these things will aslo help bring in sponsors for the track and the teams.

The Bullfather
11-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Most nights the stands were packed this season, with the exception of first few show, due to cold weather. Why would they need to sink a few thousand into ads? We've all complained about the promotion end of RR, including me! But think about this past season, how many nights were the stands packed? I do believe more people need to know about RR, but seems word of mouth has been the best ad this season.

RGeeProductions
11-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Each and every week, Riverhead Raceway places an ad in the Riverhead News Review.
Now, this is the local paper and all that read this paper KNOW of Riverhead Raceway....
Take that money and put it in an ad up the Island.
No extra money to spend....
Bobbleheads?!?!?! Boy, we could have fun with that one!!!!!

SuperShafts
11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Instead of Riverheadnews Review...Suffolk Life

As for packing the stands...why not go to the town and get them to let them increase the stands...
Then worry about packing them...I stood 2x this past year..

Nah, that would involve someone having to leave their easy chair.

Monster trucks over escape artists anytime...the thinking in losing the trucks for that is beyond me.

RGeeProductions
11-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Instead of Riverheadnews Review...Suffolk Life

As for packing the stands...why not go to the town and get them to let them increase the stands...
Then worry about packing them...I stood 2x this past year..

Nah, that would involve someone having to leave their easy chair.

Monster trucks over escape artists anytime...the thinking in losing the trucks for that is beyond me.

Pretty much what I just said....
I don't see the logic in increasing stands till they fill what they have....EVERY NIGHT....
Not once this year have I seen EVERY SEAT TAKEN....
Should concentrate on getting fans for racing before adding the accessories to try and get fans there....

The Bullfather
11-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Most nights the stand were packed, with very little room for seating. The backstretch was full, the turns were full and the frontstretch when they were packed had to open the side for when they keep scorers. When the mains begin, the stands looked packed on most nights to me.

W. J.
11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd rather see the stands upgraded than added to. Better footboards, and marked aisles would allow better usage of what's already there. JMO

The Bullfather
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I agree, the backstretch benefit is having the aisle ways. I think more people might make it around the track if they saw the open aisles to make it up and down. Also having the backends to the footboards help, but isn't needed as much!

Tower Man
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I have to agree with BoomBoom here. We all know, the promotional aspect of the race track is not up to par. An ad in NEWSDAY would be a few thousand dollars, would have to sell many tickets to offset the cost and make it worth the cost.

Like BoomBoom said, have teams go to schools. It is now up to us, as owners and drivers, to promote our sport.

As to packed stands...I guess when I looked it was still early. One night I physically counted the people and I counted 637. Yes, demo nights and Enduro nights there were crowds. Many of you have no idea how many freebees are in the stands. Trust me, there are many.

Like I have said many times on this forum, it is up to us to promote.

SuperShafts
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Pretty much what I just said....
I don't see the logic in increasing stands till they fill what they have....EVERY NIGHT....
Not once this year have I seen EVERY SEAT TAKEN....
Should concentrate on getting fans for racing before adding the accessories to try and get fans there....
I stood twice last year, it wasn't fun....

Having the stands in place 1st is smarter than having people stand around and not want to come back next time, figuring it's like that often...1st you build it, then you worry about everything else..

What kind of sense is that worry about filling a little than having enough....That has to be the worst business decision ever...worry about getting fans to stand around and be miserable, then have somewhere for them to sit.
The accessories, as you put it, is not the seating, and not the fans.

fastgal
11-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Gee whiz, does anything make you happy? Some of us like to stand. Been in turn two for over 25 years for the features and have lots of fun. By the way, are you gonna run the Jeep anymore? I heard all sorts of excuses over the last half of the season why you couldn't make it out. Oh by the way, I say KEEP THE KIDS OUT OF THE PITS, IT ISN'T A PLACE FOR THEM! Hmm, what else.... there were more stands in turn two, but if I remember right, they had to take them down as per Riverhead Town.

LongIslandJam
11-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Be thankful you had standing room only seating. I know quite a few tracks who wished they just had stands full of people.

And anything with the stands (upgrading, adding), requires town approval.

RGeeProductions
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Gee whiz, does anything make you happy? Some of us like to stand. Been in turn two for over 25 years for the features and have lots of fun. By the way, are you gonna run the Jeep anymore? I heard all sorts of excuses over the last half of the season why you couldn't make it out. Oh by the way, I say KEEP THE KIDS OUT OF THE PITS, IT ISN'T A PLACE FOR THEM! Hmm, what else.... there were more stands in turn two, but if I remember right, they had to take them down as per Riverhead Town.

If I rememeber correctly, when the scoreboard was installed it was higher than it is now. There was 1 set of stands in front of the scoreboard. I used to sit in those stands, so I know. They dropped the scoreboard, as I believe the town considered the back of it a billboard, and so that when people standing on top of that set of stands now blocked the scoreboard. We were publicly asked, over the sound sysyem, to please sit down. We were even offered beer to sit down. The following year that set of stands were taken out.

SuperShafts
11-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry I'm not the kind of person that is satisfied with bs and having a gov't. discriminate against a facility and sport and put all kinds of bs on it.....if you're happy with that, then there is a problem. No, I don't particulary like to stand and watch an event, especially knowing I'm being inconvenienced because of a corrupt gov't. and no one dared stand up to them and fight for the place they all so claim to love. Another fight I'm not against taking up today right now. Yes I'm not happy and neither should any of you be...but that's another problem I won't get into, since this will just get locked.

I was late to the last race, I'm sure I was witnessed coming in late at which point i just wanted to go home.....but in my spare time im heavily involved with fighting against politicians to get a new facility...that's why i had that post up asking what time they intended to run them that day...usually they sent them out later on, that day they went out 1st. I was under the impression the same would be on that day also, but due to a enduro run being on the same day, they reversed it.

Yes, I had nothing but problems with my Jeep this year, which is my DD as can be witnessed by many who see me, in fact the electrical issue still really isn't fixed, but it's not acting up, so if it doesn't, there is nothing I can do with it. I did spend months adding grounds and checking connections and nothing has changed, other than all kinds of parts, but for now it's not a problem.
I do plan on running this year, in fact I would run tomorrow, but it's not my decision to open the track, another issue for the life of me I can not understand.
I'm not getting involved with the pits issue again.