PDA

View Full Version : Late Model Drivers & Owners Meeting

DriveitinDeep
11-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I am looking for a place right now in the Riverhead area to stage a meeting of the drivers and owners to discuss what we can do to make this division grow, reduce our weekly expenses and just make this whole deal more cost effective. We know the purse isn't going to get better, so we have to find ways to cuts costs and such otherwise......
I am looking for some feedback from you drivers/owners to see if I should even pursue this. Because if you're not going to bother to come, I will drop the idea. Most of you have computers and read this stuff. For the people that don't, give them a call. Based on your responses, I will let you know the time and place. Thanks

Roger Oxee

j-rod
11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Good idea Rog, I'm in. I've already made my suggestion as far as cutting costs, 2 tires a week after 1st week. This saves everyone $290 a week.

DriveitinDeep
11-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Noted Jarrod. Good start. We have to sit down as a group to brain storm all the ideas, to put the best down on paper to submit to the powers that be. We as a group have to be in total agreement to have a chance to make it fly though. Without it, it is like peeing into the wind.

LongIslandJam
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Good idea Roger,

If we at the Jam can help you in any way, let us know. Thanks,

outlawfab
11-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Count us in Roger.

DriveitinDeep
11-14-2007, 09:54 AM
So far I have heard from 3 cars. The 08, 4, & 1x. Thanks. That's 4 cars counting me out of the 20 plus that are out there. This isn't going to cut it. To the rest of you, C'mon, get off your *** and respond one way or the other. Thanks in advance

SuperShafts
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
To the rest of you, C'mon, get off your *** and respond one way or the other.

I know the feeling kid....

sround
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey Brian, being that your in for the meeting, does that mean that Dave is Racing Late Models again next year?

W. J.
11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
That's what Dave told me at the NELMA race when I asked him.

outlawfab
11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Dave will be back in the Late Model and Modified for 2008 .

DriveitinDeep
11-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Well, it's either nobody has a computer or they don't give a darn.
I have had responses from the following cars:
1x,08,4,& 8. Well counting me that's 5 cars. It would seem then that we don't need a meeting with only a possible 5 cars running.
I am not going to bother if you guys don't at least cooperate by responding in one way, shape, or form.

Tower Man
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Isn't that half the field?

DriveitinDeep
11-15-2007, 01:30 PM
That's not exactly helping the cause, Joe.

DriveitinDeep
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I really don't appreciate having my thread toned down!
This is nto an issue to be candy coated. Give a darn is not in my vocabulary,
but give a $hit is!

Rubbin&Racin
11-15-2007, 02:06 PM
You tell them Roger, I wouldn't candy coat a thing. Come on guys you know you all want to race and Roger is trying here to get all of you together to put your heads together and make the Late Model Division what it used to be and see where you can cut cost so you can be out there doing what you love the most and thats Racing. Keep this up and there will be no Late Models and who ya gonna blame...I hope yourselves because one man is trying here and he wants your support so count your blessings you have a track to race at and respect what Roger is trying to do here. Let's see a full field of Late Models for 2008. Get in touch with Roger and get this meeting going before ya know it it's gonna be opening night and few cars. To the drivers that left in 2007 please come back, you know your fans miss ya, lets see a full field. I know y'all didn't move like we did or are you here some where in Tn and didn't get in touch....if not get in touch with Roger and put your heads together and see what needs to be done.;)

LongIslandJam
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM
To be honest Roger,

The late model guys are so disgusted, they are going to be their own worst enemy. I hope they realize their poor attitudes is the real problem with this division.

I got to make some phone calls. Maybe you're work isn't for naught.

SuperShafts
11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I really don't appreciate having my thread toned down!
This is nto an issue to be candy coated. Give a darn is not in my vocabulary,
but give a $hit is!

If you don't candy coat it it'll get locked...

SuperShafts
11-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I got to make some phone calls. Maybe you're work isn't for naught.

I don't see how it wouldn't be, when the time comes for enforcement the same thing will happen and then more will stop coming.

LongIslandJam
11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
If you have an issue, my email is easily accessible. I can even give you my phone number.

SuperShafts
11-15-2007, 04:54 PM
You can call me, 631-803-6010

rae234
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
On behalf of Ken Matlach and the #34 late model, we think that a meeting to discuss these issues is a great idea. Ken happens to be very busy with work and getting ready for Turkey Derby or he would be writing this himself.

jemalfano
11-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Count me in Roger.

Golf Guy
11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Roger like I wrote when I PM'd you, the wild child and myself will be there when a meeting is scheduled.
Thanks for doing this.
Jim

DriveitinDeep
11-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Just keeping everyone in the loop. So far 11 out of the 11 I've either contacted or been contacted by are interested in participating to see what can be done if anything. I've also been contacted by the Chief Stewards (via BF) asking if they could help in anyway by attending. I've declined their offer for now, but I wanted to make you guys aware of their intent. Shooting for the week after Turkey Day, midweek in the evening. Further details to follow. If you know someone who doesn't have a computer and has a car, and thinks they want to race at some point in 2008, give them the news or have them call me at 845 661 5516. Thanks

RJ

SuperShafts
11-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Why would you decline the chief steward? When a problem happens, who is going to institute the penalty and then enforce it to the letter. Having a meeting with everyone is great, and I'm sure you all want to succeed, but which one of you is going to enforce the rules? Or are you all going to boycott the next race together until someone is straightened out if someone breaks a rule?

LongIslandJam
11-16-2007, 04:39 PM
I believe Roger wants to get his game plan together first, and then approach the officials. Eventually official input will be needed, but the late model guys just need to get together and have some fun. In accordance to what we spoke about Supershafts, first we need to bring the fun back to racing, and then we can move forward.

Tower Man
11-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Half the field is a start. So competitors are a little apprehensive of publically stating they will go. Look at who hasn't responded and contact them directly.

And you are right, you can't sugar coat this.

hollywoodmic
11-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Super, the officials have their own meeting with the competitors. I think what Roger is trying to do here is get everyone he races with on the same page, so that when the officials have their winter meetings all the Late Model teams will be on the same page to make this division better than it was in 2007.

SuperShafts
11-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Honestly it's not the division...it's the rules being enforced. I don't see a problem on the driver, I don't believe you guy's have the problem...it's what's carried out when the line is crossed. It's the excuses after that that I believe are what needs fixing. It's great you have meeting and get some things resolved possibly, I'm not saying not to do that. I just think the problem isn't so much any of you as is the line being crossed. No one seems to handle it correctly or as sternly as it needs to be.

Tracy87BB
11-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Bump...
Reminder everyone...the meeting is this Wednesday, November 28 at 8 pm at the American Legion on Hubbard Avenue in Riverhead.

Tracy87BB
11-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Bump...
Tonight is the night...