PDA

View Full Version : What you all want...

CJfilms
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
...is the same thing I want too... The finish!!!

Yesterday was a great day...although, it was extremely hectic on our officials' part!!! The transponders were not operating properly...there were only a few units that were acting up, but they threw the whole system out of whack.

First, I want to clear up a few rumors:
1. The units were not charged...not true, the units were all blinking green when we handed them back to the management. FALSE!

2. When Nikki Wachs hit the wall, the system went down...not true. When Nikki hit the wall, she was 17 laps ahead of the rest of the field. There was a bug BEFORE that.

3. None of the units worked...again not true! Some of them worked normal...but some were taking two laps instead of one, some wouldn't register but a few laps at a time every so often and one or two weren't picking up until later in the race...

Gary Silverman, our saving grace, is once again forwarding us the video...overnighting it today! I will start my research and Erin and I will dedicate our entire Thursday to studying this tape and finalizing this season. Thursday because she is off of work so she can begin moving...

Until then, we can only provide the top FEW of each race...

6/8's
1. Richard Petey
2. Joe Jentile
3. Phil Lomonaco

TRUX
1. Woot Lawrence

4 Cylinders
1. Brian Kunkel
2. Don Rogers

We have a top five figure...but I will not even post it up here until EVERYTHING IS FINAL!!! I don't want to say someone is third now, then say they are sixth later...or vice versa. These positions are definite! These positions lock up the Championships in both 4's and 6/8's.

As for the rest of the finishes/points they will be handed down once we know for fact where everyone finished! I will do the points myself before I give the finish to Tracy so I can contact anyone who came in or fell out of the top ten in points.

Feel free to contact me and yell over the phone...please lets stay civilized on the computers...for now.

Thank you all!

CJfilms
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
About the Top Ten Club...

I am freezing the top ten club as is for the banquet payouts...for one reason...because we have to do the finish for the final race like so, it wouldn't be fair otherwise.

For the 4 Cylinders...$250 split 3 ways
Don Rogers - 7 top tens - $82
Dave Bentley - 7 top tens -$84
Dennis Sizemore - 7 top tens - $84

6/8's...$250 split 2 ways
Petey - 7 top tens - $125
Phil Lomonaco - 7 top tens - $125

I will adjust the web page like I normally do once I have the finish...but it is quite certain these drivers did not place out of the top 10, nor can they be tied by anyone else for that matter.

So...congrats guys!

BBI1432
11-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Another race without the transponders working. When will I be receiving my $10 check?

Richie
11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Its in the mail. ;>0

4speed
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Yea, you got that right. Everyone should get their $10 back for this race and the last one. Let say 60 cars - 30 4cyl - 20 8cyl - 10 truck at $10 a pop is $600 x 2 races is $1200.00 (give or take) cash they made off of malfunctioned transponders, and guess who suffers? I have my own transponder and I still have to pay $5.00. What does that $5.00 get me? Why dont I give the five dollars to Joe and Erin for having to take how ever many hours to review tape recordings to be able to post an official finish. As a matter of fact, the track should give Joe back the whole $1200.00 and then he can decide what to do with it. Use the money to help finance the division.

p.s. If there ever is a wrecked car that is in the way of the loop or screwing up the transponders the race should be stopped instantly and the car removed.

I dont have a problem with having to pay $10 to rent a trans. I think its great that we have the oppurtunity to do that. Some tracks you have to have your own and they are not cheap. BUT, if they dont work you should get a refund.