PDA

View Full Version : Champs....

CJfilms
11-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Well, with all the hustle and bustle going on, I missed my chance to get this posted up as fast I wanted to...so here we are now!

Congratulations to our Unique Golf 4 Cylinder Champion, Don Rogers, #09x!!!
Without a single win under his belt, Don held it together through over 900 laps of dizzying racing! (7 100 lappers and a 200 lapper! I can count!) Way to go Don, I know you don't have too much computer access, but that doesn't mean you should go unmentioned here!

In the Custom Classic TRUX, Petey brought home the bacon! Richard Petey, #43, stuck with the TRUX even through some of the harder times this season, and he showed everyone how dedicated he is to both racing and this series, and for that I must say THANK YOU!

The 6/8 Cylinders showed the most jaw-dropping, edge of your seat race this entire season!!! Phil Lomonaco went into this race in 1st place with a 12 point lead on 2nd place, Petey...our three time IN A ROW champion, Joe Jentile was close behind Petey, only 6 points!!! With the top three only separated by 18 points, it was anyone's title!!! Joe was gunning for another title under his belt, and that was very possible! Phil was racing for his first NEETS championship! Petey was racing for his second title that day! The only way Petey could sail to the title was if both Joe and Phil had car problems and either pitted at some point or pulled off completely...NEITHER HAPPENED THOUGH!!!! Petey, Joe and Phil all went 200 LAPS WITHOUT EVEN A FLAT!!!!! Despite the dogfight in the failing sunlight, Petey was able to hold off a very hard charging Joe Jentile and take home the win. Joe finished in 2nd and Phil in 3rd...this was the WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO FINISH FOR PETEY TO WIN THE TITLE!!!! This finish put Petey and Phil in a tie for 1st place.... The tie breaker in the past would have been: whomever finished higher in the MUTHA race would get the better position. Even with our new method (new to us that is...): the person with the most wins gets the better position; the outcome would not change either method... Petey had 1 win under his belt going into this race and he finished higher than Phil... Phil, you raced a great season! A lot of people may be cheering for Uncle Petey, but that doesn't mean you went unnoticed all year long! Great job Phil! Great job Joe! Petey, congrats!

This may have been a hard race in the failing LIGHT, not just sunlight, but you all managed to keep it together! I think a big congrats goes out to EVERYONE!!! That was a very clean final race, and with the car counts higher than they have ever been, everyone deserves a pat on the back...good job everyone!