PDA

View Full Version : Old school racers, racing again!

The Bullfather
11-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Just came across this from Jayski.com. Old School Racing Champions Touring Series. http://www.osrct.com/

Look at some of the drivers: Harry Gant, David Pearson, Dave Marcus, Lajoie, Trickle........check em' out!

This looks like it could be a good competitive series, should be interesting to see how this takesoff. Like the golf tour, they have a senior tour. This could be Nascar's senior tour. They will only race tracks 3/4 of a mile or less. They want to keep down the speeds for safety of the older drivers. Hey, their bones are brittle! lol Wonder how some of them are going to get in and out of car, will they have a larger green house. lol They'll be fine!:)

LongIslandJam
11-16-2007, 06:57 AM
I wonder if Red Farmer will be there. He still actively races down south.

Also, how is Carl Long an old timer? LOL

catfish
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
*************read info wrong*************

LongIslandJam
11-16-2007, 08:58 AM
The series has no ties to NASCAR, so how can it be a NASCAR publicity stunt?

catfish
11-16-2007, 10:39 AM
My mistake then, I thought it did.

LongIslandJam
11-16-2007, 11:52 AM
It's ok. I do agree, it does seem publicity driven, but hey, you can tell a good promoter if they can generate publicity with a unique and interesting idea.

randomrodder
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
That is fantastic. I'd love to see them all back on the track again running 50 to 100 lap races. And, the list of eligible drivers! Wow, is all I can say. Bring em on.

Richie
11-16-2007, 04:41 PM
OK TBax Get the bus ready. ;>)

The Bullfather
11-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Go to bottom of the main page and open up the PDF file and check out the drivers who are able to make the race. Long Islanders include Steve Park and Greg Sacks. Notables: (for me anyway) Darrell Waltrip, Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, Aj Foyt, Bobby Allison, Jimmy Spencer, Buddy Baker, Unser family, Mario Andretti, Bobby Rahal, Nigel Mansell, Tim Steele and many more. But would love to see thoses guys race it out.

LongIslandJam
11-16-2007, 06:39 PM
We'll see if their hype matches their actions...:rolleyes:

The Bullfather
11-16-2007, 07:17 PM
That can be any division, look at the points system right now for Sprint Cup, Kinda boring when Hendrick has 18 wins this season, Jeff and Jimmie beating the field by a mile and walking away with the points. Every division has to start some where. It may and it may not be competitive at all. But I bet they do draw a crowd, if their smart they will do signings through out the night or some kind fan activities with the drivers. There is no show without the fans, if it was the case, moonshining would still be hot down south. :rolleyes: lol

LongIslandJam
11-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Not my argument Bullfather,

My argument is let's see that the promise of whom they are bringing to race is true. I'll find out in a few weeks when I'm at PRI and ask them for myself.