PDA

View Full Version : The next Nextel NASCAR Champ will be ....??

racing#s
11-18-2007, 10:02 AM
It's crunch time......
Who's gonna take it today ?
Gordon ,or Johnson ?
I'd personally prefer Gordon, but Johnson's gonna take it.

SuperShafts
11-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I believe it will be 48.

LongIslandJam
11-18-2007, 12:46 PM
It's going to be really tough to dethrone Johnson. He may make history with 5 in a row, putting his name with NASCAR's elite.

SuperShafts
11-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow JA, you went above and beyond there....

Im gonna say 5, 42 or 9 to win the race

14SMOKE
11-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Both of Hendrick's teams are on point this year, but Chad Knaus has such a knack to be able to help Jimmy with car changes as the track changes, even though I'm a die hard 'Smoke' fan, I have to say the 48 is gonna take it, unless 'Smoke' takes him out, lol!!!

CRog00
11-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Yup you guys were right. Jimmie Johnson is the 2007 Nascar Nextel Cup champion.

The Bullfather
11-18-2007, 08:59 PM
I find it funny how two crew chiefs finish 1 and 2 in the points and both were suspended during the season for 6 races. Chad Knaus has been suspended numerous times for infractions with Nascar. The saying goes it's not cheating unless you get caught. It stems back to the golden days of Nascar. Guys use to cheat all the time, while some guys just bought a car or rented one straight off the showroom floor. Smokey Yunick in fact built a car smaller in size but was hard to tell by the eye. Junior Johnson numerous times was caught too. But the system has really tighten' up. Chad and Steve Latarte were both fined $100,000 for infractions this year. "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

I'm not claiming he was cheating after infractions. But it's hard to pull for a guy when his crew chief has tinkered around the car to make it that much faster then the next guy, by stepping out of bounds. After every win this year, it had to cross your mind, because of the past. Even Ray Evernham has been caught. After seeing the dominance at years end by Hendrick's two top guys, it has to cross your mind!

But in your mind, don't you feel like this years Champion and runner-up are well deserved of holding the title? It's what brings you to the game that counts, what brings you to the dance! Once in the play-offs it's a new ball game or in this case race season.