PDA

View Full Version : TURKEY DERBY - Who's goin?

4speed
11-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Turkey Derby is this Fri and Sat. How many NEETS 8cyl cars are going? Hope to see a lot of you there.
Your Champion will be there. If you're not racing, at least come show your support for the NEETS CHAMP, and party with us Fri night in the campers section.

Wed. night 6pm, pits open for early parking. Factory Stocks are first come, first served, as there are limited spots, otherwise must park out back where they were last year.
Also, prepaid entries are cheaper than paying the day of race.
Pre-entry list of drivers as of 11/17/07 is on www.wallspeedway.com
Everyone in the 8cyl class should go, especially if we are going to have Enduro races there next year, you can get a feel for the track now.

Who's Going?

NJ Chick
11-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Dr D will be there driving his freshly painted #75 Thriller car. Rumor has it Ms. NEETS will be there as well, screaming and cheering for all of the NEETS drivers!:lol::applause::p

Word is Martin Truex Jr will be there driving a modified on Saturday. The Derby is always a fun time, so even if you don't plan to race, it's worth the trip to come and watch. There is also a meet and greet on Saturday where the fans can go out on the track and visit with all of the drivers, get their autographs and check out their cars. Hope to see a bunch of you there!:wave:

Lad3der
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I will be there to help pit everyone, will also have firesuit in hand if a ride does get offered. Otherwise, see you all there.

W. J.
11-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I will be there to help pit everyone, will also have firesuit in hand if a ride does get offered. Otherwise, see you all there.

Hey, your SUPPOSED to be on your Honeymoon, not at the races!!!! They don't even need a back-up flagger, they'll have Kyle Mac on standby, LOL!

Go get acquainted with your new partner!!!

John Cozza
11-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey all,

Uncle Petey has been asking Bobby Pease and me to come to this race for two years. Unfortunately Bobby has a prior commitment...but I will be there!!! Glad to see a few of us NEETS guys registered. Looking forward to coming to Wall Stadium to have a blast with all who will be there.
Happy Thanksgiving to all and I'll see you on Friday.

John Cozza
#59 Grand Enduro
Riverhead
:wave:

PS Hey Any other Riverhead guys going??

enduroracer131
11-20-2007, 08:48 AM
I am going to try to get there for Saturday, but if I dont make it, good luck to everyone racing.

Maddawg
11-20-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm bringing the #417 !!!!!:cool:Turning some wrenches while Jody's cooking the bird n stuff Thurs. Can't wait, That track is awesome !!!!!!! See ya all there............
Maddawg :)

Lad3der
11-20-2007, 10:31 PM
We're not going on a honeymoon till February, so I'll be there.

EnduroFromDE
11-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Just want to say good luck to all those NEETS people going to Wall today for the TD. I'll be heading up in a few hours, getting off work at 10:00 to go up. Hey Petey, I was not there on Friday, but it shows you next to last? Only 7 laps? Did something break? I hope you get it fixed for today; either that, or bring another car up for Saturday's race.

EnduroFromDE
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Good top 10 runs for Bott, Vern, and Petey. And another Blewett vs. anyone else battle. I like the guy, but you gotta know when to draw the line, and AFTER you have two entire teams on the track fighting is not it. However, it did make for a good show, but how long before the track does something about it. Someone is going to get hurt. Seems like everytime I go up there someone gets spun, comes back and spins that person out. Drivers door straight in the pit road gate??? Someone is going to get hurt, and hopefully that's at the least. Anyway, congrats to all the NEETS guys on their Turkey Derby race.

4speed
11-25-2007, 03:32 PM
was hanging out with a great group of friends from Wall and NEETS

enduro13x
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey Vern, no offense, but maybe you should clean your nose off a little bit!

Tracy87BB
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Congrats to all of you on your finishes, though I'm sure Petey could have lived without the black flag Friday.

Was great to see you all...maybe next year you'll make a few trips to this side of the toll curtain!

richardpetey
11-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I should've known, after all, it WAS Black Friday, hehe..............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
11-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Now I know why Enduros are such a hit on LI after Matt's wedding, Tracy!

The Cross Bronx Expressway was the SCARIEST ride of my life! I don't know how it is done with a truck and trailer...lol...Donny's explanation at Wall was probably the best, lol!

modprincess8x
11-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh c'mon Erin...the Cross Bronx is fun, especially with a truck and trailer! It's at it's best when your truck just stops running on it. Makes for good stories when we tell our children and grandchildren about our championship year at Mountain. We have more stories about the rides to and from the track than we do about the racing.

Tracy87BB
11-26-2007, 06:53 AM
I must have missed the explanation, Erin...either you or Donny will have to fill me in on it!

4speed
11-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm sorry bud. Thats all I can say. It was not my fault totally. We were supposed to be going green. The officials and flag man are to blame as well. I know you were waving your arm, but I was not sure what the hell was going on. At first I thought you had a problem. Then I thought why is he not pulling off the track if he has a problem. Then we were in turn 3 and 4 and it was then when I realized what the hell was going on and why you were waving your arm. The flagman waved the white, we were supposed to get the green and they changed their minds. You knew it, and I didn't. Only thing I could say is what I said in the first line. I did, however, follow your signals Sat. night. I remember the pace laps where the car in front of you was speeding up and slowing down. Every time they slowed, you waved, I slowed and I waved to the guy behind me. Hey, on another note, we are going racing for fun at S+S Speedways two weekends from now. Big group. Want to join us?

enduro13x
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
what is S+S Speedways?

W. J.
11-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Go to www.ssspeedway.com and find out.

enduro13x
11-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey Vern, who all is going?

nobandwagonhere
11-26-2007, 08:45 PM
It works the best when whoever is in the passenger seat is sleeping. lol. Just treat it like an enduro! lol. Thats what left rears are for!:wave:
Hey Erin, any word on what we talked about? (I havent told a soul..I swear..).
It was great to see Howie and Miss Cindy (P.S. great run by Howie...3rd place), Uncle Petey, Erin and Joe. Was a pretty good weekend.
See yas soon.:wave:

Erin C
11-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey, Donny

I think you need to clear some of your old PM's!! I tried sending you a message and it kicked out at me! :p

Tracy87BB
11-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Donny, if I'm ever looking for travel partners for a race off the Island...remind me not to be a passenger with you! :lol:

nobandwagonhere
11-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Awwwww....Your safe up front Tracy, its the trailer you have to worry about! lol:help:
Erin, try it now.:wave:

4speed
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
S+S Speedway is an indoor go-cart racing cirlcle track. Its an awesome place to go and have some fun when the racing season is over. We have already a few guys from wall, and couple from NEETS. Also a couple drivers from Snydersville Raceway. A bunch of us are getting together to see the band SUNDOG at Pheasants Landing in Hillsborough, NJ Sat night Dec. 8th and then Sunday Dec. 9th will be the trip to S+S. So, if anyone else would like to join us just let us know here with a way to contact you. If we get enough we can have a private group from 10 am to 12 pm and then play with the public afterwards or just go when it opens to the public @12 noon. 16 people would be enough for a private group. We have at least 9 now.

17Racer
11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Count me in Vern :D I love that place!!!!!