PDA

View Full Version : Girls want to have fun too

STU
11-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Any chance of there being any ladies only enduros in 2008?? If so, the company I work for (Wal-mart) said they can and will donate some prizes to the girls. These races were really starting to catch on last year at MVS, so can we try it at the Mountain?? Feedback welcome.
Cory Student
1x

intense1
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Cory,
It all depends on the interest in a ladies only race. Women are encouraged to participate in all divisions at Mountain Speedway. In fact, we have more lady racers than any other track on the East Coast.
I am sure we could put something together. Any ladies interested should contact the speedway office at (570)384-3215.

STU
11-27-2007, 06:41 PM
How about it ladies? I'll dish out prizes to the top three in any ladies race we have this coming year. Three to four events would be great! Please speak up, tell Mike how much you gals want to race.
Cory Student
1x race team

RacerMom56k
11-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Why not let us ladies race? :applause: My daughter loves racing and it seems she does better racing with all the ladies than with the boys. Give the ladies a shot. :) Maybe I'll give it a shot, if my daughter let's me drive her car.
Maria
Grouch Racing 56K

STU
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I would like to run them at the May, June and August events so fans will have the warm weather to sit through an extra race if they want to.
Any more ladies interested? Call the track and say so.
Mike, how many will we need to have a race?
Cory
1x

richardpetey
12-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Cory,
It all depends on the interest in a ladies only race. Women are encouraged to participate in all divisions at Mountain Speedway. In fact, we have more lady racers than any other track on the East Coast.
2/10, your killing me! We had a couple of races this year with 18 to 22 ladies taking the green..........................:applause:
You're lucky to have that many ladies walking around in the pits, more or less driving a racecar, hehe..............:rolleyes:
If you don't stop telling these promoter fibs, you and Pinnochio will have the same profile, hehe...............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
12-06-2007, 11:18 PM
For a Saturday night program, we had more lady racers than any track on the East Coast. Look at the rosters.

Ladies,
Come show your stuff,
If your tough enough.

We'll see you at the enduro,
where you'll be part of THE show. :wave:

richardpetey
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
2/10 PLEASE! You only had two ladys who showed up for the majority of season and 13 total on the division rosters...............:confused:
So don't give the ladys a false racing vision.....................:(
You know you won't giv'em their own division...............:help:
They're more than tough enough to be part of your show...........:applause:
But they're also wise to your Pinnochio three-ring rodeo..................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
If you can win a race and not get DQ'ed, anything is possible. :wave:

All ladies who would like to run their own enduro, please call the speedway office. You are always welcome to run any enduro. There is no gender restriction.

ALSO, enduro racers from any track/series are invited and encouraged to compete in the "Frostbite II" enduro on January, 5th.

Last year's event was a huge success, and we also collected a substantial amount of canned goods for the Wilkes-Barre soup kitchen.
I will have a charity announcement this week in regards to the January enduro.

We look forward to seeing everyone soon!

richardpetey
12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks 2/10! Maybe someday when you finish a race you'll realize the "possibilities", hehe...............:wave:
My only hope is enough ladys call your office so you'll be forced to give the "back gate" a say in their type of racing..................:applause:
It's a given that the "Snowflake II" front gate ain't gonna keep the H.H. in shekels....................:help:
Hopefully everybody will be happy and that'll keep you outta the Wilkes-Barre soup kitchen line.....................;)
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

witchin8
12-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Lets stick to topic....

No more personal attacks.

W. J.
12-09-2007, 11:17 AM
While the topic has drifted a bit, we will leave it open for now. If anyone has off-topic issues, try using PM's instead of posts to resolve them. It could save ALL of us a lot of trouble. :mad:

It would be nice to see a lady's race. I'm sure enough females could be recruited, with the help of some enduro guys, to run such a race. The FemDuros of the past had plenty of ladies in them after all. :)

STU
12-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Let me try to make things simple. I like to race. My wife likes to race. I bet more than just a few girls would like to be out there and have a little fun too. Most, however, don't like to be out there with dozens of overly aggresive men, and that is fine. That is why I would like to have these races so that, as a husband, I can relax, just a little bit, knowing that the girls are out there to just have fun and not knock each other around. I would like to think all husbands/boyfriends feel that way. Let's shoot for the May 18th show.
15 laps, I'll give prizes to the top three.
What do you think, Mike, looks like there is some interest. Want to give it a try for May 18th?
Cory
1x

richardpetey
12-09-2007, 08:45 PM
First off, let me say that there are no intended personal attacks in this post rather a friendly banter between 2/10 and myself...................:confused:
Sometimes these little playful exchanges produce results and a happy ending.........................:angel:
Back to the subject..........its all about money...........if the grinch that stole enduros sees the green , he'll allow 2/10 to start a female enduro..............
:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Cory,
Give me a call in the office, sometime this week. (570)384-3215.

STU
12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Hello Mike, missed you at office.

Cory