PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Meetings

Tower Man
11-28-2007, 04:50 PM
With just about every division having meetings, an idea was brought to my attention and I was asked to put it out.

Once each division meets, they should appoint a spokeperson or two and each Divisional spokesperson should meet with one another and collectively discuss ways to improve racing on Long Island.

As Michael Corleone said to Vito, his father, while in the hospital, "Pop, I'm with you now."

Just a thought.

SuperShafts
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
ways to improve racing on Long Island.
Racing on Long Island? Or racing at Riverhead?

W. J.
11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Racing on Long Island? Or racing at Riverhead?
Same difference.

The Bullfather
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Sad isn't it? Everyone's love for racing should be available to them still on Long Island. We've seen our share of tracks go and we are one track away from being in the same pool. We are lucky to have 2008 season and more to come at Riverhead Raceway.

Tower Man
11-29-2007, 07:23 AM
And that is what we must preserve Bullfather.

SuperShafts
11-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Same difference.

No, actually it's a big difference.... Racing on Long Island, a different strategy is needed, which very, very, very few are behind doing...
Racing at Riverhead and that situation as per the reason for the meeting is something among the rules and competitors...2 totally different situations..
What's sad is, one is an easy fix...that's sad

RGeeProductions
11-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Just keep in mind the forum you are in. It relates to Riverhead Raceway and it's kind of obvious what the thread pertains to.

SuperShafts
11-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I see the Long Island racing news thing above all the time..

debbie33
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Obviously you just don’t get it Super Shaft. We all want more racing available to us on Long Island but right now the only place for us to have a “circle track” is Riverhead Raceway. This nation has become a “green” world with a lot of tree huggers and things like that the thought of us using all that gas and other stuff to pollute the environment scares them and they do not want that in their back yards.
So, we must all as a group do what we can to make the owners and officials see that we can all work as a group to make the track a success for all involved. That means drivers doing the right thing on and off the track to make the owners want to continue to give us a place to go and enjoy what we all know and love --- racing. These meetings are being set up so that the drivers can join forces and be a “we” at the January/ February track meeting instead of a “me”. Face it, we might not like what goes on there each and every Saturday night either by drivers, officials or owners but what else is there to do but pack up and travel to other tracks. This is my opinion, I feel if the drivers can join forces and with cool heads go to the meeting with ideas as a group the changes might be heard by the owners and officials a little better than in years past. I am not saying that Rome was built in a day and these small changes might take a while to make the owners see that this will lead to bigger and better changes. But right now this is all we got and we need to join forces to keep what we have alive and breathing because if it keeps going the way it has been these last few years we might not have anything here on the island at all.

Jaws
11-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Obviously you just don’t get it Super Shaft. We all want more racing available to us on Long Island but right now the only place for us to have a “circle track” is Riverhead Raceway. This nation has become a “green” world with a lot of tree huggers and things like that the thought of us using all that gas and other stuff to pollute the environment scares them and they do not want that in their back yards.
So, we must all as a group do what we can to make the owners and officials see that we can all work as a group to make the track a success for all involved. That means drivers doing the right thing on and off the track to make the owners want to continue to give us a place to go and enjoy what we all know and love --- racing. These meetings are being set up so that the drivers can join forces and be a “we” at the January/ February track meeting instead of a “me”. Face it, we might not like what goes on there each and every Saturday night either by drivers, officials or owners but what else is there to do but pack up and travel to other tracks. This is my opinion, I feel if the drivers can join forces and with cool heads go to the meeting with ideas as a group the changes might be heard by the owners and officials a little better than in years past. I am not saying that Rome was built in a day and these small changes might take a while to make the owners see that this will lead to bigger and better changes. But right now this is all we got and we need to join forces to keep what we have alive and breathing because if it keeps going the way it has been these last few years we might not have anything here on the island at all.

Very well put.

Whether we like it or not Riverhead is the track we have and will have for a while.

Super Shafts we appreciate your efforts to get another facility built. If we don't keep this one going by the time (if ever) a new facility is built, there will be no one to race there.

Good luck to all the divisions on their meeting, this is the first time I can remember all the divisions meeting like this. It's a good step for the racers and the track.

art11758
11-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Funny how it goes. The "division meeting" I attended actually was to improve the divison from within. Which is a good thing. Three or four clubs like the original would go a long way towards making racing a bit more rewarding for the participants regardless of your level of involvement. As far as making it better on Long Island, the rewards apparently aren't enough for some for it to be worth while. JMO

SuperShafts
11-29-2007, 03:17 PM
To keep what you got all you have to do is open your eyes....act accordingly... what is going on is nothing different than having a job with no direction and no one at the wheel making the tough calls and sticking to them..

But while worrying about the one thing you do have that there is nothing you are going to change until racing season starts...there is something going on that could use the attention of the fans and drivers and sponsors...

I'm not saying not to have meetings and anything else you may think will help...
The facts are, though, and remain the same for all, without strict rules and penalties and enforcement nothing...and I mean nothing will change..

But right now this is all we got and we need to join forces to keep what we have alive and breathing because if it keeps going the way it has been these last few years we might not have anything here on the island at all.
Join forces...you have until March before you can do anything, actually April..

Are you going to wait until you have nothing at all....or you're gonna wait until that stupid plan isn't recinded..because I keep seeing the same empty heads making the same retarded comments in the news almost weekly now...
They're saying no one wants it..they see no public opinion...I must have been a ghost going to all those town board meetings, with my same tried and trusted 10.
Then when will you join forces.... when you've got nothing at all...it's alright I have been without for 10 and 3 years now, both cars getting a quick trip here or there on the street....I'm getting used to it, though...I've got 10 years with one, and 3 on the other...
When you feel it 1st happen, the 1st instant moment of shock doesn't hit right away....that 2nd year is killer, especially when you go from racing 2 and 3 days a week, 9 months a year, to 0.....nothing.
So i guess RHT instilling a discriminatory 28 days of use was good after all..
It won't take much to get over.

debbie33
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Why would someone wait until March or April to start discussing the changes they want for the next season when the official meeting with the track officials takes place in January or February? You discuss it now, so everyone is on the same page, and then it gets brought up to those officials prior to the meeting so that they can discuss it and then the officials come back and give the decided rules at the official meeting. Not hard to figure out.

As for the 2nd half of your comment ---- what are you trying to say?? Because I must be slow, because I have read it 3 times and I can't understand what you are trying to say??????

Tower Man
11-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks Debbie, I thought I was just having a bad day.

catfish
11-29-2007, 06:38 PM
By ignoring the ONLY CURRENT option on LI the only thing to come of it would be worse than what we now have. Suppose they did pass the new track and it was to open in 2012 and then the Cromarty's felt slighted and closed TOMORROW, how many people would still have cars when the pipe dream opened?

SuperShafts
11-29-2007, 06:45 PM
JMO now..I would have a meeting every weekend in January and the weekend in February right till the February meet with the officials, with 1 person to be the designated speaker, and a few back up plans and even a more serious ultimatum depending how badly you want change...
I can't see what would take so long about getting on the same page with issues from tires to rules and allowing treatment and new heavy fines applied to EVERYONE that breaks the rule...including conduct, and even weeks of suspension for fighting, along with a fine on that, too...Actually I'm wrong, I could see the problem.

W. J.
11-29-2007, 06:59 PM
The second half of Supershafts post refers to drag racing, and the lack of a legal place to do it on Long Island. The loss of NY National (10 yrs) and Westhampton Dragway (3 yrs) has left drag racing enthusiasts with nowhere to race on LI. I hope that explains it for everyone.

Jaws
11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
The second half of Supershafts post refers to drag racing, and the lack of a legal place to do it on Long Island. The loss of NY National (10 yrs) and Westhampton Dragway (3 yrs) has left drag racing enthusiasts with nowhere to race on LI. I hope that explains it for everyone.

Thanks, I'm slow too! lol

SuperShafts
11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
By ignoring the ONLY CURRENT option on LI the only thing to come of it would be worse then what we now have. Suppose they did pass the new track and it was to open in 2012 and then the Cromarty's felt slighted and closed TOMORROW, how many people would still have cars when the pipe dream opened

Who's ignoring...where does everyone come up with this stuff

What are you are all to young to remember 5 tracks operating at the same time and running to another track when you got knocked out early at 1...

The Cromartys didn't run then...why would they run and or close because now there is 2 tracks on an island that once supported 45 tracks....

That bs excuse is as dopey as saying that home depot is screwing themselves...

Hundreds, thousands are out there that still have cars waiting for a track...there are guy's still hoping for a new bridgehampton...i got mine still...10 years later...still sitting and waiting...hamptons closed, 3 years now, still got that car also...
So if the track is done in 2012 im ready...

So why don't the Cromartys close now then with that silly excuse...there are tracks upstate, no one is trying to take anything from RR.

SuperShafts
11-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Well National was lost also, but I was referring to Bridgehampton as the 10 yr loss. International racing, road racing and drag racing no longer exist on Long Island.

CIN
11-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Ok Marty, you are right. But this post was started for the guys and gals at Riverhead to brainstorm and help make Riverhead a better place to be right now. No matter what might or might not happen with other things or Riverhead in the future. This is about now and 2008.
Some of the people on this forum have helped support other forms of racing. Have talked and spoke to whoever would listen. And have helped those that are working for something else. Maybe we're not out there for rally's (you and I have spoken about that before and you know my feelings). But, we are helping.
So, I'm asking you. Keep this what TowerMan orginially wanted it to be. About Riverhead right now and how all of us who go to Riverhead can maybe make it better.

JMO of course.

CIN

LongIslandJam
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree with you Cin,

This is away from the original post. I copied Tower Man's original post to a new thread, and let's try this again.