PDA

View Full Version : A season inside a season

maestri fan 1
11-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I was going to wait until the meeting on the 3rd to bring this up, but I will mention it now and see what feed back I get.

A few years ago, the Chargers ran a 5 race series during their season, which was sponsored by Snap-On, I think. For those who don't have the money to run a full season, why not do something like this. 5 races, 30 laps, time trials, 2 separate points, regular season points and then the 5 race series points. This idea definitely needs some tuning but I don't think it's a bad idea. In the end I think it would be great.

rabbid1
11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

RacinRob
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Better idea is for all you guys to come to the meeting and show your support :applause:

Tracy87BB
11-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Very true, Rob. While the showing at the last meeting was decent, it would be nice to see more drivers come to the next meeting so that you have a majority representation and involvement. The next meeting is next Monday, December 3rd at 7:30 pm at 90-D Dale St. (off Edison) in West Babylon.

rabbid1
11-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Count me in !

Tower Man
11-29-2007, 07:27 AM
It was called a Mini Series and was with the Late Models and the Chargers. I was the Chief Steward at the time and it was an attempt to do just as you said, get drivers out who cannot afford to run all year. It was a bust. Only one or two drivers took advantage of the program if I recall.

That's not to say that the Blunderbust club couldn't do their own thing to promote the races/mini series.

Let's talk on the 3rd.

BOWATCHER
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Bust is an understatement. Someone spent all that money because the driver that won that title that year got 0. What a joke that was!!! I am referring to the 17x charger car