PDA

View Full Version : Stafford

gomodsgo
11-29-2007, 08:47 PM
So, we getting updated on the Stafford testing tomorrow?????

Maybe some pictures? any inside info that oh.. say someone hanging around might over hear?

Howie
11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
probably. :)

MandyB
11-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Here's to getting some fresh, hot off the press-type news tomorrow/today/whenever this is going on! :cheers:

(Seriously, if I knew I could get up there just to hear what was going on, I'd do it in a heartbeat. There's something called "I can't drive yet and I still get chauffeured around", and it's really annoying.)

Ben Althen
11-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Anyone know what time they'll be testing to? I might head over after class.

Howie
11-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I wasn't able to stay for long. The only photos of the spec engine I was able to get are below. (j/k). They never had the hood off the blue car with the spec engine, so there are no pictures of it. There are some photos, they're kinda boring, not much happened, photo op wise. They are HERE (http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=968)

The cars seemed pretty even when they were out together. People with stop watches said they were real close, time wise. It took Mike a little time to get used to a car he'd never been in and wasn't set up for him, but the pro that he is, he did a heck of a job. The only difference I know of is they had a little less gear in the spec car to lessen the chance of over revving the engine.

hutter
12-01-2007, 05:15 PM
is that shadows new motor

MOD JUNKIE
12-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Did anybody go to the test and get any feed back from mike or tod on what they felt about how the spec car performed as to the tour car? Curious to know about they're thoughts and how it all went. Thanks

Rabbit504
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I overheard Mike say that if he thought the engine was pretty good.
It seemed that both Mike and Todd liked how it ran.
I think most people there were surprised with how it ran.
I could see a difference when Mike was out front with the Ford motor, but I was not timing the cars.
That may just have been driving styles.
It didn't sound to me, anywhere as mean as the Ford motor did.:wave: