PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Meetings - Let's Try This Again

Tower Man
11-28-2007, 04:50 PM
With just about every division having meetings, an idea was brought to my attention and I was asked to put it out.

Once each division meets, they should appoint a spokeperson or two and each Divisional spokesperson should meet with one another and collectively discuss ways to improve racing on Long Island.

As Michael Corleone said to Vito, his father, while in the hospital, "Pop, I'm with you now."

Just a thought.

LongIslandJam
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Constructive idea Joe... Each division can learn from each other.

richardpetey
11-29-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't know, hehe:confused:...............They don't call'em divisions for nothing................................:lol:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Tower Man
11-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks J.A. Just trying to make things better. Someone once told me, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Let's all work to make it better now. Because when it's gone....it's gone.

rydogg97
11-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Tower Man, I don't want to make this sound nasty in any way. You were the man in charge before on Sat. nights, so you know where everyone's coming from with thoughts and ideas meetings etc. Why don't you become the driver's spokesman or become the chief steward again? It's just a thought, since you seem to have a great interest in the way things are done. Again not trying to be sarcastic just an observation.

Tower Man
12-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Chief Steward again? With all due respect, when I was the Chief Steward, I was bashed on this board, ridiculed and called every name in the book. My children were pushed out of the grand stands, and injured. One competitor called my house and told my family to leave the house because they were going to blow it up.

Why would I want to do that again?

Plus, the Cromarty's do not want me back. They replaced me with the person they felt was "Good for their business."

And you are correct, I do have a great interest in the way things are done. All I want is fair treatment to all, a weekly schedule without off nights and a fair purse for all competitors and a good time to be had by all.

With that being said, and with the track management not willing to talk to me about anything, I have decided to put my efforts where they are appreciated. 1 - towards a new state of the art facility near home, 2- towards making what we presently have better and 3 - To share my thoughts, ideas and experience to those who seek it out.

rydogg97
12-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Wow!! All that from being chief!! Well keep the ideas coming and maybe someone will listen.

SuperShafts
12-01-2007, 12:06 PM
1) One competitor called my house and told my family to leave the house because they were going to blow it up.
2) I have decided to put my efforts where they are appreciated. 1 - towards a new state of the art facility near home.
1. Did you find out who the person was that made that threat?
2. Come on kid, we can give you a job, no pay involved for it yet.

Tower Man
12-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Without going into details all parties were dealt with in one way or another.

SuperShafts
12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Good. How about # 2?

Tower Man
12-02-2007, 08:19 AM
To answer #2, PM me with what you need. We can talk.