PDA

View Full Version : EEKR Go-kart Banquet 12/02/07

Mack
12-01-2007, 12:41 PM
:applause:This Sunday 12/02/07@ at 1:00pm, the EEKR go-karts will be having their banquet at Calverton Links, 149 Edwards Ave, Calverton, NY 11933. Phone # 631-369-5200. Check Mapquest for directions. There will be raffles, prizes and merchandise given away. There will be a special raffle for a chance to win a new go-kart, according to acting President Dave Brigati. Champions will be honored in each division and special awards will also be given out. This should be the biggest banquet that Long Island go-karters have ever seen. A good time is guaranteed for all. Neat and casual attire please.
" BE THERE OR BE SQUARE" :applause:

CALVERTOWN LINKS - 631-369-5200
149 EDWARDS AVE.
CALVERTON, NY
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2007
BANQUET STARTS 1:PM SHARP

RGeeProductions
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Exit 71 on LIE.
Go north/left at exit ramp stop sign.
It's about 1/2 mile on the left.

Mortgage Guy
12-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh man, I just found this. I am sorry I missed it. How was the banquet??? I was really looking forward to attending. Next year I guess.

TheVinylAnswer
12-04-2007, 01:06 PM
The banquet was the absolute best banquet we have ever been to.. There were over 250 people there, it was all fun and easy going.. The food was excellent, and there was so much, we're gonna be full for a week.. They walked around with appetizers right up until dinner was served (I was full just from those, there were so many and they were so good), which was buffet style, and they set it up perfect so you weren't on line more than a few minutes, they served seconds, had cookies and coffee, and even an ice cream bar..
The music was great, the trophies were awesome.. !st place in all classes got a 6 foot trophy.. I have never seen so many eyes light up.. 2nd place got a 5 foot trophy and so on, and every competitor left with a trophy.. They handed out a yearbook filled with pictures and stories, and they had a 50/50 raffle, with $600 going to the winner.. There was also at least an hour of raffles for merchandise, including a race ready go kart.. Raffle tickets were cheap too, 6 for $5..
The entire thing went smoothly, tables were kept clean and full of refreshments.. You could hear anyone speaking, and anyone who wanted to thank anyone else, was able to do so..
The place was beautiful, and the dude in charge of the place came out and let anyone with small children know that he would make them their dinner whenever they were ready, rather than having to wait for the dinner to be served. Very nice touch.
Everyone was dressed comfortable and it was just a great night, can't wait for the next one.. Awesome job by Dave Brigati and all of his partners to make the best banquet possible. My uncle and Dad are still talking about it..
They put on a great show.. From where we were sitting, everyone around us was having a blast. Everyone was saying what a class act it all was, and how great the food was and what a great time everyone was having.. I could still go on and on..

oldschool
12-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Nice job by Dave and crew in 2007.