PDA

View Full Version : N.H.I.S. opps N.H.M.S.

stabone
12-05-2007, 12:52 PM
URL: http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007711180349 ...
Theres hope for the Mods yet!!!!:applause:

Howie
12-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Now, more than ever we need to support the modified shows at NHMS. I keep seeing over and over that Bruton will try anything, but it's gotta make money. I believe he'll keep the WMT and BES if they don't loose money. So far everything sounds positive.

Axel
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Wow-- how about an open wheel weekend? IRL, USAC Sprints, Midgets and modifieds. That would be beautiful, just beautiful...

Linda
12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I love going to that track and that would be awesome to have a modified madness weekend up there...how cool would that be!!! :applause: Maybe we should email the track in support of his idea of the "Super Bowl of Modifieds".

Jaws
12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow-- how about an open wheel weekend? IRL, USAC Sprints, Midgets and modifieds. That would be beautiful, just beautiful...

No fenders!!!

I would be there in a heartbeat!

I hear they will be opening a pork roll sandwich stand to boot!

chrome horn
12-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Throw in the supers for good measure!!!

ThE sHaDoW
12-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I hear they will be opening a pork roll sandwich stand to boot!

They have no idea what pork roll is up there. It's one of the four food groups in NJ, along with waffles.

catfish
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Almost afraid to ask about the "Other Two":confused:

Rbemben1
12-06-2007, 11:39 AM
As I said, Bruton will do what he wants, when I wants....Lights? No problemo. We'll just have a little talk with those chumps in Canterbury.

A pork roll stand? Why not?? Bologna-burgers can't be far behind (even Axel might like them...) Catfish knows where-by I speak. That's a staple at most Southern tracks...throw in some cheeze & a pile o' fried onions. A complete meal in a bun. ;)

Somehow I get the feeling that Thompson's gonna take a bit of a hit on this. But I DO wish the Mods well.

Rich

Teds Race Tours
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Gappens has also just begun to investigate the viability of some of the facility's other significant spectator events, such as the Whelen Modified Tour, Busch East Series and Loudon Classic - America's oldest motorcycle race. The son of short-track promoters, and a former short-track racer himself, Gappens said he has an appreciation for the smaller series, and mentioned the possibility of organizing a Super Bowl of sorts where modifieds from all over could come and race the 1.058-mile oval.

I smell the Modified Nationals, or at least something close to it.

chrome horn
12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
if this turns into a pork roll or bologna burger bash (are there other food groups?), I will remove this thread. Please keep it civil!!!:rolleyes::p

As for the other two food groups in Jersey, I'll go with beer and deep fried oreo's

Axel
12-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I once went to a redneck picnic where they had bologna balls. They scoopped bologna out of a big thing you would see at a deli using a mellon baller. They served it with "ketchup sauce."

I am not proud to admit that I tried one.

Is this thread sufficiently off-course now? :help:

ThE sHaDoW
12-06-2007, 07:54 PM
if this turns into a pork roll or bologna burger bash (are there other food groups?), I will remove this thread. Please keep it civil!!!:rolleyes::p

As for the other two food groups in Jersey, I'll go with beer and deep fried oreo's

FOOD FIGHT!!

ModTourMan
12-06-2007, 08:18 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought NJ food groups were divided up by shape.

Round (pork roll, donuts, fried Oreos),
Triangle (pizza) and
Square (white castle burgers).

That reminds me...my doctor says I need to get more 'rounds' in my diet.
To get this thread back on course, I gotta say I'm diggin' the Modified Nationals idea Ted! It would be great to have something worthwhile to use up my vacation time on!

Axel
12-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Ted, even tho it was just a dream, the Modified Nationals could be a reality!

It would be great to have a big ol' ROC type show. Perhaps the Trenton Pork Roll Company could sponsor it. (just to bring the topic back off course).

RGeeProductions
12-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Alex's BoC (http://www.pbase.com/soleilmia/image/56541726.jpg) ........Breakfast Of Champions
Damn if it doesn't look like smoked kielbasi!!!!!

Teds Race Tours
12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
I did a little research on our friend Axel. Seems he had a singing career that was cut short when it was leaked that Axel didn't really do the singing. Yes, there was lip syncing. Seems that Axel had damaged his vocal cords by, yes, eating too much pork roll. A sad story yes, but one that had to be told in order to fully understand the sad sad world of Axel Vanilli

Music and Lyrics by Axel Vanilli

I'm in love with you pork 'cause you're always on my mind,
you're the one I think about most every time.
And when you pack a smile in everything you do,
don't you understand, pork, this love is true.
You're soft, succulent so sweet and thin
Just wanna open my mouth and stuff you in.
It lightens up my day, and that's oh so true.
Together we're one separated we're two.
To make you all mine, all mine is my desire.
'Cause you contain a quality, flavor that I admire.
You're pretty plain and simple, you rule my world so try to understand.
I'm in love pork roll,
I'm in so love pork roll.
I'm just in love pork roll, and this is true.
PORK ROLL, you know it's true.
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh I love you.
Yes, you know it's true.
My love is for you.
My love is for you.
This is some sort of thing, Pork Roll, I can't explain,
my emotions starts up when I hear your name.
Maybe your sweet sweet taste would tickle me taste buds,
then I'll was it down with some ice cold buds
Come with your positive emotion, love, making enjoyin'
that's for me to bust it's like a girl and a boy.
These feelings I get I often wonder why,
so I thought I might discuss this, Pork Roll, just you and I.
Now the time that you are served I don't care, as I've said before,
no reason that I like you, pork roll, just for what you are.
If I said I'd think about it, you rule my world so try to understand.
I'm in love Pork,
I'm in so love Pork.
I'm just in love Pork, and this is true.
Girl, you know it's true.
Yes, you know it's true.
Pork Roll, you know it's true.
My love is for you.
Pork Roll, you know it's true.
My love
Yes, you know it's true.
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh I love you

"Pork Roll Publishing Co, Hoboken NJ 1988"

I guess this thread is officially derailed now.

Rbemben1
12-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Ted, you have WAYYYYYYYYY too much time on your hands. Maybe you should start a trip between Foxboro and Philladelphia (and serve pork roll). :cheers:

Rich

(December must be a REALLY slow month...)

chrome horn
12-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I once went to a redneck picnic where they had bologna balls. They scoopped bologna out of a big thing you would see at a deli using a mellon baller. They served it with "ketchup sauce."

I am not proud to admit that I tried one.

Is this thread sufficiently off-course now? :help:

You should try a deep fried twinkie. Right Howie!!!
http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=50144

Howie
12-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Now you are talkin'! Whew! The ultimate sugar high.

Chris
12-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Nothing beets a fried egg and pork roll sandwich at Flemington speedway...AHHH the memories!!

ThE sHaDoW
12-08-2007, 11:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

Tracy87BB
12-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Hay, Hampton Jitney, think there's any way you could get the sheet music for that and give it to Mortgage Guy for his next band gig? They could play it just for YOU!

Goldy
12-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the pictures of that BOC and the Wikipeida link - I'm thinking I'm a fan of Pork Roll and never knew it..

.. and here I thought Axel was a bit odd...

Come here you little pork roll, come to papa..

Howie
12-09-2007, 09:30 AM
While pondering a BoC this morning instead of my regular breakfast of sausages, eggs and toast the thought occured to me. I wonder if I started a thread about a fried egg and pork roll sandwich for breakfast would the thread end up being about modifieds racing in New Hampshire? :applause:

BTW - I saw ThE sHaDoW last night and he didn't come bearing gifts of "The product that is seldom available for retail or restaurant sale outside of New Jersey" for us "outta staters". :mad: But... there was plenty of other good food available, so he is forgiven.

ThE sHaDoW
12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
While pondering a BoC this morning instead of my regular breakfast of sausages, eggs and toast the thought occured to me. I wonder if I started a thread about a fried egg and pork roll sandwich for breakfast would the thread end up being about modifieds racing in New Hampshire? :applause:

BTW - I saw ThE sHaDoW last night and he didn't come bearing gifts of "The product that is seldom available for retail or restaurant sale outside of New Jersey" for us "outta staters". :mad: But... there was plenty of other good food available, so he is forgiven.

interesting thought, we might be able to derail that thread and find something modified to talk about.

all I can say at this point is, you shoulda stayed longer sir. beyond that, you will need a subpoena to get me to talk. good times :applause::applause::applause:

Axel
12-10-2007, 05:35 AM
Ted- so sorry it's taken so long to reply. Tears of joy were streaming down my face all weekend after reading that! :*-(

I think this thread has been derailed sufficiently now. My day is complete!

RGeeProductions
12-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Can we get back to N.H.M.S.???
"None Ham Mentioning Site", LOL

catfish
12-14-2007, 10:47 AM
As a side note to anyone who may care Taylor Pork Roll has been seen in the meat dept at Waldbaums in Riverhead

Howie
12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Listening to Jerry Gappens speech at the NHIS Awards Party Wednesday night, he sounded very high about keeping the things that worked at NHIS in place at NHMS. Let's support the WMT and keep it a venue they will continue to have at NHMS.