PDA

View Full Version : Frostbite II

pappywrench
12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Frostbite II will be run using 2007 rules. I will be taking input at that race for rule updates or changes. Give me your ideas, tires, safety, or anything to make it better. 2008 rules will take effect the following race. I want to try to keep the rules as simple as possible, but if individuals want to read between the lines, I'll have to fill those lines in.:lol:
Just keep in mind that these are supposed to be bonestock and no made for racing items. PAPPY

STU
12-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I think the rules are just fine the way they are. Some guys will always find that little extra to go faster than the others. That simply comes with experience and knowing the track, and your car, inside and out. We need to find a way to fill the track up with cars like the good old days, so a fast car means nothing if you don't know how to drive it in traffic. JMO
Cory 1x

rpkulik
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
1. Bag the 1/2" camber rule or increase the limit. I still cannot figure why this is even there. The only effect I can see is that it chews up tires. It doesn't do anything to improve safety or even up the competition.

2. K&N filters are CHEAPER than paper over the course of a season. Cut the drivers a break and allow this item.

STU
12-14-2007, 05:59 PM
What is wrong with the rules we have now?

riceys1
12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I agree. I'm changing air filters every race at $12.00 a pop

EnduroFromDE
12-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I have not looked at the rule book lately, but why not get the type that you can just clean out? Or does it have to be paper type? If that's the case, that is a rule that needs to be relooked at. Those type filters are only adding up to 8% hp., which at most will only be like 15 hp, which is not going to mean much since most cars have lost more hp than that over the few years most cars have been racing, and if it is a new car, its probably a new driver, or the car is going to need some tweaking to get it as good as the top runners. So to sum it up, a K&N filter should be able to be used because it is not going to give any driver an advantage. This is coming from a guy that no longer races Enduros...

jm31
12-16-2007, 02:22 PM
K&N filters are expensive, and you have to buy the cleaning kit. Why not use a filter with a cleanable media? Instead of changing the filter after every race, why not get one that can be cleaned without buying a kit?

rpkulik
12-18-2007, 10:09 PM
It wasn't my intent to endorse a particular brand, I'm sure there are competing products that offer the same cost benefits. I have yet to get more than 2 races from a paper filter.

BTW, I clean my filter with mineral spirits and re-oil with Marvel Mystery Oil or two-stroke oil. Call me cheap.:)

J & J Racing 41
12-19-2007, 08:48 AM
The only thing that I think needs to be looked at is the tire rule. There are not a lot of tire options with 225/60 tires for the big cars. But you said we could run 235/70 if the tread is 7". There are 225/60 listed at 7.8 " tread width. Why not just make the rule 235 tires? It would take the guess work out of trying to figure out if a tire is legal or not. It would be easy to tech also, if the tire has 235 or less on the sidewall it would be good.

STU
12-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Enduro racing is meant to be dirt cheap and be lots of fun. It is for me. No one is going to make a lot of money doing this stuff. Yes, I try my best every time out there, but I'm not going to put a lot of money into my cars. PAPPY will adjust the rules accordingly. Give him your input, but no one can please every driver. Remember guys, FUN, FUN and more fun, don't give yourselves worry lines this early in the season.
See you all at the FROSTBITE.

Cory
1X

miller78
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
The only thing that I think needs to be looked at is the tire rule. There are not a lot of tire options with 225/60 tires for the big cars. But you said we could run 235/70 if the tread is 7". There are 225/60 listed at 7.8 " tread width. Why not just make the rule 235 tires? It would take the guess work out of trying to figure out if a tire is legal or not. It would be easy to tech also, if the tire has 235 or less on the sidewall it would be good.

Yeah, good point Joe, I'm still looking for 225/60 and the race is only a few weeks away and yet where I go for tires they have a ton of 235/60 and no 225/60 and maybe with that lil bigger tire, the "full size cars" will be 6 inchs higher then.

intense1
12-21-2007, 12:43 PM
All good points that we(officials) will be discussing.

Happy Holidays!

STU
12-23-2007, 04:48 PM
As per accuweather.com..... January 5th partly sunny high of 43
Things will probably change, but I'll take it.

STU
12-27-2007, 03:44 PM
What is the order of events?
If it is really cold can we have camp fires?
Can't wait!!!!

intense1
12-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Tailgating in the parking lot will be permitted (and encouraged)...however, NO open fires allowed. (BBQs OK)
also, no fires in pits.

The order will most likely be: 4 cyl, Trophy Trucks, 6/8 cyl

As of now, there is very little snow left and the track is dry.

Looking forward to kicking off the 2008 season...BIG TIME ENDURO STYLE!!!:applause:

greenflag
12-29-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm sure the stands will be supported well with fans, we are all ready for 2008. The off-season is too long. Time to go racing.
:cheers:

EnduroFromDE
12-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Is there any word on the car count for the 1st race???

intense1
12-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Getting calls from all over the Northeast about the FROSTBITE II Enduro event. It's gonna be a great day of racing and fun, for a great cause with www.Americarespondswithlove.org, to benefit disabled American vets.
NEXT SATURDAY!!!

STU
12-30-2007, 03:31 PM
4-8 inches tonight (Sunday), then steady cold that should keep the snow around. If so, what can we look forward to when we pull in on Saturday?

EricaR
12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Racing in the snow. Sorry, had to do it....it's what we have all been waiting for ever since the Enduros started racing in January. Last year, it was a beautiful day, mild weather, no snow...the April race was a bit of a mess. See you all at the track! No over indulging over the next few days!! YEAH, RIGHT!

Sac-Man
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Is there any word on the car count for the 1st race???

There is no pre-registration so there is no way to count who may or may not participate.

W. J.
01-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Today's the day, so get out there (dress warmly) and enjoy the first Enduro races of the year!!! :applause:

Good luck to everyone!!!