PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Dec 18th, at 7pm, at RHT

SuperShafts
12-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Bring yourself and anyone else you can to Riverhead town hall Tuesday, Dec 18th, at 7pm.

http://www.limotorsports.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184

Make sure you understand that by not showing up you are sealing your motorsports future's fate.

SuperShafts
12-15-2007, 11:31 AM
If you can not make it, call someone who can stand in for you. Call your friends that you have that aren't on this board, make them aware of what is going on. Do not keep all your eggs in 1 basket!

Make sure you as part of the motorsports community are there for your fellow brothers and sisters to keep their's and your hopes alive for motorsports on Long Island. If you don't all stick together now, when will you start? When it's to late?

Make sure you are present at Riverhead Town Hall, if not for this, then for the fact the same way your govt is ignoring this issue, then you will allow them to ignore every other issue and allow them to do as they please...

Bring your own pitch fork....

SuperShafts
12-16-2007, 10:05 AM
If you are a driver, the official mother of all drivers meetings is at Riverhead town hall, Tuesday, Dec 18th, @ 7pm

Any chance you guy's might want to get this main page, get all the people aware of what's going on with the corruption of RHT and their war to end motorsports on Long Island? ? ?

Let's not wait till there is nothing....

Jeff T
12-16-2007, 09:46 PM
From what I have heard from a reliable source, in order to make any difference at this meeting, RIVERHEAD TOWN RESIDENTS will have to show up and make their voices heard. According to a friend who talked to the one in charge of this debacle, the reason why the Snow Cone won out over the race track is because of the lack of voice from the RIVERHEAD TOWN RESIDENTS at these previous meetings. Outside influence carries some weight, but not as much influence from within the town residents who are in favor of the race track. I'm not trying to put down the Riverhead Town residents for not previously participating, but trying let them know that it is is critical that you have your voice heard before you never get another chance.

The Bullfather
12-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Jeff no one from Riverhead voiced their opinion in favor for the snow-cone! How would they go for something no one in the town wanted in the first place. Not one person stood up and said "I want the resorts and snow dome!".

W. J.
12-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Not one person stood up and said "I want the resorts and snow dome!".

Ah, but did ANYONE say they were against it?

The Bullfather
12-17-2007, 01:16 AM
yes they did!

SuperShafts
12-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Plenty of people were against it from RHT... Problem is that the RHT board can't read

The use of the property and how the property should be used and broken into what parcels and what those parcels should and how to be used was done with:

The Fed US govt

The state NYS govt

The county Suffolk

The towns: Riverhead, Southampton, Brookhaven, and I forgot the rest..

IF you or even the town board reads the use of the property, we wouldn't be talking about or fighting for this...since within that land use they all laid out, it specifically says motorsports use...not one mention of a ski mountain.

It specifically says no interference or competiton with Splish Splash...it say's a lot of things that Cardinale is not doing....

But the wonderful thinkers in RHT voted for a liar.

And now they got a guy who, until the Riverhhead Resorts deal, everything took years to get thru...is now going to go thru in 6 days if he has his way...

6 days

8 months for Rechler Assoc. (that was a record)

3 years for f-1K

8 years for Island Park and COUNTING

Also, everyone else paid up front at time of movement forward.

But for the special Riverhead Resorts, they get to put a small portion down and not anymore until they're all good and ready to open the door for business...

What was it that people told me....Cardinale is ok.... riiiight, feel like swallowing that load now?

Make sure no matter where you are from, you are there tomorrow night.

Bring your pitch fork.

SuperShafts
12-17-2007, 07:21 AM
If you do not show up tomorrow night, it means that you are saying you stand for and like and agree with this kind of lousy deal.

You are also saying you aren't much of a motorsports fan or participant..

Jeff T
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
You can talk about the town board, the various towns and government agencies involved all you want, but all I am saying is that the worlds that came out of P.C.'s mouth were that there were no Riverhead Town residents making their voices heard in favor of the race track. Plenty of voices from outside of Riverhead town, but not enough from within. THAT is the point I am trying to bring forward. In order to have any shot of having this thing turned around, RIVERHEAD TOWN RESIDENTS NEED TO SHOW UP AT THIS MEETING AND VOICE THEIR OPINIONS.

RGeeProductions
12-17-2007, 10:33 AM
You are correct Jeff. I tried to make that point back in the pre-election Phil bashing posts that were made here.

SuperShafts
12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
And during the Phil bashing posts and while we were out there telling people the truth...

They still did the stupid thing and voted the liar back in

Now look what they've got going on now....

A rush to get this contract signed, so he can get some money out of someone to make the budget that is empty have something in it....

Yet, because of closed minds and I'm out of towner... prejudice got a stupid vote...that's on the ball thinking for RHT

Jeff, I'm not banking on RHT residents, I'm going to be banking on the courts to change this, but I'll wait till after Tuesday night to go that injunction.

SuperShafts
12-17-2007, 02:28 PM
The other problem Jeff is this: The property took many different people, many different sections of govt, to make the guidelines that is not being followed.

Like I said, IF the Town of Riverhead ever reads that, we wouldn't have problems...

SuperShafts
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM
You can talk about the town board, the various towns and government agencies involved all you want, but all I am saying is that the worlds that came out of P.C.'s mouth were that there were no Riverhead Town residents making their voices heard in favor of the race track. Plenty of voices from outside of Riverhead town, but not enough from within. THAT is the point I am trying to bring forward. In order to have any shot of having this thing turned around, RIVERHEAD TOWN RESIDENTS NEED TO SHOW UP AT THIS MEETING AND VOICE THEIR OPINIONS.
That alone should have shown the people of RHT how stupid Phil was....but that wasn't enough for them... Let's examine this further

All I am saying is that the worlds that came out of P.C.'s mouth were that there were no Riverhead Town residents making their voices heard in favor of the race track. Plenty of voices from outside of Riverhead town, but not enough from within.
It's not the residents of RHT that are going to spend money, they're digging themselves out of a problem. So you would hope you have a lot of outside support for something you are looking to save your town. Nope they couldn't see that.

Where were the voices within the town FOR the mountain?
Why is it when we did a survey of TOWNS people did we have yet again like every other survey, Rex corp was the proposal people wanted in Town.
We had to go around thru the town and this was what we found.
Why didn't the people that seen the posts against Phil and the rallies show up? They're lazy and will wait for someone else to do it for them. Why is it thousands and thousands of letters from Riverhead residents are missing, where did they all go?

concordcharlie
12-17-2007, 04:15 PM
And during the Phil bashing posts and while we were out there telling people the truth...
They still did the stupid thing and voted the liar back in. Now look what they got going on now....

A rush to get this contract signed so he can get some money out of someone to make the budget that is empty have something in it....

Yet because of closed minds and I'm out of towner... prejudice got a stupid vote...that's on the ball thinking for RHT

Jeff I'm not banking on RHT residents, I'm going to be banking on the courts to change this, but I'll wait till after Tuesday night to go that injunction. The voters had Stark, they wanted Phil. Sugar is better than vinegar.

fastgal
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe you haven't had the pleasure of getting thrown out of town board meetings, which more often than not happened under the Stark era. Many meetings became closed and closed door deals happened. That's what happened with the vote for super; still somewhat fresh in many memory. This past election was damned if you do, and damned if you don't. It happens, get over it. I have let my position be known to the board in both meetings and work sessions. State your opinion and be done with it; all this bantering becomes childish after a while.

debbie33
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Just for the record the abbreviation for Riverhead has always been Rhd or Rvhd.

Mike Fields
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not certain if anyone would like to throw these figures around. However, the following article was on NASCAR's Media site:

Study: Daytona International Speedway Generates $1.9 Billion Annually

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Daytona International Speedway, host of NASCAR's biggest, richest and most prestigious event – The Daytona 500 – has an annual overall economic impact of more than $1 billion.

According to the report conducted by The Washington Economics Group, Inc. and Chuck Yaros, Daytona International Speedway and Daytona 500 Experience boast a total economic impact of $1.9 billion annually. The economic impact study was conducted over a several month period utilizing the IMPLAN model, which analyzes both the direct and indirect benefits of an economic producer in a region and statewide.

Daytona International Speedway's annual calendar features high profile sanctioning bodies such as NASCAR, Grand American, American Motorcycle Association (AMA) and World Karting Association (WKA). From stock cars' most prestigious race – the Daytona 500 – to sports cars' most prestigious road race – the Rolex 24 At Daytona, the Speedway is active with activity more than 300 days each year.

"For many years, Daytona International Speedway has been an economic catalyst in the state of Florida," said Speedway President Robin Braig. "Through the millions of fans that visit our facility throughout the year, we are proud to fulfill our commitment to give back to our neighbors in Daytona Beach, Volusia County and the state of Florida on an annual basis."

The WEG study also found:

· DIS and Daytona 500 Experience operations create nearly 32,000 jobs.

· DIS and Daytona 500 Experience provide more than $856 million dollars in labor income annually.

· DIS and Daytona 500 Experience generate $155.4 million dollars annually in tax revenue to state and local governments.

The report also noted that International Speedway Corporation, the parent company of Daytona International Speedway, announced that its operations generate $2.3 billion in economic benefit each year.

"The results of this study are very compelling and speak to the significant contribution our operations make to the annual economy of the state and our local communities," added ISC President Lesa France Kennedy. "Our events attract hundreds of thousands of visitors to Florida each year. These visitors stay locally and spend money at area attractions and other businesses. We could not continue to succeed without the support of our

local residents and officials, and are proud that our operations are able to give back to these communities in such a strong way."

Daytona Beach Mayor Glenn Ritchey was also present at the announcement presenting a proclamation on behalf of the City Commission and the City of Daytona Beach honoring the 50th Running of the Daytona 500. He also commented on the Impact Report.

"As the Mayor of Daytona Beach, I am proud of the role our city has played as the birthplace and home of ISC and NASCAR and the World Center of Racing – Daytona International Speedway," said Ritchey. "I've always thought that the benefits they generate for our community were immeasurable. But, it turns out they are not. The 2.3 billion economic impact of our local motorsports industry has a huge positive effect on our city".

Volusia County Chairman Frank Bruno also read a proclamation on behalf of the County Council of Volusia County proclaiming Feb. 17, 2008, as "DAYTONA 500 50th ANNIVERSARY DAY."

"This report highlights something we've known for a long time – that ISC, NASCAR, and Daytona International Speedway are an incredible economic engine for Volusia County and the state of Florida. They truly drive our economy in a way that benefits all our residents and businesses."

Former NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Champion Mike Skinner also took part in the event noting, "Angie and I have been living here in Daytona for a long time and have seen the track and the surrounding areas grow tremendously. Having a community partner like Daytona International Speedway is not only great for race fans, but great for everyone in Central Florida."

SuperShafts
12-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Maybe you haven't had the pleasure of getting thrown out of town board meetings, which more often than not happened under the Stark era. Many meetings became closed and closed door deals happened. That's what happened with the vote for super; still somewhat fresh in many memory. This past election was damned if you do, and damned if you don't. It happens, get over it. I have let my position be known to the board in both meetings and work sessions. State your opinion and be done with it; all this bantering becomes childish after a while.

Lmao listen to you....

What do you think is happening here...Closed door deals kid

Wow so you think because he allows us to go in and state our case he is running open govt...

Right and that's why he is ruining RHT

So your opinion is sit down and get beaten down....

Stark admitted he made mistakes, he learned from them, damn your boy Phil is on his 3rd try and hasn't learned anything..

Your ts has no budget and is making the property available at far less so he can fund his bankrupt budget..
You're gonna sit there and let your chance slip away...that's awesome, way to go

SuperShafts
12-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Just for the record the abbreviation for Riverhead has always been Rhd or Rvhd.

Riverhead is rhd

When going to town hall it is RHT...

randomrodder
12-18-2007, 12:22 PM
When all is said and done and apathy has had her way, there will be many around sitting and weeping about the once proud history of Long Island Racing here on Long Island. What will happen when the Cromatys decide to retire? Who will take up the torch? Things will NOT be easier when they retire for anyone wishing to take over the reigns of the last track of a long list of racing facilities once found on Long Island.
Maybe we can all go and watch some kids going down a bunny trail and take bets on who will fall first? All things come to an end someday. Where will we go then? The Ski project is a loser from the word go. The track has all the makings of success and it won't hurt Riverhead Raceway. Heck, it most likely will help. For those of us old enough to remember when there were three tracks running, there was plenty of competition at all three with the same cars running at the Head and Islip and on occassional Sundays at Freeport.

fastgal
12-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Phil ain't my boy, and the property has gone to pot over the last 20 years. I really dont care about you, Mr Supershaft, due to your ongoing rants. I will be there tonight to support once again the motorsports complex.

SuperShafts
12-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I have not ranted on LIJ..

When I do, you will surely be able to see it clearly.

You people need to stop reading into things that aren't there.

debbie33
12-18-2007, 09:07 PM
I guess you don't rant you just type a lot.

SuperShafts
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Trust me, I have never ranted on here, typing a lot of letters and words is simple...it's not an immense use of energy to type...

Explaining things doesn't always work in one sentence...

Otherwise I would not have been before RHT over 15 times.

With explantions of what is better, what is green, what isn't green...lol and who's job was all that....surely not mine, I'm not an elected Riverhead board member, I'm not the town supervisor...these are all things they should have known when picking and choosing between 2 projects....or investigating further, not just simply make a prejudiced decision.
They turned down 4, 5 other good proposals. They would have been better off turning down both. Nope, they finally got something to take up the land to get rid of their horrid motorsports past, they're done with us now, they won, you lost....no one tried...ooooppps we tried...

But getting back to the decision between 2 projects...as I explained to them and as people watched on...no one saw that they weren't interested in what the other project may or may not bring, or it's implications, that's some clear headed town board, 4 of them anyway, 7 months and they didn't look into anything...
Even when asked, "Do you have any idea how they're going to construct the mountain?"... they didn't care, well you think they should...or do they want contaminated dirt to make up the base of the mountain?

Anyway, I'll be done Dec 27th. I can't find the argument in my own head to spend 5k to start a process against the town, I spent a lot getting here...
Until possibly, maybe, hopefully another day when the right piece of property pops up, I'll repeat this sad victory to apathy.. But most definitely, no one will be around at 2:15pm on the 27th, no one can even keep up with the LIMA board, except the die hard few, for which I applaud you ...but until then, Apathy has triumphed again... No one to blame but the large part of the motorsports community that is never there, hopefully there is a fountain of youth out there somewhere and it's found soon for you..

art11758
12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Three Riverhead town residents came. (That I know, by name. Others may have been there that I haven't had the opportunity to get to know) One spoke and was politely rebuffed. No one spoke in favor of Riverhead Resorts. In the vote to hold the Q and E (I believe that is what it is called) on the 27th, Ed Densieski made an interesting comment. Quoting Phil Cardinale he said "What's good today will be good tomorrow. The last two weeks of the year are not the time to be conducting this type of town business." And he was the lone dissenting vote. For those that want to watch, the hearing is December 27th at 10 am. The actual signing of the contract is scheduled for the following day. :disgusted

The Bullfather
12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
They are trying to table this before Wooten and Buckley get into power in Jan. No plans have EVER been brought up and passed the weekend between Christmas and New Years. Eddie's comments were what they were, why do you have to bring this up, when the people voted in two new council members. I don't want this to be the last project for the current board to pass. Island Motorsports has spend 9 years trying to get the board to pass his project. Resorts get it done in 7 months!!! They are not giving any time for questions to be reviewed before the 28th. Ask a question and they have no time to research it! This being passed with no time to research the impact, they don't care. The expressions we have gotten from questions we gave them when they have no answers for is amazing! They have not done the research at all! The whole project is not good for the enviromental future of RVHD! Once the mountain gets knocked down is the sense of not going through, will bring a lawsuit upon the townships hands.

SuperShafts
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Funny isn't it, the people voted because of EPCal, voted for the 2 to come in and change things, and Phil is going to crush their hopes in terms of voting.

Gotta love the guy from Newsday last night, if he wasn't the most insane person ever, they have a right to make money...WTH was that.
It did remind me why I dropped Newsday a few years ago and do not subscribe.

W. J.
12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Tehy are trying to table this before Wooten and Buckley get into power in Jan. No plans have EVER been brought up and passed the weekend between Christmas and New Years. Eddie comments were what they were, why do you have bring this up, when the people voted in two new council members. I doesn't want this to be the last project for the current board to pass. Island Motorsports has spend 9 years trying to get the board to pass his project. Resorts get it done in 7 months!!! They are not giving any time for questions to be reviewed before the 28th. Ask a question and they have no time to research it! This being passed with no time to research the impact, they don't care. The expressions we have gotten from questions anwered when they have no answers for is amazing! They have not done the research at all! The whole project is not good for the enviromental future of RVHD! Once the mountain gets knocked down is the sense of no going through, will bring a lawsuit upon the townships hands.

WHAT???:rolleyes: Need a translation.

SuperShafts
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
All kinds of new wonderful things coming out this week....even conspiracy between the town and the towns Riverhead News review reporter to keep the truth, I guess, out the eyes of the people...

All info is on the LIMA board.
We started LIMA for a reason, and that was to keep everyone up to speed with what's going on without all the BS antics and half truths and rumors. If you want it 1st hand and the truth, see it there.

To many things are happening too fast and this ball of wax we are going to make sure comes apart and it is coming apart soon..

So if you're truly interested in motorsports and saving your history and keeping it alive, you know where to go.

I'm sorry, I don't have time to keep going to umpteen boards when there are 50 things going at once and time is running out...

art11758
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Quick thanks to which ever board person fixed my spelling dilemma.... man,that was embarassing.

W. J.
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Always glad to help. Very little that I can't correct. I've always thought people's names as most important, and presenting a message clearly. You always do a good job, so a little 'boost' isn't so hard to provide.

But hey, that's just me, LOL!