PDA

View Full Version : Thank you toy drive.

The Bullfather
12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
I want to thank thoses who came out and supported the toy drive. It not too late to bring a toy. Tonight is the music toy drive. 7 Bands, to get in you need a new unwrapped toy.

randomrodder
12-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Thanks to those that came by Friday evening even if for a few moments. Your efforts and giving will be rewarded 10 fold.

The Bullfather
12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
After getting 365 views for the toy drive, I got truthfully say, I am dissappointed by the turn out from local oval track drivers and fans. This event was promoted through the a bunch of different outlets. Part of the food that was supplied was provided by LongIslandJam.com. I had less then a hand full of people from our racing scene who came out and helped with this event. No one from our own staff was able to make the trip out. It was a blessing for me today to be able to help out at Lighthouse Mission where the toys go too and will be passed out tomorrow morning. I had a great turnout Saturday for the music show. Had 7 great bands and had a lot of kids who came out and brought some toys with them. Through the year I've mentioned this event to many people. A lot of them wanted to help. I understand times can be bad for some. In fact Matt Pepitone couldn't make it because a friend of ours from his job is in the hospital with Leukiema. But, I was still able to make it out and get toys from him this morning. After a lot of promises from friends, it's a little dishearten when no one showed up from the track except from the #00 and #0x figure 8 team. The rest of the people who helped were from the LIMA and Drag racers.

I meet a little girl today, age 11, who collected from her neighborhood over 700 toys. To think what a difference this little girl could make, it just blows you away. I was able to get close to 200 toys this season. It not about numbers, but when a lot of people were less then 3 miles away and no stopped by! If you gave this season to another organization, awesome! I hope you are able to help others out, if your blessing others, it is a blessing.

I consider a lot of you my friends from the racing community, but truthfully felt let down. I won't hold grudges at all, I just felt I needed to get this out there. I don't need reasons as to why people couldn't make it, some may have had a bad week, month or year and maybe scraping by this Christmas season. I hope you get a blessing this season. I was blessed this past weekend by the music show and Friday night with the people who came to the hot rod hang out. I will be doing it again next year.

Happy Holidays
Selah
peter

randomrodder
12-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I would also like to say thank you the few that made it out. I was very tempted to say a few words prior to the event because there was virtually no responses from the members of the forum about the event. I found this very unusual seeing how so many members have so much to say about so many trivial things.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and A Happy and Prosperious New Year and Peace in the pits and on the track.

broz
12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Don't let this get you down Pete....
It's a statement of how our world has become these days :disgusted

You're efforts are not without value or meaning as many kids faces will bear a smile because of the great things you have done for them!

I will say, I don't ever remember being so "strapped" for Christmas. I'll lay blame at the feet of the current administration in office for my financial woes. I'm quite sure many in this country feel the same way right now :rolleyes: The $60 fill up every 2 days is kickin' my arse! :mad:

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO PETER! :cheers:

Again.....
trust me on this....
THOSE KIDS APPRECIATE IT!