PDA

View Full Version : Pop Quiz: What happens half the time in Connecticut, and only once in July?

btgoss
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
That's right, the recently announced Whelen North Modified tour.
9 dates in Connecticut, of the 18 total. Only one race in July. And only one combined date with the South tour.
I will be posting to Google Calendar soon.

Tracy87BB
12-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Both Mod Tour series schedules can be viewed by scrolling down the page here:

http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2007/newsmain/news121507d.htm

RGeeProductions
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Fill me in, fill me in!!!
When, after the awards announcement, did they add 2 more?!?!?!
It was announced 16 races.

Tracy87BB
12-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow, I actually hadn't realized that myself, RGee...
Any further info on the other two dates?

W. J.
12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
A lot of open dates in July, potential for other tracks still to be named. Maybe BT knows something he's not letting on for the moment.

RGeeProductions
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Tracy, there are no other dates.
WJ is correct, room is left for some future additions...Only can hope for more....

btgoss
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Nope, BT just had his math all wrong.
Just 16, making the 9 dates in Connecticut even more outrageous if you ask me... so I wrecked my own joke...

RGeeProductions
12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
The point actually is, we have a 16 race schedule. Yes, 9 are CT, but, we have races........

catfish
12-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I am sure if other tracks had made a pitch for a race and had the $$$$ to guarantee the purse and a workable facility, then you might see more races or most certainly more venues, but the facts are the facts. There just aren't the tracks around anymore willing to work and promote a tour stop (and pay Nascar of course).

btgoss
12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I know I should just be thankful that we have a tour, bowing my head towards Daytona as a sign of loyalty.
But that is not how I feel. If the tour is supposed to be special, then it needs a special schedule, and this isn't it.

We need a really strong personality to help get the modified division back on track. Someone who can gather both fan and promoter loyalty and make something special again. Maybe I am still being nostalgic after watching that old Freeport video, but we need something to spark the division again. 9 races within 10 miles of each other is not so special.

SuperShafts
12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
I know I should just be thankful that we have a tour, bowing my head towards Daytona as a sign of loyalty.
But that is not how I feel. If the tour is supposed to be special, then it needs a special schedule, and this isn't it.

We need a really strong personality to help get the modified division back on track. Someone who can gather both fan and promoter loyalty and make something special again. Maybe I am still being nostalgic after watching that old Freeport video, but we need something to spark the division again. 9 races within 10 miles of each other is not so special.

So take a trip to their office and see what you can get going...