PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for 2007!

Tracy87BB
12-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I know I'm a few days early, but I've learned to take advantage of time when I can get it, so I just want to take a few minutes and thank everyone who has made 2007 a great year for me transitioning into my position with the Jam.

First and foremost, I want to thank JA Ackley for giving us the Jam, and for doing all that he does to ensure its continued existence so that we can all enjoy it. And thank you for having enough faith in me to allow me this opportunity, and for providing me with the necessary tools to do the best job possible.

RGee, what more can I say that I didn't mention in my post on The Chrome Horn board? You handle the majority of my issues, and your contributions and help with the Jam are always appreciated.

WJ, you have given me a tremendous amount of moral support, and your advice has been wonderful, especially in the rare instances when I've had to try and fill your shoes (not an easy task by any means). I owe you a big thanks for ALL you've done for me, and for the Jam.

Mike Mercurio, you have been a great moral support as well...even when I post pictures that I KNOW don't compare to yours and RGee's. It's a pleasure for me to get to work with some great racing photographers who also happen to be great people.

Peter, I thank you for your contributions as well, and I'm looking forward to working with you more in 2008.

Bob McCormack, it was a pleasure meeting you towards the end of the 2007 season. The contributions that you and Danielle make to the Jam are always appreciated.

So many other people have contributed to the Jam...I could probably sit here all day trying to name all of them. There are some people I've never even actually had the pleasure of meeting face-to-face, including Andy and Dale Owen, and Jim Laird, who have submitted photos for everyone to enjoy. Then there are those who I've known for years, and who have really come through for the Jam as well. Cindy Johnson, Elaine Vollmoeller and Chrissy Wanat (as well as Kim Carpenter) all provided assistance with Enduro coverage, especially when I couldn't be there myself and they phoned and emailed me so that the Jam could bring news and results to its readers. Joe Cutri, Erin Bartley and the rest of the NEETS crew have kept us abreast of their events, through their board and by providing information for the Jam front page. Mike Odwazny has done the same for us in terms of events at Mountain. Of course, Bob Finan does his best to provide us with the latest news coming out of the Riverhead Raceway office, and he does a great job of it. Cheryl Donaldson provided photo coverage of the car show at Four Seasons Sunrooms, and numerous other people have submitted news and photos to keep the Jam up-to-date. I sincerely apologize for anyone who I probably should have mentioned and didn't.

Thanks go out to all of our sponsors, who make it possible for the Jam to exist and for us to bring you quality coverage of events both here on Long Island and on the other side of the "toll curtain."

Thanks to all of the drivers, crews and Jam readers for visiting the site and making it what it is, and for giving suggestions and sharing ideas with us. Without all of you, we wouldn't have a web site at all.

On a personal note, I need to thank the whole crew at JTL Enterprises and Matt Odwazny for being so understanding of my decision to join the Jam, leaving my crew duties behind mid-season. And thanks to Artie Pedersen, Jr., for starting the stream of well wishes here on the Jam. Everyone was so supportive and has been so helpful, and I thank all of you tremendously. Last but not least, I have to thank my family for being so patient and understanding of my love for racing and for sharing me with the Jam (especially during the learning process, when things take more time and I "freak out" more over mistakes I've made or things I've erased).

Everyone I did not name specifically, you all know who you are and I appreciate all that you have done for me and for the Jam. I hope we can make 2008 the best year yet for racing on Long Island and for the site!

W. J.
12-23-2007, 01:46 PM
You're absolutely welcome. We are all glad to help each other out wherever we can to make the 'finished product' the best we can. We do this because we love racing and everything that goes with it. You have fit in nicely from the very first day, and you get better with each passing one. Yeah, sleep and food are good, but they can wait until later.
As always, you can call any (reasonable) time and get help with anything you need it for, and we will all continue to do the best we can to make sure you don't crash the site...er, I mean help you do the best you can do as part of this great team. :applause::applause::applause:
I'd like to add a thanks to all the race teams that fed us information throughout the season to give us the meat of the stories we try to get included each week. We do the best that we all know how, and you people are all a big part of that, too, because if you have nothing for us, we have that much less to give back to you and the fans.
Thanks to everyone who helps make this the site that it is today. :)

richardpetey
12-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Great job Tracy! All us JAM fans appreciate the fine work you've done this year...........................:applause:
Since you now work for the racing "Daily Planet"...............your kinda the "Lois Lane" of the JAM, hehe................:cool:
The victory lane photo you requested, hopefully, is on the way......................;)
UNCLE PETEY................:wave::wave::wave::wave: :wave:
Hey JA! When do I receive my "WHAM-BAM THANK YOU JAM' T-shirt, hehe....................:confused:

Bobby Pease
12-24-2007, 12:22 PM
WE ALL LOVE YOU TRACEY!!! Happy Holidays! And a super 2008 to come!!

CYA soon......Bobby Pease!!:cheers: