PDA

View Full Version : The sad news has started again - Danny Pardi

Howie
12-28-2007, 05:04 PM
I just learned that Danny Pardi passed away this afternoon (Friday). He died from the effects of an infection after being brought to the hospital Thursday.

Danny had been involved in racing in various capacities for many years. Most recently at Stafford Motor Speedway and New England Antique Racers.

Arrangements have not yet been made. Visit Courant.com for an updated obituary later this weekend.

There is a nice tribute by Pete Zanardi on The Speedway Line Report website HERE (http://www.thespeedwaylinereport.com/Releases/DEC07/12-29-07DANNY.htm)

RIP Danny.

Arrangements are posted below

Precision Auto
12-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Pardi family.

When someone you loves becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

W. J.
12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
What a shame to lose such a hard working, knowledgable person. My condolences to his family and close friends.

Howie
12-30-2007, 01:12 PM
The arrangements are:

Wake Wednesday from 4:00 to 8:00 at:

D'ESOPO FUNERAL CHAPEL
30 Carter St
East Hartford CT 06118

Funeral Service is Thursday morning at 11:00 at D'ESOPO'S.

Howie
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Daniel J. Pardi
PARDI, Daniel J. Daniel J. Pardi, 62, of East Hartford, loving husband of Marie A. (Georgiades) Pardi, passed away Friday (December 28, 2007), surrounded by his devoted and caring family. Born in Hartford on February 6, 1945, he was a son of the late Malio and Helen (Waters) Pardi. He was a resident of East Hartford for most of his life and a graduate of East Hartford High School. Dan was a proud U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War. Dan was employed as a lineman by SNET prior to becoming the competition director at Stafford Motor Speedway in Stafford Springs. He was an automobile racing enthusiast and was a NASCAR member. He was also a member and past treasurer of the New England Antique Racers. Dan enjoyed spending time with his family, especially fishing with his daughter. Besides his beloved wife Marie of 38 years, Dan is survived by his daughter Melissa Pardi of East Hartford and her fiancé Daniel Sorenson of South Windsor; a brother, David Pardi of East Hartford; his mother-in-law, Catherine (Taupier) Georgiades of Glastonbury; many dear friends. Funeral services will be Thursday (January 3rd) with a celebration of Dan's life at 11AM at the D'ESOPO-East Hartford Memorial Chapel, 30 Carter St. East Hartford. Burial will follow in Silver Lane Cemetery, East Hartford. Relatives and friends may call at the funeral home chapel on Wednesday January 2 from 4 - 8 p.m. Dan's family would like to express their heartfelt thanks to all the dedicated and talented people of the Hartford Hospital Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit. One could almost hear the flutter of their wings, as they are all true angels full of the knowledge of their chosen work and at the same time full of ever present compassion for the man who was Danny. Thank you also to the East Hartford EMT's and the ambulance team. For any on-line expressions of sympathy to the family please visit www.desopo.com.

Pnewsham
01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Danny Pardi was someone I turned to alot when I took over as President of NEAR..I will miss him Big Time!
I'm sad to have lost a friend like Danny, but find great Joy in having known him !! We love ya Danny and we will never ever forget you..
Peace be with the Pardi's..

Pete Newsham
NEAR President

mattphoto
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
RIP Danny You Will be missed