PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Enduro's

Braddock Bandit
01-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Did anyone run any New Jersey enduro's in '07? If so, maybe you can enlighten us on some of the mandatory "required by state" changes we will have to make to our cars. Plus, I just thought it would be nice to see some talk about enduro racing on this site.

richardpetey
01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
The actual tech inspection seemed to differ with each individual track......................:-|
Last year at New Egypt, no safety tech at all, at Wall they checked right down to your nomex underwear......................:eek:
I'm hoping NEETS will still be considered a traveling series from Pa. and be able to use that states rules..................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

4speed
01-06-2008, 06:52 AM
I have been hearing a lot about this "traveling/touring series" from a couple people and they seem to think that that is going to be the way it is, but it won't be. Maybe years ago when NEETS ran Wall they were a touring series, so things were a little less strict. But now it's 2008, and NJ will not allow anyone to get away with anything when it comes to safety. Furthermore, Wall is a lot stricter than New Egypt for some reason. Maybe because New Egypt is dirt, those guys still think they are racing on the farm. But, asphalt + NASCAR + Wall = strict NJ safety requirements. If you are going to argue that it's a traveling/touring series, then WHERE IS THE PROOF? First off, there is no schedule, but if there was, then there better be a list of a half a dozen or more tracks to prove that you're a touring division. Look at Ford Focus schedule, TQ midget schedule, ARCA, or HOOTERS Pro Cup. They are all touring divisions. Look at their schedule and you will see many different tracks. Where did NEETS race 3 years ago? All year at Mountain. All last year at Mahoning, and MAYBE all this year at Wall. How could it possibly be a touring series if you only race at one track per year. It makes absolutley no sense at all and if I was in charge, I am not sure I would even ask Wall or NJ to cut us some slack for that reason because it is not nearly a strong enough reason.

With that being said, all drivers and teams better prepare themselves for a minimum 7 point roll cage, with the 2008 NJ mandated high density roll bar padding, a racing seat, and a racing 5 point harness, which is only good for 2 years. They will be checking the dates, Nomex Underwear, suit, gloves, Snell up to date helmet. (They check the dates on them, too) gloves, shoes (no work boots), neck collar, fuel cell properly mounted (mounting will be inspected), fuel cell foam, fuel shut off valve within drivers reach, fire extinguishers in car, probably driveshaft loops, with driveshaft being painted white, and maybe more, but that's the main items I could think of now. Oh, and transponders too, you need your own. Remember the rules at Flemington? Well they will be pretty close to those, plus more.

I spent Saturday afternoon at the Frostbite race at Mountain. I will say that a lot of the cars I saw will not pass NJ inspections.

You might as well throw the touring series idea right out the window, because it' not gonna happen. I am friends with, and have spoken to both tech inspectors at Wall, and the head NJ State Police representative, who is in charge of all racing in NJ on this Enduro matter. He is the head honcho on the state board and they told me the roll cages and new roll bar padding, have already been decided that it will be mandatory, along with all the safety clothing a driver must wear.

I am telling you all this now so your prepared for what to expect. I would hope for the best, but expect the worst. It's a shame that we are all being strung along here, with no schedules and no rules and racing starts in 90 days.

Bigger problems seem to be developing and we all will find out soon, but I am not gonna be the one to say it here. Make some phone calls, and do some research and you will find out yourself.

Petey, I'll bet you $50 your traveling series idea will be flushed down the toilet. What do say, wanna bet?

I'm building a race track at my house on 30 acres. It will be called the Readington Raceway. Club membership required - schedule TBA in the spring.

Braddock Bandit
01-06-2008, 07:35 AM
:help: :help: :help: Why not go back "If they will have us"? Maybe the transponder situation has been straightened out!!:) Series was slowly building there and I'am sure it would continue to grow there. Just a thought! Maybe a brain fart. :rolleyes: Just would like to see NEETS move on to the next season as smoothly as possible under new leadership. Keep up the good work JOE and ERIN.

Braddock Bandit
01-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Maybe Fun and affordable racing does not = NEW JERSEY!

ststock23
01-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Since you are an insider, can you shed any light on this post?
Say it aint so!!!
http://theboard.southjerseydirtracing.com/DisplayMsg.asp?ForumID=27&Msgid=628360&page=1

enduroracer131
01-06-2008, 11:31 PM
I sure hope that's not true about Wall. :disgusted

W. J.
01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Many rumors flying around about this subject. Too bad someone who lives in the vicinity of the track can't drive by and let the rest of us know what is going on.

realist
01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
I drove by yesterday, everything looks the same, but from what I hear, the fat lady sang and nobody heard her.

shore taxi
01-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Same here. I don't know what to think, same old thing every year, but from what is being said around here, this is the real deal.

fastgal
01-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Maybe it is the reason Jimmy Blewett is running Riverhead this year?

W. J.
01-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Maybe it is the reason Jimmy Blewett is running Riverhead this year?
It was announced Jimmy would be running Riverhead last Fall, long before any of this occurred.

realist
01-08-2008, 08:24 AM
this has been in the works since early last season, everyone knew creamer was taking over, & he wanted nothing to do with running a racetrack. he just wants his return on his investment.

tstiles
01-08-2008, 09:59 AM
This really sucks. If it's true. I hope this is just a dirty rumor, but I called the track, and it's phone is disconnected.

WEEZER
01-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Maybe NEETS and Mountain could kiss and make-up so things were like they were 3yrs ago when NEETS ran there or better yet, have a NEETS vs Mountain Madness vs Long Islanders series at Mountain.

Mike Fields
01-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I had to do a couple of Blog entries today. The last one was after I spoke to Jim Morton. To say that things are not encouraging would be a tremendous understatement. But I believe that I received all the info that was available.

W. J.
01-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Other than what we've read on your blog, and the few entries on the southjerseyracing.com board, there seems to be much confusion at this point about the future of the track.
Too bad someone connected with them doesn't step up and clarify the situation for everyone, and turn off the rumor mill. The silence is deafening!!! :mad:

Braddock Bandit
01-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Isn't Jim Morton being let go,the phone being turned off and nothing on their web page about a 2008 season enough?

shore taxi
01-08-2008, 08:11 PM
They are having a meeting about Wall tonight and should know soon about what is going on, if they will open for 2008. 5 mins from the track will let you know what is going on.

Tooner
01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I was just told tonight that the Wall Sunday Series Banquet will go on as planned this Saturday. There will be info regarding the 2008 Season Wall Township Speedway Whelen All-American Series banquet on February 2nd hopefully Friday, with more info to follow after that.

Wall Sunday Series website (http://wtsss.homestead.com/)

Mike Clayton
webmaster Wall Township Speedway
www.wallspeedway.com (http://www.wallspeedway.com)

NJ Chick
01-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the update Mike, much appreciated!:wave:
You too, Shore Taxi!:wave:

EnduroFromDE
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
This was a link from WallSpeedway.com

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880109054

It more or less says that Wall WILL BE OPENING in Spring!!!

blownb310
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Did anyone run any New Jersey enduro's in '07? If so, maybe you can enlighten us on some of the mandatory "required by state" changes we will have to make to our cars. Plus, I just thought it would be nice to see some talk about enduro racing on this site.OK, back on topic anyway. Yes, I attended the Halloween Havoc enduro at New Egypt Speedway last October and enjoyed it very much. The only disappointment was that the cars had to have at least a 104" wheelbase. That means only big family cars can run. It excludes all of the compacts that we enjoy racing here in upstate, NY. I feel sorry for you guys in NJ. The rules really make it difficult to have fun for a reasonable expenditure. I was hoping to run some enduros in south Jersey while visiting my Father.

Mike

Braddock Bandit
01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for your response to my original question:) "which seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle":confused: Good luck racing in up state NY!:cheers:

CJfilms
01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
One of the issues is just that...104" wheel base.

IF Wall announces that the track will be opening, I will be attending a state commision meeting and will be looking into an adjustment to this rule... Also, I am not going to be there alone! I would rather wait to hear more from the speedway before I post up anything else....

Be Patient!!

...Gee...maybe I should change my avatar to that for now? :applause::applause::applause:

kinserfan11
01-10-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880109054

blownb310
01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
One of the issues is just that...104" wheel base.

IF Wall announces that the track will be opening, I will be attending a state commision meeting and will be looking into an adjustment to this rule...This is good news. I hope they will listen to you guys, and can see the light. I'd love to see the compacts racing. I'd be able to compete as well!

dirtmodfan
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
A grand am ran at New Egypt last year. According to what I could find, the wheelbase is less than 104.

blownb310
01-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Man I really hope they get rid of that silly "big car only" rule for enduros. With car counts suffering everywhere you look in racing these days. It doesn't make any sense.

Mike

Braddock Bandit
01-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Feelings are mutual blown310, Why would you even consider a track that only allows half your racing event on the track! Seems to be a lot to work out yet. Hope it all goes well for NEETS sake!:cheers:

Erin C
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
There is no 104" wheel base rule...this rule IS under the automobile enduro section of Jersey rules BUT!!! That is for road course enduros, NOT circle track...there is no wheel base rule for the circle track enduro.

There was a lot of information available at the safety seminar and the Jersey state police is actually excited to hear that enduros will be coming back to the asphalt tracks in Jersey...Joe is at work now and I know he wants to come on and let you all know what he has learned and what he still needs to work on, so sit tight...he will be home later.

blownb310
01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
That's very encouraging. I'm all ears! :D

slim1972
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
sorry to say you are wrong or miss informed the rule states other than road
course faciltys that is what the state rule book says now that being said at
the state meeting that topic is going to be adressed and hopefull will be
resolved

CJfilms
01-21-2008, 09:55 PM
This is the final say here... NJ State Troopers have the final say whether cars with smaller than 104" wheel bases are allowed.

As per the NJ Motor Vehichle Racetrack Regulations, Chapter 62, Subchapter 4: Safety Requirements for Vehichles and Personnel: Oval Racing....There is NO RULE stating that a minimum 104" wheel base is required.

Under Subchapter 10: Automobile Enduro Events (Other than at LICENSED ROAD COURSE FACILITIES)...All cars must have a 104" Wheel Base.

I know this can get confusing...one says no problem, the other says no small cars....... The solution I have come to: I asked the TWO NJ STATE TROOPERS that hosted the "Race Track Safety" seminar at the 2008 Motorsports show during the 1st annual Promoter's Summit....they BOTH said that we fall under SUBCHAPTER 4...OVAL RACING. Wall is a LICENSED ROAD COURSE. The ENDURO racing they are ruling over is at facilities that are not NJ Licensed...they are strictly off road events.

So this is what it boils down to....

This Wednesday, I will be attending the NJ State Commission hearing regarding NJ Racing. I most certainly will be bringing up this issue there to help further clarify it for everyone that we will be racing ALL 3 DIVISIONS in 2008 at WALL!!!!!!!

Now, if anyone would like to debate this issue any further...please understand that I will not put anymore comments into this thread regarding whether the 4 cylinders or TRUX can race at or in Wall or NJ. When I have an answer that is 100% concrete, I will post it up.