PDA

View Full Version : Something different for y'all

CTC Photos
01-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Being a race fan, who grew up in CT, I thought y'all might want to see some racing photos from this weekend. They are "DIRT" photos....eeeeeek....but, I think y'all (how's my Southern drawl?) will like them, if not no worries. Thanks for stopping by.

http://www.ctcphotos.com/2008.htm (click on the picture)

RGeeProductions
01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Awesome....Thanks Troy!!!!

Howie
01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks for sharing, Troy. Good stuff (lotta fenders though :) ). Things have changed in CT since you left. I just got back a little while ago from a race in CT in January on a 1/4 mile dirt track. Most of the cars had wings and all most none had fenders. I should have some photos up in the TCH gallery soon. You've gotta admit that's something different for us here in CT too. I've gotta admit though those dirt late models usually put on a heck of a show too.

WMT10
01-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Howie
How was the indoor track?

LongIslandJam
01-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Howie, I, and many others took a visit to Mototown USA for their first quarter-mile dirt track. It was quite amazing. The thrill of seeing dirt sprint cars and dirt mini-modifieds in the middle of a long frozen New England winter was a sight for sore eyes. Top notch facility - and I'm sure once they get used to roundy-round racing, it will grow.:)

Howie
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Howie
How was the indoor track?

I had a good time. They had a little lower car count than expected and a few too many cautions. Being the first race I think (hope) the cautions will lesson as time goes on. A fast little track and plenty of close racing through the pack (also the reason for cautions). Pretty good crowd and minimal dust and exhaust. Great way to spend a winter afternoon.

CTC Photos
01-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys.
Howie - I love the mods almost as much as the Dirt Late Models. I'm blessed to have the opportunity to shoot these races...I however, have the WSMT race at Lanier on 8/30 already penciled in. I can't wait to see a "REAL" open wheel modified on track for the first time in 5 years. I will say that the DLM fender guys put on a GREAT show at most every track they take to.