PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

STU
01-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Red flag periods are getting crazier lately.
I like the way Big D. does it. Try going yellow for 5-10 seconds, then go red. This will give a little extra time for everyone to notice and slow down. Hopefully it might save a few pile ups from happening and not as many busted up front ends (like mine).
Bring out the big yuke tires!! Nothing worse than holding youR car down on the white line and getting spun from behind by a guy who was racing in the infield trying to pass you. Let's start taking laps from the guys who can't stay out of the infield!! The TRACK is for racing.

tstiles
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear about the front end over there. Just a few animals out there (same ones) that wreck, pound and smash anything they can get to. But I must respectfully disagree with your thought on the red flag. I think the red worked great and it was pretty darn quick each time it was thrown.

2xdan
01-08-2008, 03:44 PM
The pile up wouldn't happen if you'd remember RED means STOP! Not coast, roll on, or whatever you call it! ;)

Zcar
01-08-2008, 11:20 PM
You also have to remember, not everyone is seeing that red flag at the same time. It was hard to see the lights at some points on the track.

gutter7
01-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I thought you rear-ended someone under red, then pitted under red and rejoined the race. Were you at the drivers meeting?

STU
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
on both issues. I'm not crying about it, just thought trying the "yellow first" idea is worth a shot. I don't want that to happen again, to me or anybody else. As for comming back out, I simply forgot that rule. I'm not perfect, believe me my wife tells me I'm wrong all the time. HEHE
Cory
1x

CIN
01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
There Are No Yellow Flags In Enduro Racing. Never Was. Should Not Start Now.