PDA

View Full Version : A look into the crystal ball of NEETS...

CJfilms
01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, I can't say I am posting this before I get phone calls or emails...nor can I say I am posting this up BECAUSE of anyone's phone calls or emails...

I know you are all concerned about NEETS...Thank you.

Yes, there are a lot of rumors floating around about Wall Speedway, so I know there will be a lot of talk going on about NEETS. I am going to try to clear up as much as possible here for everyone...IF I miss anything, let me know...if I omit anything, there is a reason for it. I WILL OMIT anything I am not in a position to talk about, I will forget things I should probably remember! :D

So, let's get this ball rollin'...

Wall... Despite all of the rumors going around, I cannot give you anymore info than what has been released on their own website...the forum (the wall board) is unofficial, therefore info there is NOT OFFICIAL. Here's what I do know: 1, the current promoter was released from the speedway, BUT he is working on an aggressive plan to make sure there will be a 2008 season at Wall. Yes, that is taken from the Wall Board, but it has been confirmed. Period. 2, demolition has not been started, zoning laws have not been changed, and finally, the speedway is still in tact. 3, the future of Wall Speedway is undecided, but from my perspective, things do look promising.

NEETS... Despite all of the rumors circulated about Wall, we are NOT JUMPING SHIP! We announced we are racing at Wall Speedway. We will do anything we can to help promote/ensure future racing at Wall Speedway. IF, IF, the worst case scenario does come true and Wall does not open, at least for 2008, are we sunk? NO!!! We certainly do not want Wall to close their doors, but we are not going to jump ship until they get things worked out, NOR are we going to be done for if they do. I do recall this situation last season, NEETS did not have a track until APRIL!!! This does not mean I am going to sit on my thumbs until I hear word though...I am still making phone calls looking into our future! I will repeat this once again...IF Wall closes, we are not SUNK! We will not jump ship just because or rumors though.

Traveling and rules... Yes, last time NEETS ran at Wall, we were a 'traveling series'. Are we not now? In 2006 we ran Mountain Speedway, in 2007 we ran Mahoning Valley Speedway and in 2008 we are scheduled to run Wall Speedway.......Aren't we traveling each year? We may not be relocating the series to a different venue each race, but we certaily have picked up and moved each year... Every man defines words differently (Heck some pronounce them differently too... tomAto-tamato, ingnore my spelling WJ!!! Thank you!) It just depends on which way you are looking at the cube, either it inverts to traveling each race or it projects to relocate each season. Maybe NEETS was founded as a touring series...maybe we found it to be better to have a solid location... Just because some things have changed doesn't mean we need to change our name along the way...does it? Now, if we were the 'super-fast traveling hair cutters' and we decided to switch to a 'lemonade stand'....yeah, keeping the same name might be misleading...but, we still race, we still do enduros, we haven't ventured out of the NE region....and if you ask me, we still tour around each year. So as far as NEETS being a traveling series, I think you can all lay that one to rest... Rules get changed year to year, location to location, that's only proper, we learn as we go...hey inflation keeps going up...why not adjust rules as needed to eliminate race cars from the seires or make things more affordable...the only way to do so is to adjust the rules. If NJ mandates fuel cells, we'll find you a place to buy them CHEAP!!! Let US worry about how to get around the loop holes first, ok?

Please don't think I am mad about anything, I am just putting things in BOLD and CAPS to highlight the important parts! :D

Now, for a quick change of pace... I will be posting up a schedule when we have one. This is the main reason why I wanted to wait until everything was set in stone to release info regarding the future of NEETS... I know everyone is at that point where they want to start preparing cars and laying out their seasons...but until we know what our future looks like, I cannot tell you dates. NEETS made that mistake in the past, we released a schedule that conflicted with the speedway's interests...I WON'T DO THAT! I want our schedule approved beforehand, therefore there are no problems later down the line.

I appreciate all of the phone calls and emails I have been receiving...you are letting me know you are still with us!!! Thank you...all!!!

Any questions I have left unanswered or forgot about, send me an email...I'll do the best to fill in the blanks!

Thank you all again! And stay tuned!!!

CJfilms
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
...ps...:-B

I am sorry I am not online as much as before posting up things all the time... I started a new job at the begining of this year and I do not have computer access AT ALL!!!! I have to wait until I get home to check emails, forums and phone messages. I usually can still take a phone call during the day, it just depends on where I am. I am a Field Inspector for a municipal service company, so I am usually doing inspections when I get most of my calls...but ask Dennis! I get back to you as soon as I can!!! :D :D :D

So, until I get through my training and get placed into my office, I won't be readily available during the day time too much....

But hey, if you need to talk to me, try calling me, worst case I return the call!!!

BBI1432
01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Seems like a whole lot of talking with nothing really being said...:confused: :drool: :wave:..... with the way this keeps going, I could see the Mountain enduro car count rising! IF Wall closes, which is looking very likely, is there a back-up plan?? And IF it doesn't close, what are we looking for as far as safety?? Because I know when I went to the Turkey Derby, the safety rules were very strict....I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to start building a "NEETS" car...:confused:

CJfilms
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
As I said in the post...sit tight. We will cross those bridges once we get there....otherwise, we are just spinning our wheels! :D

W. J.
01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Word on the street is that Wall Township Speedway is currently in some sort of hibernation, so don't expect too much to happen very soon. I guess we'll have to wait for the Spring thaw.

EnduroFromDE
01-09-2008, 08:40 PM
R...reasonable, yet
U...unofficially
M...mindless
O...opinions, for
R...rampant
S...stupidity

Thats Why They're Called RUMORS!!!

P.S. Yes, I did use the Dictionary, they are big words I've never used before

EnduroFromDE
01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I already posted this in another topic but, this was a link straight from the home page of WallSpeedway.com

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880109054

It more or less says that Wall WILL BE OPENING in Spring on '08!!!